Thoughts on changing seasons?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on changing seasons? within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; So I think Assassin's Creed 3 is the first game I've seen introduce the transition between seasons and I was ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thoughts on changing seasons?

So I think Assassin's Creed 3 is the first game I've seen introduce the transition between seasons and I was wondering on what people thought this being a feature in GTA V. Games have pretty much nailed the changing weather (sunny to cloudy to rainy) and the day to night and so on, but I think adding in changing seasons as you progress through the days played in GTA would be pretty cool. I can't picture having 300 in-game days played and never once having it become cold or vice versa.

So. Thoughts?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 9 - Gold

It'll add a lot of realism if it manages to be incorporated properly. Like you said, a game does stretch the boundaries of realism when the weather basically stays the same and never becomes windy, or rainy, or snowy, or whatever. I'm looking forward to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    It'll add a lot of realism if it manages to be incorporated properly. Like you said, a game does stretch the boundaries of realism when the weather basically stays the same and never becomes windy, or rainy, or snowy, or whatever. I'm looking forward to it.
    I concur..

PRO Member

I didn't know there was changing seasons in GTAV, that's great since we are gonna spend a loooooooot of time playing this game

Lvl 7 - Gold

i think that this adds that this will add something extra to GTA V and all other games that will incorporate it

PRO Member

Oh man. AC3 has changing seasons? All the more reason I should start the game sooner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Fable one of the first to implement that feature as well?

I think it adds a lot to the realism...as long as it's not like every 15 minutes or something.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Change is mediocre

I didn't even know AC3 had changing seasons. But that would definitely help myself get immersed most likely, seeing the game place in a different sort of setting. I would approve if that becomes the norm for open-world games.

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Oh man. AC3 has changing seasons? All the more reason I should start the game sooner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Fable one of the first to implement that feature as well?

I think it adds a lot to the realism...as long as it's not like every 15 minutes or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I didn't even know AC3 had changing seasons. But that would definitely help myself get immersed most likely, seeing the game place in a different sort of setting. I would approve if that becomes the norm for open-world games.
    It IS based off of what sequence your on but I did enjoy it. It's only winter and then spring/summer/fall are all the same but it leaves room to add in different details of each season one day. I would love to start seeing it in all open-world games like GTA. I was pretty cool trudging through snow even if it does slow you down.

Imagine one day when slipping on ice and getting pushed by heavy wind is a normal thing.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yes, AC3 has changing seasons. But like themute said, it's based on what sequence you're on. HOWEVER, after you beat the game you have the chance to basically unlock cheat codes. One of them being changing the season between summer and winter.

I think if it's implemented right, it would be pretty damn cool. Even more than changing seasons/weather conditions, each change effected the mechanics of the game in different ways. Like icy roads make your car handle worse for example.

Daftprophet, I never played Fable so I wouldn't know.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------