GTA V Nerd Rage (GameStop)

This is a discussion on GTA V Nerd Rage (GameStop) within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; So, there was an incident that happened at a midnight release for GTA V. Watch the video to see for ...

Plats-O'-War!!

GTA V Nerd Rage (GameStop)

So, there was an incident that happened at a midnight release for GTA V. Watch the video to see for yourself

Now, GameStop has issued a statement on their FB page:

Regarding the GTA V Midnight Release Video: We are aware of this incident and are currently investigating the situation. We regret that this happened, as we strive to ensure all customers receive a great experience when visiting our stores. We would like to extend an apology to the affected customer as well as any other customer that was offended by this event.
    Now after watching the video, do you think the customer was in the wrong, or the manager on duty was wrong? There's reports of her being fired, but so far, nothing's surfaced as of yet. Thoughts?

EDIT: It's been confirmed that she was indeed fired from this.

http://pixelenemy.com/gamestop-manag...ue-gets-fired/
    Last edited by kidson2004; 09-20-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Updated info

Forget I Was Ever Here

F dat shit I would've handled it differently but he was right screw all you jerks that hate on that kid

GAMESTOP ===== LAME

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow, not sure what led up to that but she was very sarcastic. That dude obviously had an issue that a good manager should have managed(hence the name MANAGER). Customer service sucks as it is and seems harder dealing with irate people, but you are still in customer service. You are the image of a company and the customer is always right and crap like that. If you can't deal with all sorts, maybe find a new line of work....... Really, high-fiving people on camera. You had to know that would make the net. Lost your job to top it off, you gotta be a little smarter. Just my opinion.

Sig by Pancake Model, Plat bar by xEl_Cidx

Lvl 1 - Bronze

"FANTASTIC!!!!" LoL, god the woman didn't know what to say to him, but him saying "You lost a customer" thats a lie, I bet he probably pre-ordered another game from GS today But I do believe she'll get in a little bit of trouble..... Can't act like an asshole while your in customer service, unless you own the place, than you can tell your customers to stick thier games up thier own asses

VII

Let me get this straight, his problem was that he got ID'ed for the game?

Maybe he should grow a beard or something so he doesn't look like an obese 16 year old girl.

(If that is not the case, then I have no fucking clue what his deal was.)

Forget I Was Ever Here

It started with 2 identifications such as id and card you purchased the game with...A lot fo places ask for both but then she told everyone about his personal info which shouldn't happen anymore

It is time for me to go underground

INTJ

the guy was being a dick, but thats what some customers are like.

the first wrong move was pulled by the girl when she said she'll give out his email to everyone. Thats against so much privacy policy issues and laws in america she could literally get arrested/fined.

she is lucky she was only fired.

anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

PRO Member

I think the guy went a bit far with it if he had just showed the ID's and kept his mouth shut it wouldn't have escalated that far I can bet that guy never actually called corporate he was trying to make a scene. As a manager I'd of just kicked him out of the store and said it was to keep the peace or something like that it. It looks like it's in a mall so just call the mall cops problem solved and they can haul him away on their segways

Lvl 6 - Silver

The guy preordered it and she simply asked for the card he used and ID, no big deal really, he overreacted and she handled it really badly!

Admittedly I work in retail and most customers I serve are complete mugs, so we regularly mock them when they're gone!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wow that's good she got fired, what a bitch, even if the customer is getting on your nerves, you should keep your cool not say stupid shit like that.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

I make lego out of you!

someone should of knocked him out to shut him up lol
    Making plat cards

Lvl 5 - Silver

Crazy, the GS at my mall where I went to Midnight Release was really chill and had a good time. Then again the guys who work at my local GS are pros and are great guys, usually - lol. Some people are just dumb. Sucks that some locations had a shitty event, so that's a bummer. Also, everyone got carded, it was required, for one more than likely to show over 18+ and also to prove it's YOU who is getting the game and that someone else didn't get your receipt or GameStop card etc. Weirdos.

Lvl 9 - Gold

While they don't show what he did in the video, if he was really being a dick, then he just reflects badly on gamers in general, and he was in the wrong. But offering to hand out his email to people so they could harass him definitely put her in the wrong as well, and she should have known better. I wish the video wasn't edited to remove his douche-iness, unless the beginning of the posted video is when it started recording.
    I've seen managers handle situations like this just fine. If she hadn't offered his email address, on camera (obviously just trying to get the crowd on her side and possibly trying to make light of the situation), she would have been fine, in my opinion.

PRO Member

Snarky Lady C**T + Over-Reacting Man C**T = Retarded Times
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>