Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Ending.... (Obvious Spoilers)

This is a discussion on Ending.... (Obvious Spoilers) within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Am I the only one which thought that in the Death Wish option Franklin will have some kind of last ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Amit's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    8

    Ending.... (Obvious Spoilers)

    Am I the only one which thought that in the Death Wish option Franklin will have some kind of last stand fight against the croocked NOOSE / FIB and will die instead of Michael or Trevor? That shit pissed me off after i saw this on youtube and it's the complete opposite. I killed Trevor for nothing because those Rockstar [email protected] always needs to be smartasses one way or another.

    It fucked me up the whole 100% to get. I have 71% on it now and need to do it from the beggining i guess. You know it's not even about the damn trophy. Why they just couldn't explain what is that 'Death Wish' thing. I thought for a split second it is somekind of payback but it still said death wish and i was so confused.

    What was your pick? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts..


  2. #2
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    But they weren't smart asses. You thought they were being smart but the option never said it would kill Franklin.

  3. #3
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Amit's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    But they weren't smart asses. You thought they were being smart but the option never said it would kill Franklin.
    Oh come on dude. So?
    Look at video comments at youtube or other forums. 99% of the people that chose Michael or Trevor just regret on it for they didn't know. It didn't said they're going for a payback either. I don't know what 'Death Wish' means for you but it was more than obvious for alot of people Franklin is going to die. And that is, called being a smartass. Fucking hate R*.


  4. #4
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Oh come on dude. So?
    Look at video comments at youtube or other forums. 99% of the people that chose Michael or Trevor just regret on it for they didn't know. It didn't said they're going for a payback either. I don't know what 'Death Wish' means for you but it was more than obvious for alot of people Franklin is going to die. And that is, called being a smartass. Fucking hate R*.

    Toggle Spoiler

    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  5. #5
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Oh come on dude. So?
    Look at video comments at youtube or other forums. 99% of the people that chose Michael or Trevor just regret on it for they didn't know. It didn't said they're going for a payback either. I don't know what 'Death Wish' means for you but it was more than obvious for alot of people Franklin is going to die. And that is, called being a smartass. Fucking hate R*.
    But they didn't do anything, you (and apparently alot of others) merely misinterpreted what Death Wish meant. Death Wish for me meant that they were all going to defend themselves against an unfair amount of guys. It was basically a suicide mission.

    You shouldn't hate a company that made a fantastic game because you made a mistake.

  6. #6
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Amit's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    It was more or less people assuming things and not thing of other option that it could have been. "Deathwish" doesn't mean anything, it's just the name of the option.
    No shit bro.. but when there is no explanation (on purpose). that'll be what most people will think of.


  7. #7
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Amit's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    But they didn't do anything, you (and apparently alot of others) merely misinterpreted what Death Wish meant. Death Wish for me meant that they were all going to defend themselves against an unfair amount of guys. It was basically a suicide mission.

    You shouldn't hate a company that made a fantastic game because you made a mistake.
    Please, do not change the subject why I hate them / what good reason I have to hate them because i see it'll turn into a fanboy war. Im just speaking about the ending and how they could have done it wayyy better (For an example, the most simple explantion for each option) and see what other people chose and thought because i am sure i am not the only one here.


  8. #8
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    No shit bro.. but when there is no explanation (on purpose). that'll be what most people will think of.
    Really, bro? I think most people would consider a "Deathwish" a suicide mission, which doesn't mean it will end in death.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  9. #9
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Please, do not change the subject why I hate them / what good reason I have to hate them because i see it'll turn into a fanboy war. Im just speaking about the ending and how they could have done it wayyy better (For an example, the most simple explantion for each option) and see what other people chose and thought because i am sure i am not the only one here.
    Don't get me wrong, I respect that you hate Rockstar, but don't hate them for this.

    A simple explanation would ruin the ending imo, however yes, it does suck that you're now unable to do some things. But still, it was your own damn fault. You could've googled what happened in each ending, or quick saved first, etc.

  10. #10
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I respect that you hate Rockstar, but don't hate them for this.

    A simple explanation would ruin the ending imo, however yes, it does suck that you're now unable to do some things. But still, it was your own damn fault. You could've googled what happened in each ending, or quick saved first, etc.
    Whenever I know there is multiple endings (ie GTA4 and GTA5) I do a quick save and make however many slots there are for the amount of endings that way I have a save for each and won't get screwed over. Idk, maybe I'm just a genius compared to some people.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  11. #11
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Whenever I know there is multiple endings (ie GTA4 and GTA5) I do a quick save and make however many slots there are for the amount of endings that way I have a save for each and won't get screwed over. Idk, maybe I'm just a genius compared to some people.

  12. #12
    Threat
    AlecDawesome's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,569
    Reputation
    383

    And I thought your argument against The Last of Us was bad...
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy


  13. #13
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Amit's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    And I thought your argument against The Last of Us was bad...
    Sorry I am not a fanboy, dude!


  14. #14
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Seriously? When the guy is explaining the options to you he even says something along the lines of "Option C, you can try to save both Micheal and Trevor" which makes it pretty obvious that in option C you'll be trying to save both Micheal and Trevor.

    Sorry brother, but I guess you and a bunch of other people who commented on a YouTube video are stupid. Rockstar couldn't have made it more clear what was going to happen with Option C, even my wife knew what it would entail.



  15. #15
    Fox
    Fox is offline
    Si vis bellum, para pacem
    Fox's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    541
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Seriously? When the guy is explaining the options to you he even says something along the lines of "Option C, you can try to save both Micheal and Trevor" which makes it pretty obvious that in option C you'll be trying to save both Micheal and Trevor.

    Sorry brother, but I guess you and a bunch of other people who commented on a YouTube video are stupid. Rockstar couldn't have made it more clear what was going to happen with Option C, even my wife knew what it would entail.
    Exactly - It's not Rockstar's fault you didn't pay attention before that choice. He blatantly said what that option was before you got it.

    Besides - I chose option C because I'd rather see Franklin die trying to stand up for his friends [You know, the kind of guy he actually seems to be], than turn into some douchebag "It's just business" lapdog like he would be in the other options.

    ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

    PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

  16. #16
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    0

    I have to agree with OP. I thought they told Franklin if he didn't kill somebody, they would kill him. So the choice "death wish" seemed like it meant he was gonna stand up to the feds and die in a blaze of glory. I was very close to killing Trevor before I decided to just look up what everybody else did out of fear of losing a character with a lot of side missions left undone. They were hinting throughout the whole game that someone was going to die.

  17. #17
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by uscthrilla View Post
    I have to agree with OP. I thought they told Franklin if he didn't kill somebody, they would kill him. So the choice "death wish" seemed like it meant he was gonna stand up to the feds and die in a blaze of glory. I was very close to killing Trevor before I decided to just look up what everybody else did out of fear of losing a character with a lot of side missions left undone. They were hinting throughout the whole game that someone was going to die.
    No they weren't.

  18. #18
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    I went with Deathwish mainly because that was the way i felt it should go down, i'm glad i did because getting revenge on Devin and the whole banter between Lamar and Franklin before they make the last stand was a far more pleasurable ending.

    Played the Trevor ending afterwards and felt horribly guilty for the outcome. Don't know if i'll try the Micheal ending as he is my favourite.

    Also, i saved before the final mission, just in case. Always the safest bet.

  19. #19
    PRO Member
    ChrisValentine's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    1,311
    Reputation
    237

    I thought it was kinda obvious that you'd then have everyone against you by choosing Deathwish.
    I played pretty moral all the way through the way. Driving kinda properly, didn't really purposely kill civilians or anything


  20. #20
    CPU: Purple Heart
    NepNepthe1st's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    8

    I chose Deathwish cause I actually did like the three characters and I wanted all of them to live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO