Graphical Glitches/Loud Fan On launch 60 gb ps3

This is a discussion on Graphical Glitches/Loud Fan On launch 60 gb ps3 within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Anyone else experience this with GTA V who have the original launch/backwards compatible ps3? After the install I barely played ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Graphical Glitches/Loud Fan On launch 60 gb ps3

Anyone else experience this with GTA V who have the original launch/backwards compatible ps3?

After the install I barely played it for 5-10 mins before the fan went on overdrive and not to mention the screen tearing/flickering

Its not the end of the world, but somewhat off putting to play it like this. Do the slim ps3s run this any better?

Negator

YLoD on the horizon. I'd look into backing up your save files soon

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    YLoD on the horizon. I'd look into backing up your save files soon
    I dont think its YLOD as it's one of the few games that cause this thing to happen. And I'm pretty sure a lot of my saves are not able to be copied either.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by LiLPlaya0o0 View Post
    I dont think its YLOD as it's one of the few games that cause this thing to happen. And I'm pretty sure a lot of my saves are not able to be copied either.
    Then there's no reason to not play it safe, trust me, you don't wanna be caught with your pants down. At the very least, back the saves that you can on an external HD or the cloud via PS+.

Also the reason why the fans go crazy is because it can't relieve heat from the system fast enough otherwise, which is a solid sign of a YLoD or it's poorly ventilated.