View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

4 20.00%
  • Moderate

8 40.00%
  • Hard

6 30.00%
  • Very Hard

2 10.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

♚ Overlord ♔

(SP) Moderate: Very time consuming but also very fun! GTA V and GTA Online took about 70 hours to finish each so you should finish around 140+ hours. The SP trophies were pretty easy. Finish the story and it'll net you most of them. After that you'll have a lot of stuff thrown at you to do ranging from ALOT of collectables, Damn Stunt Jumps, and Funny Sidequests. It all goes to 100% completion so at least you know your making progress to a gold. Feel free to throw in mission replays for gold medals anytime as well. It's a lot to do but totally doable.

(ONLINE) Moderate-Very Hard: I'd figure I'd discuss GTA Online differently seeing how most people figure it to be a different game. Comparing it to the infamous GTA 4 online multiplayer its a heck of a lot easier. For a number of reasons actually, starting with the dumb down version of AWP. Its much easier to finish because your not forced to do all the races GTA online as to offer just one is enough Reason 2 being it is fun to rank up, there are all kinds of jobs and missions to level up fast in GTA Online. "No Hangman's NOOSE Here!" Reason 3 no "Fly the Co-op" time trophies, meaning you can also get most of GTA Online's trophies solo if you wish to do so. (Being in a crew is recommended). As of right now I vote GTA Online: Moderate. " This only goes for the first two weeks since GTA Online came out " In the near future I predict that GTA Online will be much much harder to rank up in. In my time we had many exploits to rank up because some missions were really unbalanced as well as an easy to rank up race you can do over and over. Seeing what R* did to RDR and MP3 in future patches will make GTA Online a huge grind. The longer you wait the more tougher the online is going to get. Sadly in the future I could change my vote to VERY HARD

Last edited by Ace-murderer234; 10-21-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Legalize it...

Going with Moderate. It wasnt too hard but some of the Knife Flights, Stunt Jumps and Gold Medals took me a while to get. It took 70 hours for SP and 62 hours for MP. I got to level 28 legit and then a friend helped me boost the rest...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As far as skilled goes "EASY" but time consuming. There was way too many collectables and online was not really that fun considering that higher ranked people have better cars and better guns. It's a little stupid if you ask me.
    As soon as the online was launched I had planned to plat the game then sell it. I'll never play it again or buy any DLCs for it. YES, I will purchase a future GTA6 though.
    This was not really the quality of the "game of the year" but it did start to be made like 4yrs ago so that would explain that.
    $120 bucks to the first to plat for Gta5!!!
    Enter Here

Burned out...

Easy - All missions are replayable at any time. 100% Completion is simple (as most GTA games are, particularly with the aiming system) and you don't even need to complete everything in the game for it. 70 Gold Medals are also fairly simple as there's just enough quick missions to avoid excess grinding. Every online trophy is boostable with a friend especially Decorated if you don't need skill for any of it but I could legit them all solo except few races I need a boost.

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Voted hard because there were a lot of collectibles on the Sp (Although the only hard thing was a couple of the stunt jumps) and because of the grinding for level 100 online (Got to level 48 legit then started to race criminal records coop a lot) Boosted some of the platinum awards but not all 30 considering they were not so hard. Had fun getting this platinum except for the grinding that got boring fast. BTW I still have not gotten the bigfoot mission you are supposed to get when you complete the SP a 100% :/
    My Platinums: WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, CoD Classic, World at War, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, BO2, Ghost, Ratchet & Clank a crack in time, Gow 1, 2, 3, GoW Ascension, GoW Ghost of Sparta, WWE12, Terminator Salvation, Medal of Honor, Uncharted 3, Jak and daxter, Jak 2, 3, Battlefield 3, The Walking Dead, Dead Island, Sound Shapes(PS3), Infamous 1, 2, Saints Row the third, Ratchet & Clank all 4 one, Hitman Absolution, Sly 1, GTA 5, BF4, Sound Shapes, resogun, Dead Nation AE, Tomb Raider, Strider

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm going to say Moderate due to the amount of time it took me to get to level 100 online. There wasn't anything to difficult, just time consuming. My best Platinum so for though.

PRO Member

Moderate at worst. The only real difficulty with this game is around your patience levels with the amount of grind time needed for on-line (especially like me if you get no help boosting). That and the ability to pick off the mugging and back-seat driver trophies. This game would walk the "Most Tedious Platinum" award.
    smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast

子連れ狼

Hard - I would of wanted R* to have done the same as they did in RDR and that is one gold medal on a mission not 70 , but aside from that after all the patches and glitches were fixed ranking to 100 did seem to take forever (if playing solo) but truly enjoyable when playing with crew members. I did like how the collectibles were broken down (50 space ship parts, 50 letter scraps, 30 toxic barrels) instead of the 200 flying rats of GTA IV.

This only goes for the first two weeks since GTA Online came out " In the near future I predict that GTA Online will be much much harder to rank up in. In my time we had many exploits to rank up because some missions were really unbalanced as well as an easy to rank up race you can do over and over. Seeing what R* did to RDR and MP3 in future patches will make GTA Online a huge grind. The longer you wait the more tougher the online is going to get. - Ace-murderer234 (This is sooo true)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy
    ...using a guide for the collectible and stunts and having a boosting partner online
    as there is nothing really difficult besides. Missions are repeatable and unfortunately much easier than in any GTA since GTA III (never played the first two) before. They were in fact sometimes ridiculously easy and gold-ing 70 was just a matter of time and patience as you never had to fullfill all objectives at the same time.

Very hard
    ...doing all collectibles and stunts on your own as well as online without friends or boosting partners to help you fake situations
    . Really if I had a year of time for nothing but GTA 5 to finish I still wouldn't be able to find all collectibles and stunts. It's such a big world and if you miss one tiny collectible it could still be anywhere on the map and you have no way of finding it but by accident or really knowing every spot in the game perfectly.
    In about 120 online races that I joined I had exactly two rallyes. Without boosting it seems impossible to even find rallye races. So it would take a lot of luck and probably ages till I get the co-driver trophy by accident. The same goes for the mugger trophy as nobody ever paid a mugger on me. I had to boost that one.

She Got Me Up All Night

If I didn't have help with the co-op trophies I would say this is hard or even moderate but I didn't have help from Krysta91, Meliz, Omnislash, Smashguy, Geobru so all the online trophies were rather simple just time consuming and for that I wouldn't say it is moderate.

Single player is easy but takes time to earn all the trophies again. You have plenty of missions to go through and earn medals where not all of them are required to be gold so that is even easier. Without the collectible guide the this would have been super rough to where I would give it a hard rating.
    PPS bar by Smashguy

Sig & Avy by Dare

Made by Pancake Model

Lvl 4 - Silver

Voted easy. Nothing too hard at all really, only thing some might struggle with are the Stunt Jumps, Knife Flights and Under the Bridge flights. The plat is time consuming, but not hard at all.

Trophies soon.

3 Moderate or 5/10 It's not hard game at all but it's very long plat with having lots to do both SP and online. With SP there is lots of collecting but some of the Knife flights are a pain and some stunt jumps. Everything else is easy SP even getting 70 gold medals as there are plenty of short and easy ones to get. The online is very time consuming and at one time was easy to self boost with solo races but now it's very long. Also there is lots to do like getting 30 plat awards but for that and other online trophies it's all easily boosted. While not hard just don't expect a quick plat.