Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

GTA 5 Map Leak (looks hella small) *SPOILERS*

This is a discussion on GTA 5 Map Leak (looks hella small) *SPOILERS* within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Wow looks pretty big. This game won't be for ps4 right?...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wow looks pretty big. This game won't be for ps4 right?

Drunken Nights

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    It doesn't matter. Eventually everyone whos playing it alot will know the map with no problem and every side of it like previous GTA's. 4 times bigger than IV, seriously? Who gives a f about the mountains and all. I thought they're speaking about the city itself and Blaine. But it turns out that 75% of the map is just empty nothing. Dissapointed from Rockstar.
    Well thats the same with everything, eventually people will know the map and see it all.

But how do you know that the space inbetween will be empty nothing? It annoys when people assume before they've played it

Lvl 8 - Gold

Here's the true comparison of the map. I can't post it here because you need to see the whole map, and zoom in.

http://i.imgur.com/1uYcYu5.jpg

Taken from Gaf comments. Credit: *Spoiler* Grand Theft Auto V map leaked *Spoiler* - Page 4 - NeoGAF

People doubting the map looks small: Look at the map. 3/4 of it is rural, 1/4 is city. Secondly, compare the Los Santos International Airport, and then scale it to the city.

Thirdly, look at the events and icons on the city and compare it with the rest of the map. I will be purchasing the game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Well thats the same with everything, eventually people will know the map and see it all.

But how do you know that the space inbetween will be empty nothing? It annoys when people assume before they've played it
    Because there is nothing between the roads which are 50 kilometers far. lol. Its obvious and a dumb question to ask. What do you think that'll be there? Parks and Diseny Land? do me a favor... simple logic

By the way, in Blaine there is just one main road. All of the rest is a desert and mountains. Like i said, empty nothing.. They actually did one small city compraing to the size and all of the rest is nothing lol. look at the size of this shit than reliaze they fucked this one up.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Because there is nothing between the roads which are 50 kilometer far. lol. Its obvious and a dumb question to ask. What do you think that'll be there? Parks and Diseny Land? do me a favor... simple logic
    If your definition of nothing, like someone elses here, is that there are no rows of houses, theme parks and a sore lack of dinosaurs shooting lasers from their arse then yes, there's absolutely nothing there. Shame on Rockstar for providing a map that doesn't show these things!

Dumbass.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    If your definition of nothing, like someone elses here, is that there are no rows of houses, theme parks and a sore lack of dinosaurs shooting lasers from their arse then yes, there's absolutely nothing there. Shame on Rockstar for providing a map that doesn't show these things!

Dumbass.
    Because there is nothing you stupid fanboy. You just said it yourself. There is nothing there besides forests and deserts. woow big fucking hoo. What do you want me to say? Good work Rockstar? Comparing the whole map to the city itself its really nothing. Stop deneing the truth and if you have problem with simple facts you can f off.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Because there is nothing you stupid fanboy. You just said it yourself. There is nothing there besides forests and deserts. woow big fucking hoo. What do you want me to say? Good work Rockstar? Comparing the whole map to the city itself its really nothing. Stop deneing the truth and if you have problem with simple facts you can f off.
    Grow up and wait for the game

Lvl 4 - Silver

Grow up and wait for the game
    And then what you will say? Uhm.. nothing.
    Getting my hands on this on the 15

Lvl 9 - Gold

Anyway my opinion of the map is that I actually like the open space as well as the big city because then it makes flying planes better with a bigger area. GTA IV was too small and compact for planes and I will enjoy driving down the country roads in the middle of nowhere and it's quite realistic because in the country there is lots of open space.

The city itself is massive too so I say there is a good balance

Puns always intended.

Anyway my opinion of the map is that I actually like the open space as well as the big city because then it makes flying planes better with a bigger area. GTA IV was too small and compact for planes and I will enjoy driving down the country roads in the middle of nowhere and it's quite realistic because in the country there is lots of open space.

The city itself is massive too so I say there is a good balance
    I loved the countryside in San Andreas more than San Fierro and Las Venturas. My most memorable moments came from there. Always glad to have such diversity.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There's gonna be some awesome ass sniping in the rural areas!

I make lego out of you!

it may look small but trust me it's fucking huge!!!!!
    Making plat cards

Death is Awaiting....

The city itself is bigger than GTA IV combined. And if you compare San Andreas's map to this, GTA V is much, much bigger. Same with RDR. In other words.... this shit is fucking massive. Comparison Map
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just wait for the game and see it by yourself, fuck leaks. I trust Rockstar more than any developer, they never disappointed me.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

:facepalm:

GTAV's map is, supposedly, 49 Square Miles [78.9 Square Kilometers][I doubt that, but I do believe it's at least 30+ sq. mi.]

San Andreas was 13.9 Square Miles. The entire map was 13.9 Square Miles, Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas and all of the countryside combined.

GTA IV I believe was 6 square miles.
    Red Dead Redemption was 12? square miles.

So yeah, if that measurement is correct - GTAV's map is larger than all of the other 3 games combined. Hell, the entire map of San Andreas could probably fit within the city area of Los Santos - if it's really 49 sq. mi [Hell, even if it's only a little over 30 sq. mi.].

Who's to say there's nothing to do in the wilderness? Mt. Chiliad is in there as well - which I can almost guarantee will have some kind of race event - just like it did in SA. You have to keep in mind that the game now features hang gliding and planes (Again) - who's to say there aren't air races over the wilderness areas? Who's to say there are no dirt races?

You can't say "the map isn't big" just because the city area is roughly 1/4th of the entire thing. The city area isn't the entire map. It's not the only area you go to in the game. You also seem to miss all the little towns throughout the map as well.

The only reason this map is "small" is because it's literally 1/3rd of the San Andreas area. However, the map is physically LARGER than the entire San Andreas map.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoHeat31 View Post
    Wow looks pretty big. This game won't be for ps4 right?
    should of been!... but doesn't matter i suppose :]
    Making plat cards

INTJ

Arma 3 Developer Scaled a bunch of game maps together, including GTA V

http://i.imgur.com/SObUgqS.png

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Man, was Just Cause 2's Panau really that big? Must admit, it did take forever to get around even in the air.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Dammnnnnn GTA 5 looks massive. Holy shit... I mean how could I possibly be this wrong? I mean... wow I feel so embarrassed now. /s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast