View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.96%
  • 2 - Easy

1 1.96%
  • 3 - Moderate

7 13.73%
  • 4 - Hard

24 47.06%
  • 5 - Very Hard

18 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Grand Theft Auto IV forum, part of the G; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

PRO Member

4 - Hard. First of all, this game isn't very hard, just time consuming (Something that people mix up all the time). The MP is where the difficulty lies, getting to rank 10 is very time consuming and the best way to do so is by playing Hangman's Noose on Hard (You would need to play over 1000 games of NOOSE to reach rank 10). Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic is known to be glitched, but I'm sure that's for those who played it before certain patches, the servers may take some time to upload for some modes but that's about it. I've earned AWP twice and didn't have a problem either time. The SP is easy though.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Oh my bad, I voted before I read the thing, I don't have the plat yet anyway I can take back my vote?

Edit: Now I have it, and yeah this was a really tough one.
    Last edited by BigMike656565; 12-28-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike656565 View Post
    Oh my bad, I voted before I read the thing, I don't have the plat yet anyway I can take back my vote?
    Unfortunately, no. But at least you know what to do next time

Team Dingleberry

I voted for moderate. The game itself is easy, and the multiplayer trophies are straightforward. It just takes a lot of time and patience to pull off.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i really don't get how it can voted very hard it just time consuming it not hard to do those objectives to get platinum

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hard, the online part was a pain, really time consuming and frustrating, on the other hand the single player was a cake.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I voted 4. The hard part is the time consumption and mind numbing repetition. AWP, Wanted and Fly the Endangered Species (200 pigeons, which I had to do 2x because there were no trophies when I first 100%ed the game) take the most time. I'd like to give it a 3.5 overall. There are other games that I've not platted yet, MW2, GoW2 and Batman AA which I would consider are harder because I've failed @ the 'challenges' so often. I'm they deserve a higher number than GTA4. Just got Demon Souls and I'm sure that will be a 5 from what I've heard.
    [/URL]

Top 10 's
    Red Dead Redemption Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Dragon Age: Origins Demons Souls
    Grand Theft Auto IV God of War III Assassins Creed II Heavy Rain Tekken 6 Mafia II

Gotham's Reckoning

Hard: Fly the coop was such a pain to get and Wanted and AWP were a huge grind.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Kiwi Defender

Moderate. Took little effor to get AWP with a good boosting partner, Wanted was just time-consuming and the SP offered no real trouble.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Haven't platted it and probably never will. The single player game was easy and fun but I didn't get into the online side of things. One of those games that doesn't need multiplayer.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bengaldom614 View Post
    I voted 4. The hard part is the time consumption and mind numbing repetition. AWP, Wanted and Fly the Endangered Species (200 pigeons, which I had to do 2x because there were no trophies when I first 100%ed the game) take the most time. I'd like to give it a 3.5 overall. There are other games that I've not platted yet, MW2, GoW2 and Batman AA which I would consider are harder because I've failed @ the 'challenges' so often. I'm they deserve a higher number than GTA4. Just got Demon Souls and I'm sure that will be a 5 from what I've heard.
    U srsly think GoW2 is harder duuude, I envy your GTA skills.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hard. That's what my vote is for the difficulty. My biggest difficulty was the Wanted trophy, one of the harder grind trophies i've done, especially since i had to worry about my stats not saving near the end of it, plus getting into a good boosting match was hard, either you'd get kicked before you could say hello or the other people didn't know what to do. Endangered Species was also annoying, but definetly do-able after a few nights. AWP & Fly the co-op were almost as annoying as Wanted, but only because it was repetitive, and the guy I was working with for Fly the co-op wasn't the best. Other than that it wasn't that bad, just time consuming and annoying, but you can't go wrong with stealing cars and random mass murders
    Regardless, this was worth the time and is definetely one of my proudest plats on my shelf of games

*rant over*

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just platted this 4 hours ago this was the second longest grinding i every have but at least my first which is Red Dead Redemption had XP events unlike this one -_-

I voted Very Hard why time consuming for WANTED, Fly The Co-Op, AWP and flying rats (if u have 199 and ur using a map to make each one but you cant find the last one then you found a glitch bird D:< )

Lvl 6 - Silver

i'll go with hard on this one
    the online part is a pain just to get one or two trophies off of if
    single player es wasy easier
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got this trophy! its been a long grind. pigeons, Wanted trophy, doing AWP 3 times before it popped up. but it was worth it. im so happy to have a platinum for one of the best games ever created. thanks to all the ppl that helped me along the way.i vote this one a 4.

www.powerpyx.com

This is one of the favorite platinums I have in my collection and one of the hardest as well.

Possessed

Very easy I turned Niko into a human firework when i killed the last pigeon, it was awesome.
    Thanks to Ramonalicious for the sig.

PRO Member

3-Moderate

Singleplayer is pretty much a breeze to get thru.Even the pigeons with a guide aren't too bad.The game gets a 3 because of the boring and repetitive online trophies which will require you win 108 races and play "Noose" around a 1000 times.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

5-Hard
    Extremely time consuming, not my idea of a fun plat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast