How many Playthroughs did it take you to get the AWP Trophy??

This is a discussion on How many Playthroughs did it take you to get the AWP Trophy?? within the Grand Theft Auto IV forum, part of the G; Hi Guys ive done 2 playthroughs of this stupid trophy and I still DONt have it. How many times did ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How many Playthroughs did it take you to get the AWP Trophy??

Hi Guys ive done 2 playthroughs of this stupid trophy and I still DONt have it. How many times did it take you?

Team Dingleberry

I got it my first time through. I kept a spreadsheet and marked down each event as I finished it. Whenever it was quittin' time, I would quit out to the single-player and let the game sit for a good 15 minutes before shutting my PS3 down. Next time I'd log in, I would verify my completed races both in the in-game stats screen and on the Social Club website. The trophy popped exactly when I expected it to.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

same
    1 playthrough and I let my ps3 sit for 5-10 min then checked that the match was on my stat, if not I waited maybe another 5 min then check again ... it was there eventually

but while boosting, we did maybe 5 races (x2 ppl = 10 races) then we waited till the each of races we did, were uploaded on our stats before moving on to the next races

Lvl 3 - Bronze

One try, marked them down on a checklist I made and rechecked each one on the stats sheet to make sure they counted afterward.

God it sucked when you win a race and then the other person or people quit during the countdown, those should count.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I had to do them in one sitting

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I started GTA IV back in October of 2009. Probably played my first online game in November. That may be when I won my first race. Over the next few months I'd start getting other online trophies, finishing races and whatnot. After a while I got frustrated with the tedium of NOOSE grinding and I put the game aside. Flash forward 18 months, and I pick up the game again. I go through the servers and start a new checklist based on what the servers say I have.

Including all those previous games, and this week's boosting, I did one very long playthrough. When I won the final race on my list, the trophy popped.

Now I just need to get Wanted, and 100% Platinum will be mine. I can now smell it.

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    I got it my first time through. I kept a spreadsheet and marked down each event as I finished it. Whenever it was quittin' time, I would quit out to the single-player and let the game sit for a good 15 minutes before shutting my PS3 down. Next time I'd log in, I would verify my completed races both in the in-game stats screen and on the Social Club website. The trophy popped exactly when I expected it to.
    Exactly how I did it and had no problems unlocking it. My partner on the other hand wasn't so lucky. He had to do 2 more races that didn't register.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    Wait, am i getting this right when u win a game u quit to the singleplayer and let the ps3 sit for 10-15 min?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by clausriismaa View Post
    Wait, am i getting this right when u win a game u quit to the singleplayer and let the ps3 sit for 10-15 min?
    No you just need to do that when you're done playing, so if you win a dozen races don't just turn off your ps3 right away, they may not register, just quit to single player and give it a little time before you turn off your system.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike656565 View Post
    No you just need to do that when you're done playing, so if you win a dozen races don't just turn off your ps3 right away, they may not register, just quit to single player and give it a little time before you turn off your system.
    Yeah got it already, thanks

Lvl 1 - Bronze

One playthrough. I used a checklist, did the races over the course of 4 or 5 sessions and it popped exactly when I expected it to.

Kiwi Defender

One playthrough. Me and Cthulu had it well planned and he kept record of every match we played.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have another problem, won my last race today and no trophy popped, can anyone help? I have won everything checked my stats, cops'n crooks are won on both sides and stuff so what should I do ?
    Last edited by clausriismaa; 03-11-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

got it on my first try, but popped out unexpected

Awesome signature made by Remus1997

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have another problem, won my last race today and no trophy popped, can anyone help I have won everything checked my stats, cops'n croos are won on both sides and stuff so what should I do ?
    How much of the Co-op's have you played? I could be wrong but I believe you have to lead your team in money on each of the three at least once for those to be marked as a win.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How much of the Co-op's have you played? I could be wrong but I believe you have to lead your team in money on each of the three at least once for those to be marked as a win.
    I just did that, no trophy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just did that, no trophy
    Ok, another one I've heard of is that the first 20 races that you win for the Midnight Club trophy don't count for awp, so do those again. I know for me I got that trophy long before I was seriously trying to get awp so I likely did those again on my journey to get that trophy, so I'm not sure if you have to do them again but if it hasn't popped for you I'd keep doing them.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok, another one I've heard of is that the first 20 races that you win for the Midnight Club trophy don't count for awp, so do those again. I know for me I got that trophy long before I was seriously trying to get awp so I likely did those again on my journey to get that trophy, so I'm not sure if you have to do them again but if it hasn't popped for you I'd keep doing them.
    Thanks, i'll try that out, I know that i have done 15 races in road and other ones in the free race boats and stuff so i'm not really sure which ones I have done for the "Top the midnight club" trophy. Btw i sent R* a request on their page see what they have to tell about that but I'm reallly sure they won't answer it.