Gran Turismo Rally, Car choice help

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo Rally, Car choice help within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; The dirt/snow series in Special Events. Not the Grand Tour. I am having a hell of a lot of trouble ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Gran Turismo Rally, Car choice help

The dirt/snow series in Special Events. Not the Grand Tour.

I am having a hell of a lot of trouble finding a competent car with 247hp for the Beginner level. My RS200 is like, 4+ seconds back and it is oddly confusing to lose to a Civic.

So I am asiking, what are some of the best to use for the different levels/events.
    The tarmac races should be easy, but what the heck do I do about the dirt/snow ?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Retired...

I didn't find any 3 of them are difficult except 4 or 5 rounds in advanced mode but I still got highest points.

Beginner of car use: Volvo C30 R-Design '09
    Tuning: whatever you can tune to 245 BHP

Intermediate of car use: Citroen C4 WRC '08
    Tuning: whatever you can up to 345 BHP

Advanced of car use: Citroen C4 WRC '08
    Tuning: No restrictions to the BHP

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racing!

I finally beat them yay whoo. and such.

Here is what happened.

I got a bronze in Beginner Dirt using a Civic. Don't ask. I went forth and opened up a can of whoop using my RS200 in Beginner Snow and Advanced. Then I killlllled it in Rally level Snow over two minutes. Lots of confidence, right?

Then I tried out the WRC cars. Full max to power capabilities for help on the straights and trying to tune the gearing just right to max the top speed. Gravel Master first race, 22 seconds behind. what the feck. This is exactly the same thing I had been experiencing in every other Dirt race in Rally. So I had to make a drastic change.

I damn near turned off TCS. I only left it on because I was worried about spinning the tires too much and lowering it in other attempts seemed to drop the RPM somehow. Turned off ASM as well, so with TCS at 1/2(depending how I felt), I was able to pull out an amazing 24second win over the field.

The answer was found!! Prayers and such answered! The car was able to slide and let me push/pull it like I alwas wanted it to, but could never get it right for some reason. Damn driver assists getting in the way.

Detune the car and do the Advanced Dirt and come out almost TWO MINUTES ahead. PHEW! What a rush! But that's not all!

I decided that it was time to challenge Loeb again. My first few times with him were tough and I got nowhere back when I played the game in 2012. But using the same assist settings, TCS-1 ASM-Off ABS-1, I was able to GOLD all three events.

BOO YAH!

What's left for me? Gold Standard is out of the reach for my driving abilities, so level 40Aspec, level 40Bspec, AiroExp, 1000cars, Endurance Races (Nur), and.... GT-R Official Record.

Not much at all and I am a scant 3.4million XP away on both level 40s. Just in time for GT6.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Forget I Was Ever Here

or i could give you a car to use

It is time for me to go underground

Retired...

Good job, did you beat Vettel's challenges? Those challenges are very brutal!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

I passed them with bronzes. Good enough for me. I really hadn't had as much of an adrenaline rush doing them since I did SuperStreak challenge for DJ Hero 2. Felt like I was having a heart attack. Look up that trophy if you want to see some ridiculously talented gaming and why I highly regard that Plat over many others in my collection.

Driving them felt very much like how I drove on La Sarthe int he X2010. The Porsche Curves in particular. It's not that the car will be able to do full throttle passes through many of the turns, it is that you need to slightly modulate you throttle and TRUST that the car will not understeer nor oversteer on you. Suzuka in particular was a bastard for this at the top of the hill after the esses.

Most of my issues in it were all related to not trusting the car's ability to handle. I have too much experience crashing out badly. That and the extremely lame lag before starting a new lap.

Yoo hoo, what do I need a car for if I passed it?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!