Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

US Senator Wants to Ban GTAV

This is a discussion on US Senator Wants to Ban GTAV within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE......gun control will only keep guns away from law abiding citizens.....the criminals WILL ALWAYS ...

WHO DAT!!!!

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE......gun control will only keep guns away from law abiding citizens.....the criminals WILL ALWAYS have acess to guns.....bear arms and defend urself. now games are to blame too....nice everyone needs a scapegoat. its all excuses, every time a horible event happens u hear about all the people that knew that person was a nutbag but noone ever did anything about it....THATS THE PROBLEM. being proactive beats being reactive in a situation like this. I just wish i was standing at the school door with my 45 and there would have been only one dead that day, and it wouldnt be me..God bless and God speed to all those babies and their families and God bless America

Go Blue Jackets!!

you know what I really wish? That instead of wasting hundreds of Millions of tax payer dollars on the war on drugs. We should use that money on a war against illegal gun trading/selling. Let the junkies kill themselves, the real issue rising in america is illegal gun trading.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE......gun control will only keep guns away from law abiding citizens.....the criminals WILL ALWAYS have acess to guns.....bear arms and defend urself. now games are to blame too....nice everyone needs a scapegoat. its all excuses, every time a horible event happens u hear about all the people that knew that person was a nutbag but noone ever did anything about it....THATS THE PROBLEM. being proactive beats being reactive in a situation like this. I just wish i was standing at the school door with my 45 and there would have been only one dead that day, and it wouldnt be me..God bless and God speed to all those babies and their families and God bless America
    People kill people but I think the gun helps a lot... but you do do have a point. I think guns are a necessary evil.

So yeah, videogames are not a problem

PRO Member

The guy was obviously just putting the game out there to get the heat off guns a little bit in his conversation. I think people are overreacting a little. GTAV will not be banned the first ammendment keeps it safe. but for all the creeps saying its not the video games BAN GUNS!!!. Well thats what the 2nd ammendment is for! GOD bless America!!!

PRO Member

Now you have the NRA blaming videogames and movies. Oh, the irony.

Bringing the PAIN

Doesn't this shit come up EVERY time a GTA game comes out???

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 4 - Silver

You have to ask yourself that Lanza kids mum knew he was warped and wanted to get him treatment away from the family home, but still allowed him to be in a house that had 3 fire arms, surrounded by military posters etc and play somewhat violent games (bear in mind that just because you play these games doesn't make you a nut job), how you can allow someone to be in the same house as 1 firearm let alone 3 and one being an assault rifle, fucking christ!
    Like some people have already said it isn't the games that are the problem, it's about parents having the responsibility in buying these things in the first place (Yes I'm aware Lanza was old enough) but I mean away from this, just yesterday I saw at work a little kid, probably about 4-5 years old running around the store I work with a toy gun going 'bang bang bang dead' and pretending to shoot everyone, OK he might just be a 4-5 year old kid but at the same time not once did his mother attempt to tell this kid that was wrong to do stuff like that, In my town here in the UK there's a very large number of Americans, especially who live locally to my store, I thought it was a tad insensitive too perhaps due to recent events, parents need to assume control of their kids and control what they are exposed to, to teach them right from wrong at an early age instead of just letting them do as they please.
    Banning games only really shy's away from the problem, it doesn't do anything to confront it, it's a knee jerk reaction that just pushes things that are 'wrong' underground, which leads to small groups of people able to have access to these things, In my opinion the more things you try and hide and push under the carpet the increased likeness that the people who are unstable/that you don't want to have whatever it is that's banned etc will get their hands on it, then it is too late!
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Resident PHD

What I love about this is this is exactly what people want to hear. I have had so many customers returning Black Ops because they don't want their kid to grow to be a sociopath. Parents like to hear that their it is violent games/movies/rap/sugar etc. that is causing their kids to be bad.

Now what the politician should be saying is this. We have failed our kids. Parents should spend more time with their children and teach and educate them. Instead of going out partying, stay home with your child and read to him, play with him, interact with him. We should stop spending so much money on an illegal war and instead use that money to better equip our schools. Provide better social out reach programs so you don't have kids running the streets waiting for their parents to come home (some where safe for kids to go after school). etc. etc. etc

No politician will say this though because they will have completely isolated themselves politically. No politician wants to be the one who says "we have fucked up". No they would rather hide behind scapegoats, videogames, communists, terrorists etc. Keep the people scared and stupid and you can get away with anything.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Nothing's gonna change until they put the 'right to life' above the 'right to bare arms'

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Platinum Dohvakiin

Do we as a Country (America) have a gun violence problem, yes. Does it seriously needs to be address, yes again. Will it be resolved, not by a long shot. Only because we as a Country are having an inherently flawed debate about it. The real problem is not the amount of guns we have in this country. But us a as a Country. We've defined ourselves by our conflicts, fights and battles. We believe that compromise is forcing the other side to see things as we do. We are way to self indulgent, self centered and confrontational, to have a serious debate on this subject. As long as we as a Country are still talking like All Guns or My Guns, we will never fix this problem, period.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

The One and Only

I still don't quite understand why some people are so quick to blame video games and not put other factors in consideration.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

worry about gun control not video games and if they did take away videos, the problem will still be there and they would look like asses

PRO Member

Do I sense a new Jack thompson?

