B-Spec Endurance Racing, Handful of Qs

This is a discussion on B-Spec Endurance Racing, Handful of Qs within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; How long can I safely run my slim PS3 when doing these? I really don't want to do more than ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

B-Spec Endurance Racing, Handful of Qs

How long can I safely run my slim PS3 when doing these?
    I really don't want to do more than 5 hours at once, but I feel that even that length is pushing it. I have an arftermarket fan that gets power from the system on the PS3. God forbid they let us speed it up like they did in GT4.

Will the 200% bonus be there if I don't login before resuming the race?
    Sometimes I would rather not sign in for reasons. Reasons. I want to get all the experience I can out of the races, so I am worried about this, since the GT Home popup does not appear when resuming.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

illegal in 9 countries

Don't worry about the "safely run my slim" part. Slims don't suffer from the overheating issues of the Fatties and you're highly unlikely to experience any problems by leaving your PS3 running overnight. I left my Fat on for days at a time to run B-Spec and had zero problems.

That said, an aftermarket fan is more likely to overheat your PS3 than not using one at all. It can disrupt and sometimes reverse the intended airflow within a PS3, leading to overheating. Don't use it.

Angel of Death

This makes me have a question. What are these Endurance tests? I'm trying for the Plat (emphasis on trying), and I've heard of the Endurance tests, but I don't entirely understand what they are.

Jamm the Man...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    This makes me have a question. What are these Endurance tests? I'm trying for the Plat (emphasis on trying), and I've heard of the Endurance tests, but I don't entirely understand what they are.
    Endurance tests are races of skill and using the pits effectively, I believe they unlock once you reach A or B spec level 25. Races can last up to 24 hours (2 races) and the shortest race is around 1.5 hours - 2 hours depending on what car you use. Tire wear and gasoline use is a big factor in this kind of racing, so going in the pits for a change and top up are necessary for these races.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I doubt it will overheat ive left mine on for the 12? hour races overnight before mines a 250gb slim, not the newer versions which I think are even better for heating issues.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Okay okay. I did two 6-hour long sessions, no issues. So, that looks good to do and will still get it done quick enough to stop me from throwing feces at the Yamuachi.

I so do miss the time multiplier on GT4.

Still wondering if I'll get the 200% PSN login bonus for this. Any ideas?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Still wondering if I'll get the 200% PSN login bonus for this. Any ideas?
    It's been awhile since I played GT5, but if there are XP bonuses for specific events, it should apply when you start the race, not when you finish it. I'm assuming in this case you need to run the races while connected to the PSN to collect the bonus.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong...which is entirely likely.