new update 2.09 patch notes

This is a discussion on new update 2.09 patch notes within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; “None”, “Normal”, ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

new update 2.09 patch notes

• The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; “None”, “Normal”, “Fast”, and “Very Fast”.
    • The view during 3D display has been improved.
    • The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.
    • Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating
    • The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
    • Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
    • Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G ’02, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
    • Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.
    source

new fixes

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

That cheating prius! LOL jk Thanks for the update though i didnt even know there had been a recent one i literally never even knew of any of those things previously

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Speaking about cheating... One other thing this 2.09 brought, was a glitch for people who were already in an Endurance race. I had started the 24 hours Nurburgring race before 2.09 was released, and my PS3 (thanks to PSN +) updated the game to 2.09 Now, after every pit stop my fuel is burned right after I get out of the pit lane, condemning me to completing the race at 80 km/h.

I was less than two hours in when this happened, so I could easily have restarted the race. But I actually don't mind: All AI cars have the same problem, so it's an almost level playing field. I have one big advantage in that all AI cars will pit stop to refuel after every lap, which costs them quite some time. And of course it's a timed event, so it doesn't matter if I finish with 200 laps or if I have 20, as long as I have the most.

I'd started and quit this race a couple of times already. From all tracks, I liked the Nurburgring the most, but this race requires a car that's too fast for my reflexes. So driving in this race is very tiring for me. Thanks to this glitch, I am almost guaranteed a win, while "racing" at a leisurely pace that allows me to catch up on a lot of tv and podcasts while playing. Feels like cheating!

Retired...

I feel… 3.0 is going to be something big.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18