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

RPG Master

This explains alot.

Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

PRO Member

"If we're going to start banning violent works of fiction because we're afraid of how they may influence people, we should start with the Bible."

- Bobcat Goldthwait

Part of me wishes I was mentally handicapped, so I could go to this fucktard's office (the US Senator's) and tell him to stop representing the mentally challenged.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I still don't quite understand why some people are so quick to blame video games and not put other factors in consideration.
    Because it's the easy thing for them to do. You could secretly monitor 1,000 people who all play the same video game (any title you can think of) and one of them could go off the rails and murder someone. Us level-headed people know that it's not like the video game was whispering to them, "Go murder someone." We'd take into account, as you said, other factors: their mental health, their upbringing, their social life, etc., etc. Chances are, they watch just as many movies and TV shows as they do games, scour the internet, read books and so forth, all of which can shape how they view the world around them, just like everyone else. They snap, they kill someone, and these uninformed politicians are going to single out a video game or video games in general as "the reason why" and ignore the fact those 999 other people aren't out killing people. It could've been the game that made them finally snap, sure, but it could just have easily been a look someone gave them out in the street--the point is that they're mentally unstable and unbalanced to begin with and it was just a matter of time for something to finally make them snap.

It just takes one person/example for politicians to get the illogical masses to rally behind them purely out of anger, frustration and/or confusion, rather than pure logic. "Video games" are an easy target for them to point fingers at because they can demonize them by acting "above them" despite being wholly uninformed. No one wants to stop and think about reality for a second and consider those "other factors," and it's sad.

John Wilkes Booth didn't need to play Assassin's Creed to prep himself to assassinate Lincoln and I doubt Hitler grew up playing GTA: Vice City. There have always been nutcases and there will always be nutcases. That will never change, but politicians will forever hop onto the bandwagon of blaming something they don't understand to get people to have false hope that we can forever weed out the psychopaths in our society.

That said, I'm not worried that video games will be banned. The rating system is there and what else can we do? Parents will continue to buy their kids M-rated games (and, if not, the kids will just go over to a friend's house who has it) just as much as pre-teens will find ways to sneak into R-rated movies and people will find ways to obtain illegal drugs. What I am worried about is that the people who could make real change happen are focusing their time and efforts on things that won't make a difference (i.e. calling out Rockstar games... yet again.)
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Rangers F.C

Hmm that would stop gun crime over night , l wonder if the senator is part of the gun lobby ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just because a psycho played a certain game before going on a murderous rampage doesn't mean video games are to blame. If that's the case, my pencil made me fail my test and spoons made America fat.
    If some jackass tries to blame a video game on why he went out and shot a bunch of people, it's only because they're the one too retarded to figure out the difference between fiction and real life.

And to all the people talking about the problem being gun control, you're wrong. We have gun control. The problem is it's not being enforced like it should.

That is all.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arrghhargahragharahg

Don't ban games!! Or Guns!!
    Parents should be aware of what their children are playing. They are also responsible for their discipline. We as a country should focus more on the upbringing and parenting, instead of banning everything that seems to "cause" those incidents. Yeah, lets ban knives as they kill people too!

Why stop there? might as well ban violent movies, violent songs, ban hammers, rocks, oh and water since it drowns people!!

I do support the 18 and over to purchase an M rated game. If a minor wants it, its up to the Parents.

As for me, I'm an adult who plans to buy this game, and DOESN'T plan so go shoot anyone.....
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

дурак

This is not the first, and it will not be the last time that a politician, journalist or self righteous individual, uses video games as a scapegoat to the real problem. And I have a feeling they do this for several reasons.

1) They are too narrow minded and lazy to think about the real cause of mass killings and all around fucked up behavior.

2) In conjunction with Reason 1, since many people are narrow minded and lazy (from what I've seen and heard), they all seem to swarm around one cause without a second glance. At which point the media and/or politicians can make it out to be a hot button issue and in turn use it for their own gain (whether it be for website hits or attention to a particular politician)

3) People seem to be heavily swayed by what the media says, even if it's a pile of steaming pig shit. At which point I would like to say that these people are just misinformed, however all they would have to do is REALLY think about it, and they might come to a sensible conclusion.

(4 And finally, what I think the reason is, is because people do not want to take personal responsibility for their own actions and mistakes. "No, I'm a good parent, it's these video games that are tainting my child's mind". Now these types of people (again, just from what I have seen and experienced) are the majority. And these types of people can blow it out their ass.

I'm so tired of people not taking responsibility for their own shit, and just taking the easy way out. It's not Video Games, Movies, Music, Literature, or Guns that are causing all these problems. It's the goddamn people. Learn to be a fucking parent, and teach these kids what is good and what is bad. Teach them how to be a human being. If you don't want to do this, don't have kids. You're just overpopulating this planet with more useless wastes of flesh and bone.

I think I need a cigarette after all that.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast