Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

16 Player GTA V ONLINE wtf???

This is a discussion on 16 Player GTA V ONLINE wtf??? within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Originally Posted by APOLLYON_-_ I think it would be pretty cool if we could have "homies" follow us around and ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLYON_-_ View Post
    I think it would be pretty cool if we could have "homies" follow us around and help out in free roam.
    Thats what your crew is for. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Really it was announced that it will have 64 players on ps3 and xbox
    Dice have only said its 64 for ps4 and xboxone PC and 24 for current gen consoles again.

Game Review Team

more players = more gigabits = less graphics

Change is mediocre

In all seriousness, what difference is 8 people?

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Just been listening to the CVG podcast thing GTA V a clock where they were talking about the idea of screwing each other over and the risks of managing your loot. It made me realise exactly why so few people is perfect ( beyond the most obvious reason which is it's mostly co op vs AI and try getting 20 to 30 people working together outside a clan ).
    Could you imagine trying to get cash around when 20+ feckheads decide to show up and kill you repeatedly before you can deposit your winnings in the bank? Or where they blow up your insured cars over and over, chipping away at your finances further, all because you and a couple of mates felt it was safe enough.
    Basically, chaos would ensue in every attempt at missions if half the 32 player + room just swept in after all your hard work and took your spoils. You'd be right to feel aggrieved.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Really it was announced that it will have 64 players on ps3 and xbox
    It's 64 on the PS4 and 24 on the PS3 and X360, noob.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Just been listening to the CVG podcast thing GTA V a clock where they were talking about the idea of screwing each other over and the risks of managing your loot. It made me realise exactly why so few people is perfect ( beyond the most obvious reason which is it's mostly co op vs AI and try getting 20 to 30 people working together outside a clan ). Could you imagine trying to get cash around when 20+ feckheads decide to show up and kill you repeatedly before you can deposit your winnings in the bank? Or where they blow up your insured cars over and over, chipping away at your finances further, all because you and a couple of mates felt it was safe enough. Basically, chaos would ensue in every attempt at missions if half the 32 player + room just swept in after all your hard work and took your spoils. You'd be right to feel aggrieved.
    They do that all the time on San Andreas Multiplayer (GTA SA-MP) Once you're in bank you can't be killed though(Depending on Server), it's a matter of luck and getting away. I think it would be fun. But we all have different opinions and I respect that. Also on SA-MP it's more like 100+ Trying to kill you for your winnings which poses a challenge and makes it more fun. I like challenges.

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonetix View Post
    They do that all the time on San Andreas Multiplayer (GTA SA-MP) Once you're in bank you can't be killed though(Depending on Server), it's a matter of luck and getting away. I think it would be fun. But we all have different opinions and I respect that. Also on SA-MP it's more like 100+ Trying to kill you for your winnings which poses a challenge and makes it more fun. I like challenges.
    True about SA-MP, i found it a nightmare at times but it was one of my fave MP games. I feel GTA Online is going to be a tad more complex though and as a console online game, it's a different beast to PC online gaming. By and large, PC gamers tend to be a bit more organised in their chaos.
    I agree it would be fun to have some aspects of people after your cash, things like apartment raids and intercepting pickups. If specific missions pit warring teams over a haul of cash/drugs/weapons etc then i'd be more than happy. However,people would end up raging about missions being pointless if every time your crew slogged for an hour on a huge heist you get screwed out of it by legions of gimpy tossers who didn't have to do more than two minutes work. It's console online gaming, it's chock full of gimpy tossers.
    There will be bigger servers in time, and by then, things will be refined and tested, this thing is going to run and run.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

True about SA-MP, i found it a nightmare at times but it was one of my fave MP games. I feel GTA Online is going to be a tad more complex though and as a console online game, it's a different beast to PC online gaming. By and large, PC gamers tend to be a bit more organised in their chaos. I agree it would be fun to have some aspects of people after your cash, things like apartment raids and intercepting pickups. If specific missions pit warring teams over a haul of cash/drugs/weapons etc then i'd be more than happy. However,people would end up raging about missions being pointless if every time your crew slogged for an hour on a huge heist you get screwed out of it by legions of gimpy tossers who didn't have to do more than two minutes work. It's console online gaming, it's chock full of gimpy tossers. There will be bigger servers in time, and by then, things will be refined and tested, this thing is going to run and run.
    Hopefully at least 24, to put teams against each other that is, would be non stop fun! Yeah I'm sure it's onlh 16 to see how things start out and in the future they might raise the cap (hopefully).

Lvl 6 - Silver

all i care about is one player - me - in the single player mode.

The Site Mascot

16 is more than enough. Consider how much content and detail is in GTAV that if it were more that 16 players the game most likely wouldn't be able to handle it.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

online looks great

Lvl 7 - Gold

i wonder why online not available for 2 weeks?

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    i wonder why online not available for 2 weeks?
    Simple, it gives everyone two weeks to get up to speed with the map and the mechanics so you don't go getting slaughtered because you started with singleplayer whilst someone else has been playing multiplayer for weeks.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Simple, it gives everyone two weeks to get up to speed with the map and the mechanics so you don't go getting slaughtered because you started with singleplayer whilst someone else has been playing multiplayer for weeks.
    I wish a lot more games would take this approach.

PRO Member

Just like RDR no problem at all

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Its a ram problem When you only have have 512MB of ram even if it runs at 3Ghz speed. I don't know why Rockstar just didn't wait till the new game systems came out. As it is even in signal player mode the textures are really low resolution, texture pop ins, and NPC AI problems. GTA 5 needs at least 2 gigs of ram preferably GDDR5 ram.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123