Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

So what "DON'T" you like about gta5 so far?

This is a discussion on So what "DON'T" you like about gta5 so far? within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Originally Posted by omgmyface 1. The dialogue. "I'm a Darwinist, homie." "Oh, have you tried Darwinist yoga?" "No, but I ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by omgmyface View Post
    1. The dialogue. "I'm a Darwinist, homie." "Oh, have you tried Darwinist yoga?" "No, but I just put the Darwin back in social Darwinism, bro." "I'm sure you showed those millennial turds." "I did... bro!"
    how is this bad dialogue?

it's parodying american culture to the extreme, people say stuff like this all the time. the Millennial talk is just making fun of middle-aged/old people.

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    1. The traffic in this game is unnecessary and annoying. I get that it's a big, busy city but it really takes the fun out of driving around.

get better at driving is all i can say, the only annoyance i get in this game is the hidden uturn patterns some cars do.

2. The collectables are excessive in my opinion. Stunt jumps, letter scraps, spaceship parts, submarine parts, toxic barrels, knife flights and under bridges is just way too much work for such little reward. Maybe if they unlocked something like free armor or a health upgrade or a special ability upgrade, it would be worth it.
    yet your part of a trophy forum and have 132 platinum trophies. ok.

3. Lamar. This guy is nothing more than a stereotype to the extreme and he frustrates me every time I have to deal with him. How Franklin resists killing him is beyond me.
    Lamar is the coolest side character. He literally has the best side mission dialogue in the game.

4. I hate that just standing next to a pedestrian makes them call the police. The cops in this game are obviously Navy Seal trained and world class marksman so having to deal with them over just standing on the sidewalk is really fucking annoying.
    kill the person calling the police. it stops the police from coming (unless you have more witnesses)

also fun fact police are hard to run away from in real life too.

5. I don't like having to dress your characters every time you load up the game. They should just stay in the smooth ass suits I put them in.
    agreed.

6. The worst thing of all is owning businesses in this game. It is supposed to be an investment that pays off but I get a goddamn phone call every time I'm driving around because somebody stole my weed shipment or they want me to do a cab mission. I understand that a business owner has to be hands on in real life in most cases but this is supposed to be a fun game, not real life. I wish I could sell all the businesses.
    welcome to being a business owner.

7. The soundtrack is awful. With the exception of a few good snoop songs, there is nothing good and the talk radio is a huge letdown. SR4 had the right idea when it comes to music control, giving us freedom to hear what we want to hear.
    you ain't gotta like it, cuz the hood gonna love it.

8. The dialogue is utterly ridiculous in a lot of instances. If I never hear the word "Homey" again, it will be fine with me and I am a little surprised that Franklin doesn't mind every white person in the game calling him homey. Try that shit in real life.
    i see no problems with calling anyone homey.

9.The repetitive nature of the missions. Evey mission is "Michael, we have a problem" Michael: "I'll do this shit and then it's over. I'm out" rinse and repeat.
    wow just like a gta game

PRO Member

That i still cant play online, but friends of me have no problems

Lvl 2 - Bronze

you ain't gotta like it, cuz the hood gonna love it.
    Ha, that's what I'm thinking. While a lot of people are annoyed with dude saying homie all of the time when we all go online that's the way all of the other real players say. I'd say that's pretty realistic.
    Now if GTA5 added in random screaming and a guy calling everyone gay in the single player, it would be 100% realistic.
    $120 bucks to the first to plat for Gta5!!!
    Enter Here

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll start by saying, this is one of the best games I've ever played, regardless of the online which I haven't started yet. I'm at roughly 90% completion right now with all story missions so I've played through mostly everything. Problem One: The whole set of Epsilon side missions don't make much sense to me, I doubt Michael would have taken it as far as he did to begin with, especially with the high price tag, the whole thing just seems really out of character, and then after you rip off the cult nut jobs and walk away with 2 mill I get a text from Marnie saying that I can still complete the Epsilon tract collectible if I want to, that just doesn't make any sense at all. Problem Two: Money and properties. Throughout the game you're constantly getting ripped off and don't make much money until the very end, but using the stock market makes it so you end up with more money than you could ever spend by the end of the game, I now own all the properties and still have so many hundreds of millions of dollars left that the money I make off them is inconsequential. This leads me to the last point, most of the property investments are awful investments, especially early on when you don't have much cash. The towing impound is one of the most laughable in that I'd need to do 300 towing missions just to break even on it. The golf course is another one, it would take over 10 years to break even.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Also, I agree on the general consensus that this is one of the poorer GTA games when it comes to the radio. I'd rank this second worst in the GTA series, only ahead of Liberty City Stories. The rock station isn't good, when "Autograph" and "Radio Gaga" are your two highlights, that's a major problem. The talk radio stations are poor as well.
    Trophy Hunter by day, Trophy Hunter by night.

Mag Editor-In-Chief

Not enough interiors.
    No options to do missions when you steal a police car.
    No rewards for hunting (Except maybe deer?)
    No Bears?!
    No Bigfoot in freeroam. (Just a very small cameo)
    Not much to do in ocean/under water.
    No pets. (except Franklin's)

Just off the top of my head

Member of the Month - 02/2010

I make lego out of you!

here some more hate, it boring when you die to easy
    Making plat cards

The Site Mascot

The cops are the only real gripe I have.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Mag Editor-In-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by ATHF89 View Post
    The cops are the only real gripe I have.

Hi friend.. I hate it when you kill somebody in the woods, AND THE COPS COME..

How do they know I just silently stomped out a guy?

Member of the Month - 02/2010

Lvl 7 - Gold

Every single fucking sports car that I get excited about finding back-fires. That's what I don't like about this one. What the fuck is that all about? Can someone please tell me?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hydraulics for my lowriders UGH!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by OneShift View Post

Hi friend.. I hate it when you kill somebody in the woods, AND THE COPS COME..

How do they know I just silently stomped out a guy?
    yeah that pisses me off, especially with GTA 5 cos Rockstar actually said that wouldn't happen in this game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There are SO MANY cars in this game, but only like 3 of them ever show up at one time. Right now I'm standing on a corner and hundreds of cars have gone by. Other than the occasional bus, every single car is either an Albany Cavalcade or a Galavanter Baller. And there are NEVER any nice cars driving around. This is LA!!! Come on.

GTA 3 and San Andreas had a feel to them where you KNEW you were in someone else's turf. I get that gangs aren't really a big thing anymore, but I don't get a different feel when I move through different parts of the map (other than between the two counties). I remember feeling like I was in a different location when I would go near the Mafia territory in 3, and then they'd blow your shit up with a shotgun. That was awesome.

There is a surprisingly small amount of interior space in this game. It's really disappointing I can't go into GTA staples like Burger Shot or Cluckin Chicken.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by MattGeo84 View Post
    There are SO MANY cars in this game, but only like 3 of them ever show up at one time. Right now I'm standing on a corner and hundreds of cars have gone by. Other than the occasional bus, every single car is either an Albany Cavalcade or a Galavanter Baller. And there are NEVER any nice cars driving around. This is LA!!! Come on.

GTA 3 and San Andreas had a feel to them where you KNEW you were in someone else's turf. I get that gangs aren't really a big thing anymore, but I don't get a different feel when I move through different parts of the map (other than between the two counties). I remember feeling like I was in a different location when I would go near the Mafia territory in 3, and then they'd blow your shit up with a shotgun. That was awesome.

There is a surprisingly small amount of interior space in this game. It's really disappointing I can't go into GTA staples like Burger Shot or Cluckin Chicken.

Noticed that but it does seem to be a pattern of certain types of cars at certain times of day and area, things like the Ubermacht Oracle near the bank buildings during morning and evening rush hour , sporty cars and SUV's in the Vinewood Hills around 10am onward. Trucks, Buggies and Jeeps in Blaine County, shite bangers in the hood. Too much car variety at once would surely be tough to process on old hardware considering everything else in the game.
    The only purposefully done fixing the game seems to do is near the mechanics garages when it narrows down in Online to select cars at select times so you hunt out better cars further away.

I'll agree on the interiors though, better than GTA IV's amount but sadly lacking in the fast food store department.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MattGeo84 View Post
    try going up the rich end of town then (Richman/Vinewood Hills), that's where all the nice cars are seen driving about, or parked in people's driveways.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Tanks. PERIOD.

Lvl 7 - Gold

1. I don't like the amount of time it takes from when the stars start blinking to actually when they are gone
    2. how easy I is to die while driving, and that other cars are much more resistant than yours

Lvl 1 - Bronze

After doing everything in Single Player (achieved the 100% completion trophy), doing all the excessive collections (flights, scraps, nuclear waste, etc) it still won't pop up the kifflom mission. I finished the one where I delivered the plane and now I have been waiting for the icon to show up so I can walk five miles in the desert. That and the phone call with Franklin to pick up the private fare wont pop up either. With glitches like this, I got frustrated and quick playing.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SP_Sundevil View Post
    After doing everything in Single Player (achieved the 100% completion trophy), doing all the excessive collections (flights, scraps, nuclear waste, etc) it still won't pop up the kifflom mission. I finished the one where I delivered the plane and now I have been waiting for the icon to show up so I can walk five miles in the desert. That and the phone call with Franklin to pick up the private fare wont pop up either. With glitches like this, I got frustrated and quick playing.
    I'll second that. I'm currently at 99.5% complete and all I need is the last Dom mission (Uncalculated Risk) to pop up and surprise surprise, it hasn't. Seems like it's a pretty common issue too and has been around since launch: Uncalculated risk (Dom last mission) – Rockstar Support

Some folks seem to have "fixes" that work, but none did for me. I spent 3 hours last night trying every one with no luck. The Alls Fare and Epsilon missions never happened for me either. I'd kinda prefer if Rockstar would sort out these issues before adding new online features and DLC. But yeah, if they haven't fixed it by now I doubt they will. 80-some hours down the drain.

Lvl 8 - Gold

The fact that a lot of vehicles and clothes from MP are absent in SP.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast