GT-R Official Record Rant.

This is a discussion on GT-R Official Record Rant. within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; This is a rant. Everyone knows the GT-R they had were on fancy high performance tires. Fuck this shit. It ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

GT-R Official Record Rant.

This is a rant.

Everyone knows the GT-R they had were on fancy high performance tires. Fuck this shit. It has no acceleration on the final stetches. I was 4 seconds slower by my first major checkpoint over my Racing Hard practice and I crashed a bunch on that.

When they say Sport, I expect a tier 1 Pirelli or Michelin, not some fuckin kumhos.A race tire could be a full slick, as it would make way more sense.

rantrantrant
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

Vacation - 26th September

I am wondering why ppl feels GT-R is hard than AMG events... you need to know the track. I didn't try it until after I got gold on all the awesome AMG event and then finally got GT-R on second try. Knowing where to brake and when not to for turns is important. I can't stress it enough, learn the track and it will be easy as well.

1st attempt: 7:36.5xx
    2nd attempt: 7:31.9xx
    3rd attempt: 7:29.048 (Exact time I believe)

Final time: 7:26

I used the DS3. The driving settings that worked best for me was this:
    • Traction Control: 1
    • Skid Recovery Force: On
    • Active Stability Management (ASM): Off
    • ABS: 1
    Good luck, you can do it. Key is the patience!

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have patience. I have lots of that. What I don't have, is lots of time to practice.

I want to get everything but Gold Standard. I'm just not that in love with this game, or good enough to do it. I have a question, do we have to use the Arcade's 2007 GT-R? Or can we use any GT-R R35? What about tuning and such? I haven't checked but I wonder if a newer GT-R is available that might be faster? They added a ton of BRZ/FRS with each one being slightly better sooo.

On the brightside, I somehow pulled off getting the Monza part of the Vettel X2010 done. Bronze, but I'll take it anyway. I spent an hour one time on Nur and was always 5 seconds too slow. That course has a sweeping left uphill turn that I am too scared to power through.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

No, GT-R's challenge has to be done in the Nissan GT-R '07 with Sports Hard tires.

For Vettel's challenges, if you don't achieve the silver in Nurburgring and you keep trying but you keep failing then it's better to just leave this for the meanwhile then continue onto the Suzuka race. That's what I did. That way I saved time as well and then when I got the Silver in Suzuka race, I went back to the Nurburgring because I finally had the determination to win it for sure this time. Some people play it differently, it's all up to you... Hope that works for you. That's my strategy!

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

I appreciate the support you have given, Smashguy. A whole lot. You give great advice, and repeat it often. You are one of the better members I have interacted with in my time here. And I am glad for that.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

member since Oct 2009

Listen to Smashguy"s advice. He's telling you the same thing I told him when he was having trouble with that trophy. You must know the track inside out or you will not get the time. The best training is to do the AMG events, especially the "in the wet" ones. Don't give up, you can do it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

As mentioned in the respective thread I created I used the seasonal "Online A-Spec No 4. 650PP Event" for training. After five full laps, about six attempts I had to cancel half way because I got red time and after about a dozen attempts I cancelled before one minute passed I managed to get the trophy this evening with a time of 7:27 and some more mili seconds.

It really was not that difficult and it helps a lot to learn the track better while grinding for A-Spec lvl 40. I think it's a better training to do the Online A-Spec event than the endurance events on this track because using the X2010 will make you lazy because hitting the walls won't have that much of an impact, you're superior to the other drivers anyway and the driving behaviour is totally different to "normal" cars. Using the McLaren F1 '94 and doing the seasonal event was a good preparation for the time race.
    For me it helped a lot to drift through the first set of curves and also a few later ones that you pass with high speed. For the rest keep track of the curves where you think you slowed too much down and try to take them faster the next run. The driving line is a good guide and at most curves you can hit the brakes when you're half way through the red line. Also remember the time you had at some check points and see if you keep your time or even get better on the next run. One important checkpoint for me was at 3:28 and the last one before the long straight at 6:42. See if you get close to this and you'll have a good estimation if you're in time or not.

By the way I'm in the same situation as you, I don't have the skills (or well the motivation to play this game long enough) to get platinum so I try to get all trophies but Gold Standard and the only ones I'm missing now are a-spec lvl 40 and 1000 cars in the garage, both simple grindings.

Lvl 7 - Gold

7:31.xxx

TCS off on that one. The car seems to have the most trouble staying on track just before the first hairpin, and at the two 90* left handed turns. The track is just not wide enough for a sports car.

There is .250 - .500 I can get just at the start, but I am at a loss for where I am missing more time. I don't want to watch a full lap video, show me the highlights of where I can gain the most by not braking.

I will not practice with a different car. That is counter intuitive as the GT-R is a piece of overbloated poop and has its own physics, sort of like a Porsche.

Once again, this thing doesn't accelerate for poop.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Here are my checkpoint times. And the replay data for BCUS98114 versions. http://www.mediafire.com/?2ggorruv4f4fwzr What the hell am I doing wrong. Am I slowing down too much at Flugplatz? Not pushing hard enough at the Karussel?

