XP Grinding to Level 40 (A-Spec)

This is a discussion on XP Grinding to Level 40 (A-Spec) within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; I finished all A-Spec races except for two and the endurance ones with gold. Few days ago I tried out ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

XP Grinding to Level 40 (A-Spec)

I finished all A-Spec races except for two and the endurance ones with gold. Few days ago I tried out the seasonal events and found one which seems to be very profitable xp- and money-wise.

On Online A-Spec No. 4, third event (650PP) you have to go one lap Nürburgring. For most constellations (I had troubles when the McLaren F1 GTR was in the driver list) this is quite easy to win. I took a fully tuned McLaren F1 '94 (about 633PP) with soft racing tyres and usually win in under 6:45, my best time so far being 6:31. The McLaren is a great car to drive. I have TCS on 1, ABS on 1, ASM on and active steering on mild and the car accelerates better than all opponents (except for that evil McLaren F1 GTR, in that case I just back out of the race and try again) and it's really difficult to get the car spinning out, even on the grass fields. The price for 1st place with full online login bonus is 200,000 XP and 1,000,000 credits.

That is 1,600,000-1,800,000 XP per hour and between 8 and 9 million credits per hour. On my way from level 36 to 40 I think I need about 24 million XP which is roughly 15 hours of driving that race over and over again, but at least the track is fun and long and it's also probably some good preparation for the GT-R Official Record which I'm also still missing.

Is there any better / faster way to grind experience?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Doesn't the xp amount go down once you've completed it once? And seasonal events are the best way I found!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't think the XP amounts go down at all.

You might want to see if you can get a handicap bonus if you can win so easily on it. 15 hours though,, ehhh, I would rather do the math on the 4hr and 24hr Nur and Le Mans races to see if they would be quicker.

Does anyone have the full list of XP earned per race? - Like this one here GT5 EXP per Event/Race List *Incomplete* - GTPlanet Forums

Are these still current? Or did a patch change them? According to this chart it would be about 15mil for the 24hr Nur race. Your way of doing it would be a hell of a lot quicker as that would mean it is less than 1mil per hour.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 5 - Silver

The XP amount stays the same when you repeat the race. For the numbered "Online A-Spec" Events you don't get a handicap bonus but you're allowed to use any type of tyres while for all the races with handicap bonus it seems they're limited to comfort or sports, plus they're a big deal more difficult (imo).

I'm not sure about the endurance boni. I did the 4 hours Nürburgring few times on B-Spec but I'm pretty sure I got about 1.3 million XP instead of the listed 290k, that's about four times that much. You need to be level 40 for the second endurance race so I have no idea why you get XP then anyway, for the first 4.5 million XP aren't worth it. With full login bonus that would be 9 million XP for 24 hours, while now I get 1.6 million per hour. Yeah I could probably just drive about 16 hours and then hop into the goal before the time runs out when I take a very fast car but still in 16 hours I'd get 16x1.6 million which is still far more than 9 million and I don't really feel like driving so long, I actually find it quite boring to drive the same track again and again after more than one hour so the other way while getting more XP I can also restrict myself to one hour or less a day so it won't be too dull.

Lvl 7 - Gold

true dat.

It might also help in practicing for the GT-R Official Record. That course is way too long to learn it in a few passes.

I tried it with a similar spec-ed F1, and either I had TC completely off or I was just really off my game because I was about 14 seconds off from 1st. Came in 3rd after a few accidents and plowing my way through the grass. Two Ford GT LM cars up front. I am really good at driving on the grass in those final stretches, ahhaah.

I got about 80,000 for third at 150% bonus. So it looks like this could be a very decent strategy. However I have a lot of the Endurance races to do in A-spec and might hit 40 before needing to go and grind. If I have to, I'll take my Xanavi GT-R SuperGT car. Or the old school Castrol Tom's Supra from GT1.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Retired...

I choose Nurburgring GP/F 4 hour race to be the best to get 4.1 million XP if you're 200%.

You only have to finish 27-28 laps by the end of the race, so you can park up after 2½ hours and it will get you 4.1 million XP with the 200% bonus.

They lowered the prize money/XP in a recent update for all races except the endurance I think, so the seasonal events are not as good grind options anymore.

So if you don't want to do 4 hour race in one go, take advantage of the suspend option when you pit.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

^ That is a big deal, since you can't run the X2010 in most of the Seasonal Events. And only 27 laps is a cakewalk for the anyone in that car.

Another good chance to practice Vettel. Hmmmm. lol.

I guess it matters on two things.

Do you want it as soon as possible? - Seasonal Nur North Loop Race
    Do you want it as easy as possible? - Nur GP/F 4hr
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 5 - Silver

One tip for the seasonal event: The driver list with the Corvette in front and the Citroen GTR race car on third start place is (imo) by far the easiest list of opponents to drive against. You'll have a sure win if you manage to drive the track in 6:45 and you can usually overtake the first before minute 3 on that setup.
    Simply back out of the race until you get this setup (which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of time) and then you can drive that track as many times as you want, as long as you don't leave the screen after the race but simply restart the setup will stay the same.

Actually provided you do the four hours race in 2 1/2 hour (and don't mind that your PS3 is occupied for 90 minutes afterwards ) the reward for this and Nürburgring 4h is really quite similar, I might do the endurance race once or twice next weekend.

By the way as a comparison, after I've done this race about... 20? times I tried for GT-R Offical Record yesterday. My first attempt few weeks ago yielded a poor time of 7:48 and yesterday on my first try I got 7:37 and 7:31. Still not good enough but the training definitely helped.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I' now level 38 (1.1 million points towards 39) using only this method and out of boredom tried another car. The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP slays! I get 15 seconds better time in average, best this evening being 6:21 and that car can really take it up with all driver list setups for this event (admittedly it's getting pretty close if the Zonda is on the front but it's doable).

I should have about 60-65 more times to go (and 160 more cars to purchase inbetween).