Amazon says: March 26

This is a discussion on Amazon says: March 26 within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Just got an email from Amazon telling me of a release date of 26 March. Much better than "Spring 2013" ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Amazon says: March 26

Just got an email from Amazon telling me of a release date of 26 March. Much better than "Spring 2013" I say. It also says 26 March on the item page as well. Amazon.com: Grand Theft Auto V: Playstation 3: Video Games

Buy my book, Alteration

Well that's interesting. My friend is really excited for this, it should hearten him to know how early it may be.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Retired

Oh no, same day as Sly.

The One and Only

20 days after my birthday, so much for it being a birthday present.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legendary...Nuff Said

Dumb dumb dumb. Putting themselves directly into competition with Splinter Cell, BioShock, and Sly Cooper.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Sooner than I expected, let's see if this is really the final date

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Dumb dumb dumb. Putting themselves directly into competition with Splinter Cell, BioShock, and Sly Cooper.
    IMHO, they should release it in June. That's always been a dead month gaming wise. That way, it can generate sales like crazy, and have a chance to out-shine the competition from months earlier. Just my honest thought.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

This. And we wonder why so many game studios are constantly in flux, and why publishers are on eggshells to stay afloat. If the big guns cannibalize their competitors so that they lose in sales, miss quotas, and eventually cause other franchises to fold and jobs to disappear into the abyss, it's little wonder why the industry (in terms of sales and allocation of major resources) is becoming so stagnant. Everybody pretty much loses in this case, unless you're one of those people who believes that buying games after they've taken significant price cuts is the bottom line.

I'd think that at least one or two of those titles would shuffle their release date, because going head-to-head with GTAV is near suicide in your first week sales. Bioshock: Infinite for sure can't afford to miss a single possible sale, but is already getting the major marketing treatment (major internet, movie ads, print campaign and TV spots about to drop in a few weeks) so it might be too late for them. Would really be a downer if the franchise met a premature death thanks to this.

Hope this turns out to be just a rumor, because if not - some more developers will likely be closing their doors thanks to Rockstar's cutthroat timing.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Knowing how R* usually works, this game should be delayed until May. That being said, I think it's not a good release date anyway because of the other games mentioned in the thread plus GOW should be out right around then as well.

NCBE

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Sooner than I expected, let's see if this is really the final date
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Made by DaRe

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Like either of those will give GTA any problems. If this is the correct date for GTAV then the developers of those 3 games should be considering new release dates

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Banned

How many times has Amazon predicted the release date for GTAV? lololol

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Like either of those will give GTA any problems. If this is the correct date for GTAV then the developers of those 3 games should be considering new release dates
    I don't think anybody was insinuating that any of those titles would cause any major harm to GTAV's sales, the problem is that a lot of these games have certain dates preset that they need to go gold, and hit the manufacturer. To move that date up, is oftentimes difficult to impossible, and to push it ahead is also a problem. So what you are left with is little to no chance to move up the date, and additional warehousing costs for delays that cost money as well. Let's also not forget that there are multi-million dollar ad campaigns for a lot of these games that involve ordering ad space, commercials, and spots that are sometimes ordered many months in advance - there come penalties for moving these around.

The issue here is that Rockstar, if choosing that date is actually the truth, is just performing bad etiquette towards the competition. It would be like if you set up your wedding at a fancy hotel and had everything set-up for months and had everything handled, only to have some celebrity come and book on top of your date at the same hotel and to have everything become a fiasco in the process, as your set date now suffers major complications. Rockstar could drop the game with little to no fanfare and it would be a top 3 selling title on reputation alone, add in the promotional budget that is going to rival the biggest triple A titles, you got yourself a title that is going to possibly beat out the best selling title of the year, and that is saying something.

I understand that there is a business side to the industry that is in the forefront, but Rockstar pulling a drop date on three other major releases of the quarter is a dick move, and is them just trying to squeeze in some financial breaks for the fiscal year (which is why you see other people with that date picked out), which the company doesn't really need, since they're going to make enough cash to make a life-sized replica of San Andreas if they want to when the game drops.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

The month where i have to get presents and go on nights out for no less than 22 Birthdays?

Damn You Rockstar!!!!

But, yeah, i'll be skipping some Birthdays if this is the date.

The Incredible Marccap

Add Me on PSN - Marccap