Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

GTA Online Details: Game Day Access & More (Online Starts 7AM EST)

This is a discussion on GTA Online Details: Game Day Access & More (Online Starts 7AM EST) within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Well.....this happened: Can I Play GTA V Online Yet?...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well.....this happened:
    Can I Play GTA V Online Yet?

Lvl 7 - Gold

well i lost my rank 7 character, i started a new one and im hanging on the race, this is a disaster, i have no idea why wouldnt they shut it down till its fixxed. slowly losing interest in this game.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

♚ Overlord ♔

Froze and lost level 5. No

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    Froze and lost level 5. No
    Update: We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

thats from rockstargames.com, people are going ape shit over there lol
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

PRO Member

I lost my level 6 character... hopefully the update does come out tomorrow and fixes this.

Drunken Nights

Lost my character as well (rank 6) yesterday. Hopefully these issues are sorted out tomorrow like they have said.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Update: We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

thats from rockstargames.com, people are going ape shit over there lol

There seems to be no middle ground with people on Rockstar's site forums, either it's laughable levels of bile and fury spat at the company and 'wah, wah, billion dollars not invested, my money paid for this free content ' or it's ' I see no wrong, quit whining, Rockstar 4 Eva '.

Personally, i'm sad that it didn't start smoothly and that i got a couple of hours play before being shoved back out of the Online for the last day and a half but i have enough of a brain to understand that it's hard to test for a lot of problems until you put the game out there and it's a lesson to learn for Rockstar.

The common theme i do see though, is how much fun people have had when getting on, it's only going to get better with time too.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I'll take a sticker that says ' GTAO screwed me in every way possible and i still came back for more! '. Granted, it might be better on a T-Shirt rather than a tiny sticker but i'll feel special for having it nonetheless.
    Lol, alright it's in the mail and Rockstar is happy to make you feel special

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

So how are things, is it working already?

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    So how are things, is it working already?
    Apart from the odd session timeout, it's been wonderfully smooth sailing, after the update i went straight into online, tutorial loaded and started first time, played it and have been on it since. Best thing was i got to start with the $10,000 i had from my old character.

Played with a bunch of Aussies all morning, dicking about and robbing stores, met some fun people already.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Apart from the odd session timeout, it's been wonderfully smooth sailing, after the update i went straight into online, tutorial loaded and started first time, played it and have been on it since. Best thing was i got to start with the $10,000 i had from my old character.

Played with a bunch of Aussies all morning, dicking about and robbing stores, met some fun people already.

I've literally been playing all day now lol, it's on people!.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yesterday it worked smooth all day long. Already level 17 and didn't have any loses. I just don't like that Power Play thing that makes other players damage you double time if you're first place on Deathmatches. Takes all the fun imo at just the start of the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Anyone else have still having problems playing online? Now I just get stuck on the "Joining Gta Online" screen a couple of minutes, until it times out and want me to try again later. But I get stuck on the time out screen.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by thommiekarlsson View Post
    Anyone else have still having problems playing online? Now I just get stuck on the "Joining Gta Online" screen a couple of minutes, until it times out and want me to try again later. But I get stuck on the time out screen.
    Was fine for me yesterday (for the first time) But now today, the same's happening as with you. It times out, then freezes on that screen

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Was fine for me yesterday (for the first time) But now today, the same's happening as with you. It times out, then freezes on that screen
    Good to know that it's not just for me then.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't get this crap. I lost a level 5 character the other day and made a new guy which was fine. Level 6 and all. Played him earlier today. Get on just now? LOST it.

Restarted my Ps3 and he was there as rank 6 but I had to recreate the character and NOW HES RANK 1 AGAIN.

What in the holy mother of f***... :| like come on if its THIS bad just take it down until it works.

Anyone have a solution?
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Im having the same issue with a level 28 character... Keeps saying cloud servers unavailable, and keeps giving me different outcomes every time I restart the game... I aint creatibg a new character after all that fucking work... They dont sort this, im trading this broken piece of shit in...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I don't get this crap. I lost a level 5 character the other day and made a new guy which was fine. Level 6 and all. Played him earlier today. Get on just now? LOST it.

Restarted my Ps3 and he was there as rank 6 but I had to recreate the character and NOW HES RANK 1 AGAIN.

What in the holy mother of f***... :| like come on if its THIS bad just take it down until it works.

Anyone have a solution?
    I didn't have any loses. However today I played for about 2 hours and did something like 10k xp - suddenly the connection lost so i've lost all of the progress i did and was back to where i started this day - Level 17(.5). I read on the loading screen or one of the top left messages that the game doesn't save automatically your progress, only if youre exiting it right - from the pause menu by doing quit or either switiching to a single player character. Try that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    I didn't have any loses. However today I played for about 2 hours and did something like 10k xp - suddenly the connection lost so i've lost all of the progress i did and was back to where i started this day - Level 17(.5). I read on the loading screen or one of the top left messages that the game doesn't save automatically your progress, only if youre exiting it right - from the pause menu by doing quit or either switiching to a single player character. Try that.
    I do that every single time. And it still is screwing with me. My friend who I skype with still has his character. Our other friend? Can't even get on. It's so mixed.

EDIT: So I made a 3rd character over my 2nd character which was gone. Couldnt get into my friends game after doing the tutorial for the THIRD time. Went back to single player and re-loaded multiplayer and I found my 3rd character driving my 2nd characters vehicle and I had more money. o_O
    Last edited by holycrapoly; 10-05-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I do that every single time. And it still is screwing with me. My friend who I skype with still has his character. Our other friend? Can't even get on. It's so mixed.
    Then I don't have any clue man. Hell, why all game companies cant just do this easy and simple servers like CoD or Battlefield has.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast