View Poll Results: Thoughts on the DLC packs

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should release more/more often.

4 100.00%
  • No, I think what has been out is adequate.

0 0%

Has anyone else been disappointed with the DLCs?

This is a discussion on Has anyone else been disappointed with the DLCs? within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; I have to admit, I don't play GT5 as much as I used to, but I did download all the ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Has anyone else been disappointed with the DLCs?

I have to admit, I don't play GT5 as much as I used to, but I did download all the car packs for it as they came out. But the cars included have seemed... underwhelming. Not that they weren't good, just not enough. It seems like Forza has been a little more diligent releasing car packs and honestly, I kind of expected more. Thoughts?

PRO Member

I have really mixed feelings on DLC. Cars, maps, guns, etc. Things like this I have no problem with, since they are just simple luxaries to inrich your experience. I also like single player dlc in the form of extra missions or an alternative campaign.

For example, RDR did this perfectly. Undead Nightmare has an entirely new experience with a satisfying campaign. The kind of dlc that drives me crazy is when the dev purposely does not put the ending into the game, but instead releases it as dlc. This is bullshit. If I payed $60 for a game, I expect to know what the "real" ending is, not pay $10 more to find out.

DLC isn't a bad thing though. In fact, in most cases it is a great thing when used properly.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm not at all disappointed about the full package of paid DLC and free patches and updates. I'm impressed new Seasonal Events are still rolling out and there have been a few big updates since GT5's release.

Taking the DLC packs on their own then I can understand your point: the amount of content (cars specifically) has been a bit underwhelming. And I probably would be okay with more car- and/or map packs, even if those need to be paid for.
    (I'd even like some new content on GT5 TV, after watching most of "Best Motoring".)

One nitpick I have with the Seasonal Events is that the 650 PP A Spec races could as well be 1 on 1 duels instead of 12 cars racing. Most, if not all of them, end with a huge gap between the first and second (and rest of the pack) of the rival cars. A gap of 15+ seconds, making most NPC's nothing more than obstacles. (Seriously, in the first lap you go from 12th to 2nd place, and then you'll catch up with the leader in the fifth and final lap.)

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I have really mixed feelings on DLC. Cars, maps, guns, etc. Things like this I have no problem with, since they are just simple luxaries to inrich your experience. I also like single player dlc in the form of extra missions or an alternative campaign.

For example, RDR did this perfectly. Undead Nightmare has an entirely new experience with a satisfying campaign. The kind of dlc that drives me crazy is when the dev purposely does not put the ending into the game, but instead releases it as dlc. This is bullshit. If I payed $60 for a game, I expect to know what the "real" ending is, not pay $10 more to find out.

DLC isn't a bad thing though. In fact, in most cases it is a great thing when used properly.
    Uhh, this thread is about GT5's DLC........
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 7 - Gold

I bought the XL edition for $10, so what did I miss exactly and what did they charge for it?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    I bought the XL edition for $10, so what did I miss exactly and what did they charge for it?
    Well if you bought the XL edition, you didn't miss anything since it comes with all the DLC on the disc.

Otherwise, I don't really understand your question.