King of QUB3D Trick

This is a discussion on King of QUB3D Trick within the Grand Theft Auto IV forum, part of the G; EDIT: I posted this a long time ago and wanted to keep it through Zero Hour so here I am ...

PRO Member

King of QUB3D Trick

EDIT: I posted this a long time ago and wanted to keep it through Zero Hour so here I am re-posting it

I just played this for the first time last night and got the trophy in 3 tries.

1st attempt score was around 325... yes, that's right; it's not a typo...
    2nd attempt was the exact same as the high score already on the board... no tophy!
    3rd was successful and I probably could have gone on forever thanks to a little trick I found...

HINT: You can make one of the 2 color blocks disappear if you don't like/want that color.

I found this on accident trying to make last second adjustments. So how do I do this (you ask)?

OK, you can line up the color that you want on the correct column and make sure the other color is on either side of the one you want (they will be coming down side by side). When they "land", quickly press the analog stick in the direction of the block you want to keep; this will cause the block you don't want to land on top and disappear.

******************************************************************************** *
    EDIT:
    ******************************************************************************** *
    Recorded the video; this explains it much better than I can in words...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I got my trophy using this, before the forum got reset but thanks!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Same here. I had played this a couple times and the best score I could get was around 4000 every time. But when i imployed this tactic I got it on the 2nd try!!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I got the trophy on my second attempt without using this, it easy enough to do once you get the hang of it and how the blocks work.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This trophy does not need that kind of tricks, it's actually easy to get, on my first attempt I got over 15.000 points.
    Of course it get's harder when you have more points, but still, an easy and fun trophy

But I guess if you can't do it, you can always use this trick...