GTA V: Mandatory disc Install fior Ps3/360.

This is a discussion on GTA V: Mandatory disc Install fior Ps3/360. within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Asked & Answered: GTAV | Rockstar Games Grand theft auto will require installation to your hard drive on both the ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

GTA V: Mandatory disc Install fior Ps3/360.

Asked & Answered: GTAV | Rockstar Games

Grand theft auto will require installation to your hard drive on both the PS3 Single disc and also the 360 2 Discs, no surprises there.
    Much like Max Payne 3 which had a 10-12GB odd HDD install Rockstars next big title will require an install on your consoles HDD.
    GTA V will take up 8GB of your HDD space.

“Rockstar, how many discs will the Xbox and PS3 versions of the game have? I am asking because I am just conscious of how many discs I will have to install onto my Xbox 360 HDD.” – cj67890

“Hi R*, as you said GTAV will be the biggest game that Rockstar ever created, normally it should be the biggest in size too. So how you are going to solve Xbox 360 disc limit issues? I mean will GTAV have many discs (on Xbox 360 platform)…?” – youtubos

“If we install GTAV on Xbox 360 do we have to insert other discs or not?” – Persian-boy1995

Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious game we have yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles. In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 systems. For Xbox 360, Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs.

This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. For PlayStation®3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete.
    Also another bit of interesting news about the three characters in GTA:V and their interactions.

"If I play as Trevor, can I zoom out, find out where Michael is, and then go and kill him while playing as Trevor? #GTAV" @GTALAD4EVA

In the open world, the characters are meant to be living their own ongoing and unpredictable personal lives, so understandably it’s not always easy to track one of them down in the vast city of Los Santos or the many towns spread about Blaine County at any given moment, but you will be able to find them. Having found them, (or simply after calling them up and arranging to meet them), you’ll certainly be able to hang out with them, annoy them should you choose, and maybe even assault them, but you won’t be able to kill them. They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance. The game is based on playing all sides of these three characters’ interwoven stories rather than having generic, interchangeable leads, so permanently killing a major character in that way wouldn’t make sense. If a player is determined enough though, they may well find a way to badly injure one of the characters and switching to that character would just put you in the hospital to continue where you left off
    I smell three player free roam.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Just 76 days left...

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

I really should get a 500GB PS3.

-i- love myself.

I have enough space.. can't wait for this game!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Qurbalicious View Post
    I have enough space.. can't wait for this game!
    One of my friends is gonna be pissed, he has a 60GB Ps3 still and has PS+ already so not much HDD space and hes a huge GTA fan also lol.

O_o

Every game installs on PS3, that's not really news.

But only 8GB for such a big game is quite uprising.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Every game installs on PS3, that's not really news.

But only 8GB for such a big game is quite uprising.
    The only two that I've ever had to install to my ps3 HDD have been Gran Turisimo 5 and Max Payne 3 :stare:

PRO Member

Metal Gear Solid 4 install is 6GB so this is the biggest install I've seen

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    The only two that I've ever had to install to my ps3 HDD have been Gran Turisimo 5 and Max Payne 3 :stare:
    they may be the only two you remember having to install,i guarantee you have had to install more though,almost every game has a mandatory install on the ps3.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 4 install is 6GB so this is the biggest install I've seen

don't play devil may cry 4 then

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's gonna take a while to install it

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    One of my friends is gonna be pissed, he has a 60GB Ps3 still and has PS+ already so not much HDD space and hes a huge GTA fan also lol.
    Tell your friend he can upgrade his HDD without buying a new PS3. The HDD I posted below is at a damn good price from ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I really should get a 500GB PS3.
    Instead of doing that, go online and buy a 500GB HDD!! You can easily put it into your PS3 (assuming you backup everything you have in there 1st), but make sure it'll fit into the PS3. Here's a link (you may already know this info, but it never hurts to help a fellow gamer right? ) from ebay for the 500GB HD

New 500GB 5400RPM 8MB 2.5" SATA Notebook Hard Drive PS3 on eBay!

Hoped I helped!!

On topic for me:

I have the space to install it, just need to get the game!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

how long will it take?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbjjrrplay14 View Post
    how long will it take?
    Depends on your download speed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well its off a disk so shouldn't it be the same for all?

Lvl 4 - Silver

wait i don't understand perfectly, let me get this straight: the space needed on your HDD if you have the disc is 8GB (essentially the game data, right?) so what if i get the digital version of the game, will it be the size of the game (maybe 20 GB) plus the 8GB of game data?

Signature Created by Bladia

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbjjrrplay14 View Post
    well its off a disk so shouldn't it be the same for all?
    A digital download is much bigger than a disc download. So, it depends on the game. Here's a example:

UC3's disc version takes 1GB of space (if you add the updates, then it could be 2 or close to 3 GB's). But the digital version of the game is 40GB's!!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah 18.2GB - Game
    8GB - This Pre-Install
    2GB - Saves?
    ???GB - DLC

INTJ

if you get a xbox copy, don't install the play disc.

otherwise this happens.