0:46.631
    1:23.172
    1:52.954
    2:46.347
    3:28.061
    3:56.766
    4:49.804
    5:26.550
    5:58.070
    6:43.122 - start of the final stretch
    7:06.478
    7:31.045 - final lap time
    Last edited by zz383; 10-02-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Gotham's Reckoning

You need to keep practicing. I never made much of an attempt on it until I golded all the AMG and even then it took a few tries before I eventually got it. Try putting controller sensitivty up to full if you haven't already.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

One thing that I did was race the track in the GT-R with racing tires first, to create a ghost. I used those tires to set the record time, and then raced against it on the trophy tires. It helped, as it gave me a feeling of racing against an actual opponent, so I could try a bit harder, attempting to pass them.

It's been ages since I actually got it, but I believe my settings - both times, were

TCS 1
    ABS 1
    SRF On [The car has a tendency to slide pretty bad, especially on this track - it's a slippery surface, even without rain.]
    Steering Sensitivity 7 [Maxed]

It didn't take me long - I already knew the track from my days of playing GT4, and Need for Speed SHIFT before this. 2-300 laps around it from both games, combined, so I knew what to expect.

Nurburgring is all about overcoming fear. Given that it's a game, it's a lot easier to do than if you were really competing .

Tip 1: Don't restart just because you screw up. That just leads to you repeating the same part, over and over, while not learning the rest of the track. Finish out your laps instead.

Tip 2: Keep in mind that the faster you get through a section, your approach to the section after will have to change. This is true for every track. You'll be going faster [Or slower] than you were on the last lap. Adjust accordingly.

Tip 3: Probably the hardest thing to do, but also the most important. Don't rely on the driving line. You can keep it on if you use it - it helps you judge where corners are and what-not, but don't rely on it's braking points [Red areas]. You can brake much later than the line suggests in most places. This can save you precious seconds.

Tip 4: If you DON'T use the line - it may help you out a bit. You can use it as a guide to determine where you should be braking - you might be braking too early, or too late in some places. Or you could be braking too much, or too little. The line can help out in judging those factors - but remember to keep Tip 3 in mind as well.

The best tip has already been given, though - practice. That's all it boils down to. You just have to put in some time on the track, do a few laps, get a feel for the car, how it reacts to the corners, and then attack it full force. Nurburgring takes balls - put your fear aside as best you can, and take no prisoners.

You're gonna fuck up. That's a given, but don't let that get you down.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can someone please just post their checkpoint times? That is all I ask.

I cannot go faster with practice, even if I continue after the game's BS of cuttting grass. I have reached my limit of the car because the car has a very low performance plateau. Driving the AMG SLS will do me no good as it is a different car, RWD, more power, completely different Aero as well.

The video in the guide ont his site has a time of 7:28.165. But was taken in Nov of 2010. I am sure with patches it has been made harder not easier to obtain as I was leading in many sectors compared to that time but he somehow pulled out 1.3 seconds in the fifth sector. Plus he hit tons of walls and cut the grass.

Total bullshit.

This is where racing games fail. You do not have a manager or a teammate with you to tell you that you are going to slow or braking too early in different parts of the course. I have to rely on useless advice such as, "drive a different car."
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 7 - Gold

7:28.295

Somehow. I don't know how, but somehow I was losing about 2 seconds after the fifth checkpoint as noted above. Unless I really flubbed it up when I ran my 31, I was just not staying in the gas long enough. I whiped the hell out of the damn thing in the beginning to gain 1 second over my old time by Flugplatz. At one point had 3seconds ove my 31.

There is a section near the end just before the final sand gulley where the track is a left right left. The right hander is a bit open but changes elevation. I lost a bit of time here, always did, but seeing as I was running well ahead of my old time I wanted to play it safe.

Gold Standard is a waste of time, 1000 Cars is a joke trophy. I'm done here with 89% completion percentage.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

member since Oct 2009

Congrats on finally succeeding. Just buy a shit load of go karts for the 1000 cars trophy.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I did the research, and I would rather have my sanity than get that useless trophy. There is no fast way to do it, so I don't care for it.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Congrats on the GT-R Official trophy. You deserve it man! If there is no way to beat Vettel's challenges then why do you need to earn 1000 cars trophy?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Congrats on the GT-R Official trophy. You deserve it man! If there is no way to beat Vettel's challenges then why do you need to earn 1000 cars trophy?
    I don't know about deserve, but I sure as hell earned it. Yes, that is what I told you. No reason to do something that will take 10+ hours for a single personal achievement knowing I spent 10+ hours pressing X on my controller.

Here is to hoping GT6 will not have anything ridiculous like the X2010. Note, I have no interest in GT6, 5 put me off the franchise. It will take a lot to get me interested in it. Bathurst is just one thing that makes go oooo.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

I am afraid to share the news from GTPlanet.net that sketches of the new Red Bull X2014 – successor to the X2010 and X2011 which debuted in GT5 - are also revealed with confirmation that the car will be in Gran Turismo 6.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Guess what? I found a site that's giving PSN codes away for free! Get Your FREE PSN Card Pins For A Limited Time