Road to golding Vettel X Challenge

This is a discussion on Road to golding Vettel X Challenge within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; Just wanted to know how everybody else is doing. Nurburgring GP/F course (Bronze 2:18.653), Monza (Silver 2:04.770), and Suzuka (Bronze ...

PRO Member

Road to golding Vettel X Challenge

Just wanted to know how everybody else is doing. Nurburgring GP/F course (Bronze 2:18.653), Monza (Silver 2:04.770), and Suzuka (Bronze 2:14.115).

Monza I am not worried about. Nurburgring I havent done more than 5 times, saving for last. Suzuka I am dropping about 2 seconds a day, but I still cannot get better than 29.0 on the first sector. Second sector I am a 53.8 and the best lap so far is a 1:07.1**.

I am on a DS3 controller so no wheel. No ABS or Traction and sensitivity at a 7 on the controller.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
    CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES OR GTR that is the ?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well i have tried everything mate... im doing nurburgring but am about to give up lol

PRO Member

I have golded Suzuka and Nurburgring, just need Monza. Monza is the easiest as well, it's just that I'm not a massive fan of the track, especially the first chicane. I'm not lucky enough to get around it twice without hitting the stone blocks . I'll get there eventually though.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    I have golded Suzuka and Nurburgring, just need Monza. Monza is the easiest as well, it's just that I'm not a massive fan of the track, especially the first chicane. I'm not lucky enough to get around it twice without hitting the stone blocks . I'll get there eventually though.
    Wow, Kylo, you really having trouble with Monza? Pay attention to the distance markers coming up on the first chicane. I think its around the 50 mark you want to break hard. You should be able to make up time in the second chicane that you lost in the first. You should be on Vettel's ass after the second chicane on the first lap. If you can gold Nurburg and Suzuka, Monza should be cake cause you already know how to push the car to its limits.

I have the and did it with the ds3. I don't remember my times on Monza or Nurburg, gold them awhile ago. Suzuka was a effing nightmare for me. Took me weeks to get 2:09:989. Tips for ya, try adjusting the brake balance, have skid recovery force on and practice. Keep the settings you posted. Through the S turns, try not to brake at all. You want your speed to be 180+ mph through the turns and be doing 200mph coming out of the last turn. The chicane is where you will need to be perfect.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Wow, Kylo, you really having trouble with Monza? Pay attention to the distance markers coming up on the first chicane. I think its around the 50 mark you want to break hard. You should be able to make up time in the second chicane that you lost in the first. You should be on Vettel's ass after the second chicane on the first lap. If you can gold Nurburg and Suzuka, Monza should be cake cause you already know how to push the car to its limits.

I have the and did it with the ds3. I don't remember my times on Monza or Nurburg, gold them awhile ago. Suzuka was a effing nightmare for me. Took me weeks to get 2:09:989. Tips for ya, try adjusting the brake balance, have skid recovery force on and practice. Keep the settings you posted. Through the S turns, try not to brake at all. You want your speed to be 180+ mph through the turns and be doing 200mph coming out of the last turn. The chicane is where you will need to be perfect.
    Yeah, it's just the starting chicane, and also trying to be as fast as possible on the 2 chicanes where you can cut the corner. I turned up my controller sensitivity to max, it was on 3 before it and I was finding the 2 big chicanes to be impossible to get through at top speed. I never tried changing any of the brake settings, I might try that when I start attempting it again.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post

Thanks for the info. Just golded Monza.

Will still try on the other two. I am going to be pissed if I do not get them because I have a gold on everything else.

Wish me luck!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beanheadio View Post
    Well i have tried everything mate... im doing nurburgring but am about to give up lol
    Hang in there. I took a break for a couple of days and came back to it. Good luck to you and let us know if you get it!

PRO Member

The vettel challenge is very easy once you did it already. Getting gold one time out of 3 tries. Good luck guys getting those.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CLK63AMGBLKORGTR View Post
    Hang in there. I took a break for a couple of days and came back to it. Good luck to you and let us know if you get it!
    Apprechate the kind comments and support.... MW3 and Battlefield are out now and i would rather play them lol

Retired...

Quote Originally Posted by CLK63AMGBLKORGTR View Post
    Same here... after MW3 getting platinum, back to GT5 as well!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Im getting MW3 for christmas which gives me just enough time to try and Finish MAG

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm struggling to get gold on Nurburgring, only have DS3 and managed to get 2.08.336. How do you adjust brake balance in these challenges cause I only found setting for TCS, ABS, ASM etc?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a thread about this a couple down atm, If u look at the post gokkussjin wrote it really helps for suzuka. Good luck, its really tough but great feeling when u do it

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Yeah I'm having the same problem too although I'd say Monza is my best as it's the only one that I managed to get a trophy in (bronze) currently. The first two chicanes are the parts that are the sections that are giving me the most trouble as I'm not sure when to brake or how much should I brake so that I don't end up losing speed and time.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

on suzuka i kept getting lost on the chicane if it had walls i could see it but its a pain had to get a friend to help