Gran Turismo 5 Platinum Trophy.

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Platinum Trophy. within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; Hey there i wanted to share this video with all you guys, this is when i archieved the Gran Turimo ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Gran Turismo 5 Platinum Trophy.

Hey there i wanted to share this video with all you guys, this is when i archieved the Gran Turimo 5 platinum last week
    sorry for the bad quiality if you can't see it properly

Have to say this is one of my hardest platinums i have archieve, this platinum is hard and time consuming but not imposible
    so i invite you to not quit on it, that's why i share the video to motivate you to get it too.

i know is hard and if i can help you giving you my advises and ideas of how i did it feel free to ask me, some of my friends did help me giving me their advises and really helped me, and see i got it.

Good luck everyone on their Gran Turismo 5 Plat.

The Incredible Marccap

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow... I only have 68% of the trophies. Your goood.

I'll be getting more trophies. Soon.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Congrats!

Almost done with this one. Just need The 1,000 cars Trophy, Air of Experience and A-Spec Lvl. 40.

Can't wait to finish this one, I'll be proud as hell!

And by the way, what the hell, using a GT-ONE on Laguna Seca endurance... where's the challenge when you lead by 14 laps? Seriously?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Congrats man. I've got the f1 and nascar challenges left in b-spec (can't bring myself to do the 24 hour races in a-spec) for gold standard, 150 more races for air experience and then some car buying. Its been probably the best journey to a platinum I've had, but know the last bit of grinding is gonna be dull.

And @Uncle_Carlos, its because people don't wanna put in long hours in a endurance event, especially the 9 to 24 hour events, to only finish second and have to do them again.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll never have this plat. I can't get Gold standard.

Hell, I can't even get the official GT-R record trophy and I've tried about a dozen times before giving up. I'm always about 10-12 seconds behind. Oh well.

I just play the game for fun now. I've maxed out the trophies I can actually achieve in this game. I think I'm at 88% of trophies.

Retired...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    I'll never have this plat. I can't get Gold standard.

Hell, I can't even get the official GT-R record trophy and I've tried about a dozen times before giving up. I'm always about 10-12 seconds behind. Oh well.

I just play the game for fun now. I've maxed out the trophies I can actually achieve in this game. I think I'm at 88% of trophies.
    Well, The most important thing is you NEED to know the track. I didn't try it until after I gold the AMG event and got it on second try. Knowing where to brake and not for turns is important. I can't stress it enough, learn the track and it will be easy. Good luck, you can dooooo iiitttttttttt.

Anyway, I just need 3 more races to beat, the plat will be mine!

Eiger & 2 Vettel (Nurburgring & Suzuka).

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

member since Oct 2009

The best and hardest plat in my collection. Congrats on those who succeeded beating this beast of a game. The most difficult thing was the Vettel Challenge on Suzuka. A couple licenses gave me problems and some special events. I golded everything sans the Vettel Challenge with the DS3 before the update that gave the steering sensitivity.

Dont' give up, the plat will come...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It was more the one hell of a grind that annoyed me ...

Gotham's Reckoning

I hope that one day I will be able to plat this but sadly thanks to Eigel and the Vettel challenges it seems more and more unlikely.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

@Uncle Carlos - Thanks i hope you get your trophy too, and as The-Lapqster said is pretty much right, why would put lot of time in something you know that you might not get it ?? when you can do it right from the first time. also with all the previous grinding i would have hated to play it again. For the record i tought that i would have some similar cars to race with, i would have picked my Skyline for this but it would have been 30 mins wasted

@The-Lapqster - If you wanna do the air experience thing faster, i recomend run the sunday cup over and over with a decent car you don't use, do it when you're not playing and check it every 3-5 min you just set the thing over and over. 24 hours B-Spect do it with the Sebastien Vettel RedBull and leave it every night while you're sleeping and when you're not playing like when watching TV, just remember to save when you turn off the PS3 it will be faster as hell, for buying cars quikly pick Formula Gran Turismo and go to the event Like the Wind, play it 3 times in a row you will get decent $$ in 10 mins, then go to buy 10 Karts and then go and buy 10 cheap used cars and then buy another 10 karts, repeat over and over (30 cars quikly, no worring about $$$, and not so boring) and for the other stuff depend of the event. Good luck on that

@Spiderman Geek - Once you have finished the AMG event you will know the track, that's the point of it knowing the track, once you have made it Nurburgring will be a Piece of cake everytime you play it, believe me is not so hard, is hard only the 1st time

For everyone else congrats for the ones who have it, Just don't give up is more longer that difficult once you know the tracks

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I did finish the AMG events

Nordschleife is my "go-to" track for my stesting and tuning. I've put countless kms down on that track and know every turn. I still can't manage to do the GT-R run within the time. Maybe it's just the stress of trying to beat the clock and that's why I screw it up.. but as mentioned... after doing so well on a lap only to screw up the last turn or something.. I seriously need to step away from the TV cause I get a little worked up.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I did finish the AMG events

Nordschleife is my "go-to" track for my stesting and tuning. I've put countless kms down on that track and know every turn. I still can't manage to do the GT-R run within the time. Maybe it's just the stress of trying to beat the clock and that's why I screw it up.. but as mentioned... after doing so well on a lap only to screw up the last turn or something.. I seriously need to step away from the TV cause I get a little worked up.
    I'd look on the internet for car set-ups, cos I was about 10-15 seconds off the pace on my first attempt, changed my settings and ended up doing it the next attempt by a 2 or 3 seconds without driving that well. Key is just keeping it on the road and being smooth.

The main challenge of this game is the Suzuka Vettel challenge especially with a controller

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Finally got the damn "GT-R Official Record" Trophy!!!

Here's a shot from my "Victory Lap"

click for full size

Up the Irons!

Finally got the damn "GT-R Official Record" Trophy!!!

Here's a shot from my "Victory Lap"

click for full size
    Congratulations, man. I hope you get the platinum.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    Congratulations, man. I hope you get the platinum.
    Even though I only have 2 trophies to go... it ain't gonna happen. I'm just not good enough to handle the X2010 for the Vettel Challenge and I still have way too many golds to achieve in licenses and challenges.

(I never liked driving any of the race cars, I prefer playing with production vehicles... they are more my speed).

Lvl 7 - Gold

Like the Complex String Time Trial Challenge in GT3 A-Spec, I do not think I am going to achieve a Platinum here. Here's to hoping GT6 on the PS5 will be easier!

Especially those license tests. grrrr. In the end it just isn't that much fun to play for hours on small aspect of the game only for it to mean nothing overall.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Personal achievement? Like you, I am also disappointed that the license test really hold no value within the game itself. I still find it fun to try and achieve the highest ranking I can. It shows the level of skill a certain player has. When I look at another player's profile, you can't really cheat those license trophies. Seeing all golds there does give an indication that this player probably didn't "rubber-band" all of his EXP.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

all i have left is gtr official record and 1000 cars so the hard stuff
    Last edited by jerethdagryphon; 01-30-2013 at 11:12 PM.