Jason McDonald Trophy Tips?

This is a discussion on Jason McDonald Trophy Tips? within the God of War forum, part of the G; This is the only trophy standing between me and the God of War platinum. I've read the trophy guide here ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Jason McDonald Trophy Tips?

This is the only trophy standing between me and the God of War platinum. I've read the trophy guide here as well as on one other site and I would like some tips.

PRO Member

Use the costume that gives you infinite magic. Pretty much fly through the game. I did it with PLENTY of time to spare
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 9 - Gold

play it on easy difficulty and know the puzzles FIRST i got this on my 1st run (ps3) as i had played it before and i didnt need any cheats... and had about a half hour spare.

PRO Member

Dairy Bastard costume is your friend. Unlimited magic and big milk bottles to wallop your enemies with.

Also keep in mind the fact that you dont have to kill everything. In certain areas such as the sewers under Athens, you can just dodge through the enemies and keep on moving. Saves loads of time.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Dairy Bastard costume is your friend. Unlimited magic and big milk bottles to wallop your enemies with.

Also keep in mind the fact that you dont have to kill everything. In certain areas such as the sewers under Athens, you can just dodge through the enemies and keep on moving. Saves loads of time.
    This is what I was going to say, it's not that hard to be honest.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Also roll and rush like a madman (, followed by ), it's faster than simply running.

Lvl 7 - Gold

also during the labyrinth in the challenge of hades. u can glitch through the door without killing any enemies. just jump and press square or something cant exactly remember what button it is but its he attack where u can rush in the air.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    also during the labyrinth in the challenge of hades. u can glitch through the door without killing any enemies. just jump and press square or something cant exactly remember what button it is but its he attack where u can rush in the air.
    Thanks! I already knew about this though During my first play through it glitched and the door wouldn't open (despite me checking five times to see if I'd killed all the enemies) so I had to use the glitch to get over the door.

PRO Member

Avoid whatever battles you can my speed run was 2 hours 34 minutes, good luck, it's super easy, don't stress, remember that time still counts while in upgrade menu

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Avoid whatever battles you can my speed run was 2 hours 34 minutes, good luck, it's super easy, don't stress, remember that time still counts while in upgrade menu
    While the upgrade menu counts pausing the game does not, correct? Also, so anyone know if time is counted when you're at a save point, saving a game?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    While the upgrade menu counts pausing the game does not, correct? Also, so anyone know if time is counted when you're at a save point, saving a game?
    No the upgrade menu does not count. when u press select however is the one which pauses the game. also like others said dont worry i finished it in 3h 20min

Lvl 3 - Bronze

At this point I'm at the save point at Pandora's Temple and my time is 1:17:36.
    Am I on the right track and should be able to finish the game in plenty of time?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    At this point I'm at the save point at Pandora's Temple and my time is 1:17:36.
    Am I on the right track and should be able to finish the game in plenty of time?
    Your in good shape with that time. If you keep the same pace you shouldn't have no problem getting the trophy and finish with around 3:45-4 hour mark.

i used this guide to compare my times with if you wanna check it out. GameFAQs: God of War (PS2) God Mode Speed Walkthrough by StiksFA

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

you should be fine you don't have to go out of your way to open every single chest or find every upgrade I did it casually and I had over 1 hour to spare on easy mode no costumes you don't need to fight every single enemy either just ones that are blocking your path with the gates only thing I really did was make sure I had a few eye upgrades and mainly powered up my blades and the artimes blade since that is the blade you will use in the end of the game this was one of the more easiers games to beat and to plat plus its a super fun game

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thank you guys so much for all your help.

Just an update for you guys but I'm at the save point right before the sacrifice (During Poseidon's Challenge) and I'm at 1:56:49 for my time.

I think it's a good time but what has me worried is the Cliffs of Madness and Styx Below.

Plats-O'-War!!

You'll be fine man. Trust me. You made it that far in the game under 2 hours, meaning you'll beat the game with an hour and some change to spare. I did it with no special costume, just rolled, dodged unnecessary fights, and bulldozed through boss battles (played the hell out of it on the PS2, hence why I didn't need a special costume ). My original time was 2:45:15. But, since I was Red Orb grinding in the last battle with Aries, I finished in 3 hours exactly. Keep it up dude!!

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

another hint unless your not fully confindent don't bother with the muse statues or even collecting the gods gifts that is unless you already have it just remember the final boss health bar is also yours so getting all the eyes don't matter and you cant use magic on the final boss so keep that in mind and you will be fine as for time you should be fine