Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GTA Online Details: Game Day Access & More (Online Starts 7AM EST)

This is a discussion on GTA Online Details: Game Day Access & More (Online Starts 7AM EST) within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; Access to GTA Online Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V. ...

Drunken Nights

GTA Online Details: Game Day Access & More (Online Starts 7AM EST)

Access to GTA Online

• Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V. On October 1st there will be a small downloadable Title Update released on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Upon installation of that Title Update, direct access to begin GTA Online will be unlocked in your GTAV game menu. You will be able to jump right into GTA Online via the 4th (bottom) slot in your GTAV character wheel. We’ve received many questions asking for a specific confirmation of what exact time GTA Online will be available but of course this is contingent on both Title Updates becoming available on each console’s network. As a general timeframe, we do expect the Title Update to become available on PSN and Xbox LIVE starting around 7AM ET tomorrow morning, and your best bet is to stay tuned throughout the day here at the Rockstar Newswire and by following us on Twitter and Facebook where we will be keeping everyone updated.

When does GTA Online Take Place?

• Some people who’ve been playing through Grand Theft Auto V’s Story Mode have been inquiring how the narrative of GTA Online correlates or crosses over. Grand Theft Auto Online is set a few months prior to the events of Grand Theft Auto V’s single player story.

Home and Garage Security

• There’s plenty of havoc and treachery you can cause out in the open world of course, but in order to prevent some really annoying “griefing”, we’ve designed house party invitations specifically to be a friendly social affair where players can visit each other’s pads without fear of having them ruined or losing their hard-earned vehicles in the process. If someone invites you into their property, then it is considered a friendly visit and you will not be able to shoot up their place or steal their cars from their garage. By the way, in any given lobby, if you and another player own the same piece of property, you will each be able to enter your own personal instance of that property at any given time. You will also be able to enter each other’s instance of that property if you exchange and accept an invite. This way, multiple instances of ownership of the same property within a lobby can co-exist.

GTA$ and Fair Play

• To allay some concerns we’ve heard on this subject, we can assure you that the game is designed such that the option of purchasable GTA$ should not disrupt the playing field – and there are a few mechanics in place to help ensure that. All players still have to rank up with Reputation Points (RP) in order to get access to purchase high-end items. No one can begin GTA Online and simply spend a lot of money out of the gate to get a leg up. You will have to earn your stripes and play to unlock access to the aspirational clothes, guns and other items. Please also remember that in GTA Online, hustling to afford the finer things by earning GTA$ doing robberies, stick-ups, winning races and other profitable activities is a fun gameplay experience rather than ever being a ‘grind’. As we mentioned on Wednesday, we will constantly tweak all areas of the game to make it play fairer and iron out any balancing problems (while fixing all the other problems we encounter!), but we really need your help in figuring out what those issues are. So please work with us on that!

An Ever-Growing Collection of Jobs

• Grand Theft Auto Online is a long-term GTA experience that you can expect to be built-upon, to grow and to evolve in many ways in the coming weeks, months and beyond. As part of that, there will be a massive amount of Jobs available to play over time as we will be regularly adding new ones for you to enjoy. Additionally, you will soon be helping to add content to the game world yourselves, by creating custom Race and Deathmatch Jobs through the Content Creator tool which we plan to release this fall. Grand Theft Auto Online is a collaborative project between Rockstar and all GTA players worldwide, so expect that we’ll effectively be working on it together from day one. As a very small example, the Crew Hierarchies feature that was introduced a few weeks back on Social Club was a direct result of popular fan feedback from last year – and we’ll be looking at the GTA Online community’s feedback, input and ideas constantly to help inform how the game itself will grow and evolve. As mentioned last week, we’ll be looking closely at your feedback emails sent to [email protected] and in the GTA Online Suggestion Box board at the forthcoming Social Club Forums. We’re very much looking forward to welcoming you as active participants in the world of GTA Online starting tomorrow.

