View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

7 7.78%
  • 2 - Easy

33 36.67%
  • 3 - Moderate

39 43.33%
  • 4 - Hard

11 12.22%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the God of War forum, part of the G; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Kronicles of Kup

Gonna go for Moderate on this one. Even thought the campaign isnt to bad, the Challenges were a nightmare. Prolly the hardest out of all 5 GOW's

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate This was the hardest GOW game to platinum because of the challenges. Some them were hard and I believe that they had to be done in one setting as if you left them you started all over again but not sure on that. Also the time trial trophy wasn't too bad but is nerve racking.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy

This was my first God of War title and I somewhat expected a bit more of a challenge. The challenges weren't too terribly difficult and took just a few tries at most for me. Speed run as a second run also wasn't that hard. The game might be one of the harder of the series to platinum, it just isn't that hard compared to the majority of games out there. Can easily be done in a day or two with mild effort.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Team Dingleberry

I voted Easy for this one. Without a difficulty trophy, the campaign itself is a cakewalk. Finishing the game in under 5 hours is very easy with the cow outfit. The challenges can be annoying, but by far the worst part about them is having to finish them all in one sitting. Took me about 2.5 days to get this platinum.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Challenge of the Gods is a big pain in the ass.

PRO Member

Moderate. The campain is easy but the challenge of the gods especially 10 is a pain.

Gotham's Reckoning

Moderate: The challenges were ridiculously hard, especially the final one which took me almost all night to beat.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Me & Ming @ The Stash

moderate
    My first . Story mode was easy it's just the damn challenges in this one that was a pain, mainly because you couldn't save your progress Who's ever idea that was should be drug out to the streets have all the local town people throw stones at him/her.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Kiwi Defender

Easy. Only troublesome thing are the challenges, which one can complete with no problems with a good strategy.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Nope, nothing

Hard.
    The challenges were just a bitch

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate (on a side note this is DoomHorror's 1st plat)

The challenges were definitely the hardest part, but they're not THAT hard I beat them in first sitting.

You may be worried about the beat the game under 5 hours trophy but trust me, it's super special easy! I actuall was at about ~2:30 when I beat the game, I just skipped every chest, every enemy (that's skippable) and ran through. I bet I could have beaten even faster if I wouldn't use every save point (was afraid I'd fall off a cliff or something, and I did die in hell at least once)

Lvl 7 - Gold

this was easy
    i didnt even find challenge of the gods hard like people say it was
    all i did was spam same combos nothing hard about that

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate - Just because of the Challenge of the Gods. Everything else was easy.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

Regional Manager of War

I voted Very Easy

Why because before the collection was even announced or being made I must of played this game to much, I did the challenges and God mode so many times just for fun back on the PS2 days. Only one challenge should considered "hard" and to me its based more on luck because if the Satyrs don't combo you to often then when you use rage of the Gods you could make it to the top really fast

member since Oct 2009

I'm saying Easy. After mastering it on the PS2 years ago, the plat was not hard at all to acheive. The challenges were not a challenge anymore.

Retired

I'd say moderate, It is easier than I thought it would be, I saw video playthroughs that had over 50 parts (didn't watch them) and thought the game was hard and not my type, 10 months later, beat the game twice and finished Challenge of Gods AND got the plat!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Its not that bad, i was discouraged about the playthru under a certain amount of time, but with the costume I was able to fly right thru it.

Sig by Sigs & Beyond : Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Very Easy: this game made my personal record of platting a game in 2 days. Nuff said.
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

Lvl 4 - Silver

HARD, took me a while to climb that spiked column without getting hit, and the challenge of the gods are the toughest of all GOW series especially the last one it was BRUTAL!
    Last edited by NIGHTMARE; 01-23-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast