Collect 200 flying rats

This is a discussion on Collect 200 flying rats within the Grand Theft Auto IV forum, part of the G; What is the fastest and easyest way to get all 200 packages?...

PRO Member

Collect 200 flying rats

What is the fastest and easyest way to get all 200 packages?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Use an online map and mark them off as you go. Or I find visual aid can be better so using video guides on youtube and pausing the location every time as you go there. That's if you have access to laptop and PS3 at same time. Best to go structurally by starting at the bottom or top of one of the islands and do the whole island then move onto the next one.

PRO Member

I have a laptop and ps3 together is there a video you recommend on youtube I can start watching?

PRO Member

I used the Gamesradar map/pictures.Only had a problem finding a few of them.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

I will have to try that, thanks

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Im old fashioned, when it came time to knock these out, I took the book off the shelf and started checking them off one by one(USJ as well). Started in Bohan and went clock-wise, got about 100 left. Good luck, some(even with a guide) can be annoying...) the francis airport one on the top of the control tower was keen...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

best to find a list online with a map and make a checklist too. thats how i did it. hope this helps

Lvl 5 - Silver

The thread is already older but since there was another comment few days ago here my tips.

1. Always stay cautious and be fully aware of every flying rat you shot or you might end up like me finishing the list but having only 199/200
    2. Best don't shoot any flying rat before you'll start with the guide or you'll have to remember later which ones you already had - some are really hard to see and when you start while you have already found a bunch on your own you should be really sure if you already killed one or just don't see it. If you're in such situation better mark the ones you didn't see so in the end you won't have to go through all 200 again if you're missing some.
    3. In order to avoid getting inattentive you might want to split the hunt in several parts. For instance start right at the beginning of the game doing all on the first island and do a second and third part once you progressed enough in the story. You should take the same list/guide for all runs and better write down explicitly the numbers of the flying rats you already covered.

Believe me nothing is more annoying than finishing ending up with less than 200 flying rats.

PRO Member

Legalize it...

Yeah I used a video and took cabs. Still takes forever though...