Micro-Transaction to Come to GTA V ????

This is a discussion on Micro-Transaction to Come to GTA V ???? within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Grand Theft Auto Online May Incorporate Microtransactions - IGN A file discovered on the servers for Rockstar Games' website suggests ...

PRO Member

Micro-Transaction to Come to GTA V ????

Grand Theft Auto Online May Incorporate Microtransactions - IGN

A file discovered on the servers for Rockstar Games' website suggests microtransactions allowing players to purchase in-game money could be a part of Grand Theft Auto Online, the soon-to-be-released multiplayer component of Grand Theft Auto V.

What does come as a surprise are the listings for four different "cash cards" ranging from $100,000 to $1,250,000. These are accompanied by images (seen
    here) and the following description: "Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character's bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."

Greedy Mother-Fuckers... if this actually happens.

O_o

Well, one of the games themes is capitalism. A clever evil indeed.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

doesnt matter to me, ill still play the mp

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

I don't mind if it's just for clothes etc. But when you can start buying guns, ammo and everything early on (without having to rank up or whatever), then it's slightly unfair against people not willing to spend real money... to buy fake money.
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 09-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I bet guns will be available for everyone to buy, when you progress ranking up, I bet buying in game money will be for nonsense like cars and houses. I'm not worried about that.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Grand Theft Auto Online micro-transaction pack prices revealed • News • Eurogamer.net

Well it's true,but it's not as bad as it could be?

But while some things are cheaper, others are more expensive. You'll pay more for weapon and car mods, and most are initially out of normal financial reach. Yet any potential access to these items can only be unlocked when your character ranks up.
    This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

PRO Member

GTAV is huge enough not to have to spend more money on it, I hope we can have the exact same experience without using this.

Plats-O'-War!!

For all that money GTA V made from sales, why implement micro-transactions?

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    For all that money GTA V made from sales, why implement micro-transactions?
    2 words... MONEY.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 8 - Gold

Well this fuckin sucks... completely lost my hype for online. And I was working on Platinum, might as well call it quits.

Trophy Hunter Kid!

I hope this Micro-Transactions don't affect the Platinum, cuz ill be very mad with Rockstar.

Plat card by djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

From Rockstar's website -

Reputation and Cash Flow - Spend cash you've earned on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armoured cars, winning street races, doing stick ups or or a host of other cash making endeavours - or if you're the instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the online store. The game and it's economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don't have to spend real money to attain cars, clothes, guns, flash and style of a high roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much quicker online than in single player.
    Full article can be found here - Some More Details on Grand Theft Auto Online | Rockstar Games