Seasonal Events Update (Nov.10): Japanese Classics

This is a discussion on Seasonal Events Update (Nov.10): Japanese Classics within the Gran Turismo 5 forum, part of the G; Source: GTplanet “Japanese Classics” GT5 Seasonal Event Now Available A new Seasonal Event has just gone live in Gran Turismo ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Seasonal Events Update (Nov.10): Japanese Classics

Source: GTplanet

“Japanese Classics” GT5 Seasonal Event Now Available

A new Seasonal Event has just gone live in Gran Turismo 5, featuring classic (pre-1979) Japanese cars in the following events. Tuning is allowed up to 450PP with unlimited tire selection.

Tsukuba Circuit (5 laps, 166,100 Cr.)
    Suzuka Circuit East (5 laps, 150,000 Cr.)
    Trial Mountain Circuit (5 laps, 170,500 Cr.)
    Clubman Stage Route 5 (5 laps, 159,400 Cr.)
    Toscana Pavement 110A (5 laps, 185,300 Cr.)

Note the game’s Online Car Dealership has not been updated.
    Pretty fun seasonal. I like the selection of tracks. I've been using the Toyota CELICA 1600GT (TA22) '70 although I have fully upgraded it and find it way overpowered for the event. I'm running racing softs though, so I'll probably swap out the tires to Sports Soft and maybe switch to a smaller turbo to make things more competitive (and to help keep traction reasonable).

Decent purse if you're running with the 200% XP/Money Boost.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fortunately for me, I'd been buying up plenty of Japanese classic cars via the UCD. I used my Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2-Seater '78, which had full lightening and all the naturally-aspirated engine tuning I could buy, plus the intake mods. I managed to get it right under the 450 pp limit and haven't had any trouble winning any of the races. Also using racing softs. I won the Trial Mountain event by more than a minute and even lapped the very last car. Don't care if it's not competitive...I get plenty of that from other Seasonal Events plus A-Spec events at the top levels.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Also, wouldn't expect the Online Dealership to be updated so soon. They just changed it over last week.

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman_Geek View Post

Decent purse if you're running with the 200% XP/Money Boost.
    I'm sorry, I haven't played GT5 in a long while. What exactly is the boost you are talking about?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The event is not too bad, though it's always a shame if you can't use any Premium cars in a race. And maybe it's just the colors of the cars, but I find the available selection a bit bland.
    In any case, seasonal events like this give a good excuse to try cars I otherwise wouldn't have used.

This event does do something I noticed in several other events as well, and that is that (occasionally) a rival car will participate that overpowers all the other rival cars. In the case of this event it is the Dome Zero Concept car. When this car is in the race it will be way in front of the rest of the pack, forcing the player to use a similarly overpowered car. But that reduces all the other racers to whatever the equivalent of cannon fodder would be; they might as well not have been in the race as you pass all of them in first lap, after which you use the remaining laps to slowly catch up with the super fast rival.
    Makes me wonder why the other racers are even in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I'm sorry, I haven't played GT5 in a long while. What exactly is the boost you are talking about?
    That would be the consecutive log in bonus that was one of the things the 2.0 update brought.
    Read all about it The part about the bonus is almost all the way down.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good explainer, Backhanded Compliment. You're right about the Dome Zero Concept car, it took me until the third lap of three of the races to finally catch up to and pass him.