GT6 ~ Update today

This is a discussion on GT6 ~ Update today within the Gran Turismo 6 forum, part of the G; As I logged in there was a nag screen that there was an update available, but downloading it might corrupt ...

PRO Member

GT6 ~ Update today

As I logged in there was a nag screen that there was an update available, but downloading it might corrupt the game files?

What the fork?

Anyhow, after the update now my screen goes nlack midrace...

looks like we are going to need updates for the updates???

WHEW....

Lvl 7 - Gold

Never take a new update/patch on the first day. You own a PS3, you should know this.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

PRO Member

Where did it say the update may corrupt the game files? I had the same update screen pop up for me today saying an update was available so I installed it, it then said the update failed and couldn't connect to server so I never tried again. It never gave me a warning that it could corrupt game files though.

If the worst comes to the worst, simply delete the game data in your game data folder (not your save file) and don't install that update next time. Hopefully that will sort the blank screen. There is also a 'salvage files' option deep within the options of GT6 (just like GT5) but I'm not sure whether that would be of any use to you here.
    Cometh the hour, cometh the Mage!