View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.96%
  • 2 - Easy

1 1.96%
  • 3 - Moderate

7 13.73%
  • 4 - Hard

24 47.06%
  • 5 - Very Hard

18 35.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Grand Theft Auto IV forum, part of the G; 5 - hard, it wasn't fun to plat but it's a legendary game....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

5 - hard, it wasn't fun to plat but it's a legendary game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

4 hard, if you have the patience it's easily obtainable. Had to take a break while grinding this one out.

♚ Overlord ♔

5- VERY HARD

Why? Your patience will be tested and you would have either rage quit or crack do to the mind numbing grinding you must do to get this platinum. Single Player is a breeze most trophies on there I enjoyed doing apart from collectibles "Cars,Finding Friends,The 200 pigeons,etc" I would like to note that you NEED to make a checklist for the pigeons getting 199/200 will leave you with this
    . Online Trophies is what makes this such a pain in the ass, I mean you can boost for all of them but a few I would like to say are "AWP ,Wanted, and Flying the Coop. These trophies are by far the toughest trophies in the game. If you do them you'll understand what I mean, overall difficulty lies in your patience and how much you can handle Hangman's Noose. You get 4500xp for playing this on hard but you require 5,000,000xp so your looking at 1000 games of Hangman's Noose .
    Next goes AWP which makes you win every game mode which isn't that bad till you have to win 48 different track races x2 "because of Gta races"
    Flying the coop wasn't as bad as the other two but can lead to you buying a new controller and tv if your not lucky and if you or your friends screw up a part, really annoying I remember I got them by chance. If you want a difficult and very boring platinum gta 4 is for you but I'm warning you leveling in multiplayer is so tough you'll probably get to rank 8 and flip out with you see what it takes to get to 9, and don't even get me started on getting to 10 jeez... Although it truly is a proud plat to have in your collection and I can almost promise you you'll be jumping for joy when its all over. Have Fun.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted Very Hard.

the online is tough as fuck, and not to mention it fucking sucks... Urghh... Hate when they add MP into games that don't need it and make them extremely long grinds.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 1 - Bronze

very hard. legendary game and the platinum suited the GTA entry into next gen consoles.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    overall difficulty lies in your patience and how much you can handle Hangman's Noose. You get 4500xp for playing this on hard but you require 5,000,000xp so your looking at 1000 games of Hangman's Noose .
    fuck Noose, a much quicker way is to do Happiness Island boosting, for that you need Episodes from Liberty City or Complete Edition.

get a boosting partner and start up a match in TBoGT, then exit and load up TLaD (this removes the spawn protection), set location to Happiness Island, Sniper Rifles only, 60 minutes, spawn distance near, 1 second spawn time. then go to the north west pier on the island, stand on the sniper rifle (has to be bolt action or you'll need to retry), then just constantly pop your partner in the face as he spawns across from you (i believe the host has to be the one getting shot), you can even use a rubber band and tape down the L1 button (classic controls) and just leave it for an hour, you can get 130,000 every hour, usually 5 or 6 grand more depending on how quick you get to the spot.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I would vote very hard...

...but I can't since I don't have platinum and the multi player ruins it for me so I never will have it. I don't understand how everyone says single player is easy. Yes the missions are easy but finding the 200 flying rats without cheating (aka using a guide)? You must be very very dedicated to find all flying rats on your own and even then considering that some are really well hidden I doubt that many people would manage to find them all. Using guides to help you out and leaving out multi player I'd still give that game a moderate because I think some beginners would still have big troubles doing everything (for instance that monster stunt through the big container near the airport where you have to jump over the motorway). Including either only collectibles, without a guide, or the online part I'd still vote it very hard (second maybe only because I suck online and in most games I can count the online part to the most boring parts of my gaming history).

I looked up the flying rats with a guide and still due to the incredible amount of - well hidden - collectibles and because I made the mistake to find a shoot about 50 of them on my own before I had only 199 in the end. Well yesterday after a long while I started to play the game again and went through all the pidgeons and found the last one! I'll do the rest of the monster stunts now and then I should have 100% completion.

Responsible Driver

3 - Moderate

It is time consuming, but trophies can be done in private matches for multiplayer. I also completed the main story in just over 9 hours (I've also completed it 6 or 7 times though).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12