getting to level 40

This is a discussion on getting to level 40 within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; I have won every available race, except 24hr nurburgring because it isnt unlocked yet, my main driver is a lvl ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

getting to level 40

I have won every available race, except 24hr nurburgring because it isnt unlocked yet, my main driver is a lvl 39, yet my overall bspec level is only 37. what do i have to do to get to 40?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Time to start grinding. Do the online Seasonal B-spec races and The 4HR endurance race. You'll get there soon enough.

Banned

Is this both for A spec and B spec when trying to get level 40?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Your best bet for your b-spec level is to set up endurance events with ur driver in the vettel car (which assume you have if level 37) and just leave it on while you go do something else. Make sure your signed in if you have online because you get something like 150% more xp. For a-spec, I wouldn't worry with grinding, if your signed in and do most of the special challenges you'll be level 40 before you complete everything

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Do the vettel challenges once you hit gold in all 3 of them you earn big points especially if your on 200% bonus

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by REAL GAMERZ View Post
    Do the vettel challenges once you hit gold in all 3 of them you earn big points especially if your on 200% bonus
    Easy peesy! lol.

I'm level 40 both A-Spec and B-Spec and I have yet to complete a single Vettel challenge. 2 laps, within a specified time limit in the Red Bull X2010 without screwing up at all?!!?!? ...forget it. Not gonna happen for me.. my heart can't take it. My eyes can't handle not blinking either.. it's why I can't play FPS games. 1 hour of game time with those, results in my eyes being completely bloodshot.

I tried 6 times and couldn't make it past the 2nd corner on Suzuka without failing.. I never went back to the Vettel challenges.

I also have a hell of a time golding any of the license tests. I think I have 4 golds. I've silvered most of the License tests.

The Last of my Kind

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post
    Easy peesy! lol.

I'm level 40 both A-Spec and B-Spec and I have yet to complete a single Vettel challenge. 2 laps, within a specified time limit in the Red Bull X2010 without screwing up at all?!!?!? ...forget it. Not gonna happen for me.. my heart can't take it. My eyes can't handle not blinking either.. it's why I can't play FPS games. 1 hour of game time with those, results in my eyes being completely bloodshot.

I tried 6 times and couldn't make it past the 2nd corner on Suzuka without failing.. I never went back to the Vettel challenges.

I also have a hell of a time golding any of the license tests. I think I have 4 golds. I've silvered most of the License tests.
    You don't have to put your pessimism on us. I take breaks from the game but everytime I come back I achieve something. I've golded all the licenses after hours of trying Still lots to do though.

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's not pessimism.. it's just my own lack of skill, lol. I'm a good GT5 player, I know most of the tracks inside and out. I've put tons of hours into this game (150,000 kms raced).

It's just a fact that only a small percentage of people have the patience to gold the vettel challenges... especially with a DS3.

I know I "could" probably do it if I put my mind to it, and I'm usually a pretty patient guy... but I just get way too frustrated if I fail too many times and it completely sucks the fun out of playing.

But I still love this game, I still play it almost every day and I love doing photosessions and test and tuning.

All that, and I never even play online. Everything I do with this game is single player only unless I happen to have aenough friends online that wanna fool around on a track.. but that rarely happens. All of my friends have all but given up on this game anyway.

Anywho.. good luck and congrats to those with the patience and the skill to plat this game.. I just don't see it in my future. Even though I sometimes get motivated to try the GT-R official record, I typically fail at that too.

It's so frustrating to run 6 minutes into a lap and screw up a corner when you were doing so well. My blood pressure can't handle it, lol.

PRO Member

It's a hell of a ride to get all vettel gold but getting the gold standard is really rewarding to get it. Getting lvl40 in A-Spec and B-Spec is going to take you a lot of time. I did the 24 hours for my B-Spec driver and nurburgring 4-hours for A-Spec. This was the fastest way that i found. Good luck to you guys toward the plat.

Banned

Tell me what is the best seasonal event for A spec and what is the best event for B spec.If I do B spec will it help me get some for a spec.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

ok i just found a sweet ass Bspec seasonal event. just got posted 4/22 and its the 650pp one on cote dazure . if you win its 880,000 credits and 250,000 xp. every time.. i did this like 20 times ( i only won about 1/3 of them) and bam lvl 40.

and its only 10 laps and takes 15min.