The Character Creation System

• The hereditary-based character creation system of Grand Theft Auto Online allows for a multitude of options to create your avatar that will then inhabit the online world of Los Santos & Blaine County. Choose your gender then decide on your mother and father. From there, you can choose to give one parent genetic dominance or leave them more evenly matched. The choice is yours. Next, you adjust a set of lifestyle variables which help determine your character’s appearance and starting stats. Decide how much sleep he/she gets, how much partying they indulge in, how much honest work versus illegal activity, and more. Essentially, you can adjust the genetics to wind up with a fresh faced lad or lass or a grizzled, haggard degenerate or anywhere in between! You’ll also be able to preview your end result in real time all throughout to ensure you’re satisfied before putting your character on a direct flight to LS. Of course, once you’re out and about in the open world, you can further customize your character with haircuts, clothing and accessories to suit your tastes.
    Exclusive Social Club Features

• In Grand Theft Auto Online, Social Club members get access to weaponry and vehicular unlocks, a whole new suite of Crew features to represent and coordinate with your squad, and special tools to get the most out of Rockstar Jobs and user-created Jobs when the Content Creator tool launches this fall. Check out the updated www.rockstargames.com/V/socialclub for an overview of GTA Online Social Club features including new Crew customization possibilities like Crew colors and Emblem vehicle decals, Crew messaging options, and Open or Closed Crew Sessions. Plus unlocks like the Sawed-Off Shotgun, the Annis Elegy RH8 and the John Marston Parent option to do the Marston family proud in the modern day West. Also stay tuned for info later in October about the very first GTA Online Social Club Events which will have special Event Playlists curated by Rockstar, reserved in-game license plate awards for top players, and more. So, if you haven’t joined, we recommend doing so!

Rockstar Newswire

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Gotta start making preparations now.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

♚ Overlord ♔

Having John Marston as a Parent? Deadeye ability anyone?

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I want James Earl Cash as a Parental Option! Excited all over again for today, i may do a little dance.

Cheers again GHO5T.

Crocodile Hunter

Launches in Australia in 2 hours and 10 minutes!

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

ANNNNND, I cant get online

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    ANNNNND, I cant get online
    I've made it past the intro and gotten the first trophy, then it kicks me off and corrupts my character's saved data.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    I've made it past the intro and gotten the first trophy, then it kicks me off and corrupts my character's saved data.
    Yeah, that's exactly what it's doing to me.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what it's doing to me.
    that's happening to me too. My character creation saves corrupted also. back to splinter cell I go. I just hope they sort it out quick

PRO Member

damn I want to be a Marston but I already created my character... anyone know if you can delete your character?

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    damn I want to be a Marston but I already created my character... anyone know if you can delete your character?
    Yes, you can delete your character and can also make multiple characters.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Yes, you can delete your character and can also make multiple characters.
    Fix it Feral!

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Fix it Feral!
    Ha ha ha yeah mate. I throw rum at it, works like a charm

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

It might just be me, but I find the character customization in this game to dreadful. I mean, really, really bad. It's possibly one of the worst I've come across in years. And I was hoping to play as Niko but instead he's just my characters dad.....
    Last edited by Creditdue; 10-01-2013 at 11:34 AM.

PRO Member

Thanks (again) Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    It might just be me, but I find the character customization in this game to dreadful. I mean, really, really bad. It's possibly one of the worst I've come across in years. And I was hoping to play as Nike but instead he's just my characters dad.....
    I don't like it either. It's very unique and original I'll give it that, but having to choose grandparents and parents seems pointless, I'd rather just create my character from scratch. And there's also very little variations in personalizing the character like hairstyles and stuff like that, I'm surprised by the lack of options.

Lvl 7 - Gold

GTA servers not available big fail from RockstarGames. Character customization is bad, really bad, even John Marston doesnt help me as a father i still look like shit.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Thanks (again) Feral.

I don't like it either. It's very unique and original I'll give it that, but having to choose grandparents and parents seems pointless, I'd rather just create my character from scratch. And there's also very little variations in personalizing the character like hairstyles and stuff like that, I'm surprised by the lack of options.

Personally, it's fine, i'd have liked the heritage thing to have included a back catalogue of Rockstar's characters but i still made a decent version of myself by finding just the right mix so not a bad thing either way. Miles better than GTA IV's 6 of everything customisation that's for sure.

It's painfully obvious that you will be able to customise further with levelling up. There will be more hairstyles, tattoos, new clothes etc in game and probably more in the future. The initial stuff is a template for you to make your own guy or gal over time.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I didn't know that partying make me stealthy lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast