Fatal glitch?

This is a discussion on Fatal glitch? within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; OK here is the problem. I still have to finish 3 story missions one being the final heist. My map ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Fatal glitch?

OK here is the problem.

I still have to finish 3 story missions one being the final heist. My map shows no missions to be done for anyone. The character hub shows they each have 1 mission available.

As I drive around, as Michael, a message box appears in the top left of the screen saying I need to take a suitable vehicle to the banks parking garage. Ok great, I remember I saying I need to mod it up, good, np did that. Now where is the bank? No Icon appears as a drop spot. I go and find the heist spot and try a few garages but nothing. No call from anyone, Lester I assume, and calling anyone is no help as in the previous getaway car stash missions. I leave the car and the garage nothing either.

Another thing I have noticed is when I go to the strip club and check out the plan it shows that the "Getaway Vehicle" and "Get a train" boxes are not checked and I certainly have finished the train mission.

My only 2 thoughts on this are
    1) I had what I thought were the final heist and the FIB raid going at the same time and since they both required a getaway Vehicle, stashing the first affected the 2nd?

or

2) I'm a dumbass and have missed something painfully obvious....

I hope its the later...

Any thoughts?
    [/URL]

Top 10 's
    Red Dead Redemption Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Dragon Age: Origins Demons Souls
    Grand Theft Auto IV God of War III Assassins Creed II Heavy Rain Tekken 6 Mafia II

VII

Did you try doing it with Franklin or Trevor? Idk.

I kinda had the same problem with my game and things not showing up, turns out I had burn rings on the disc which can be easily wiped off, check the disc?

I'm probably not any help, sorry man

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks for trying though.

Do I need 3 cars? I did the heist set up one day then took a day off and forgot the specifics of the heist when I restarted. I think I remember something of 3 cars modded? I chose to go in obvious and got the drill and trains.

I just don't want to have to start over if I don't have to. I'm at 91% with only about 50 or so collectable/stunt/flying left to go.

I 100%ed GTA 4 before the trophies were available and did it all again (not the online trophies) for the Plat so I guess I'm doomed to repeat history...
    [/URL]

Top 10 's
    Red Dead Redemption Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Dragon Age: Origins Demons Souls
    Grand Theft Auto IV God of War III Assassins Creed II Heavy Rain Tekken 6 Mafia II

VII

Ohhhh I think that's the mission where you have to find the three guantlet muscle cars and mod them? You have to go to your e-mails to find the locations and it HAS to be that specific car, not just any modded car. Go to Youtube and type in GTA V guantlet locations.

Hopefully that works

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks again!! I did a quick look through emails earlier but didn't see much of interest. I'll check it again tomorrow. Who should I be playing as? Does it matter or does each character get their own car?
    [/URL]

Top 10 's

VII

By the videos, it looks like Lester only gives the mission to Michael

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ok I couldn't help it I had to check... but,
    I have no emails and I go to the location in the video for the first car and its not there.

I do remember Lester sending texts asking if I have forgotten about the getaway car but I have not received them in a while. I wonder if my epsilon robes are hindering my progress... lol
    [/URL]

Top 10 's

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The message in the top left doesn't say car"s" Was there an option where the train was to carry the golf and only one car was required as a get away? I vaguely thinking ugh I don't want to go after 3 cars at some point...

My guess is the yellow destination line will appear when I find the "appropriate vehicle" But that is the $25,000 dollar question -
    [/URL]

Top 10 's

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengaldom614 View Post
    The message in the top left doesn't say car"s" Was there an option where the train was to carry the golf and only one car was required as a get away? I vaguely thinking ugh I don't want to go after 3 cars at some point...

My guess is the yellow destination line will appear when I find the "appropriate vehicle" But that is the $25,000 dollar question -
    You are correct there sir, once you find the vehicles the yellow GPS line will show up, the cars in question have a stripe down the middle, one's around the posh shops in North Los Santos ( Rockford Hills ), another is lower down the map between two hotels with lit up signs on the roof, in Mission Row. The last one is in a car park in the Pillbox Hill area. Anyone can get the cars as far as i remember.

As for the Obvious version of the heist, i'm unsure which vehicle it was, something like a van armored to the hilt?

Change is mediocre

There was a glitch making story missions not appear, seems it's been fixed only recently. I'm not sure how you'd be able to start it now though.

VII

Once you get the cars, take them to customs and make sure you fully upgrade the armor and give it bulletproof tires, then it should let you drop them off

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thank all of you for your responses!!! This is what I have put together based on your responses, you tube videos and my shoddy memory...

1) I am doing the Obvious heist and need only one car.
    2) Watching the set up video I got in the exact car showed but no acknowledgement by the game.
    3) When I was working on both FIB and The Big Score Heists I believe the getaway car I worked on was able to be used in either heist.

So my last hope is to find the "hummer" I modded up and used for the FIB getaway. I don't think there were any requirements for the FIB getaway vehicle since it wasnt a "hot" escape, just ditch the fire truck and go.

I think (hope) I stashed it away in a garage.

In the end I think a caused the glitch by setting up 2 heists at the same time... we will see but I think I gotta do it all again. I rotate 3 save files but not back far enough to be of help.
    [/URL]

Top 10 's

Lvl 7 - Gold

After you modded the car, did you call Lester and choose the getaway vehicle option? You have to do that for the mission to progress.

Banned

I have same problem for damm glitches in that game. You know, Strangers and Freaks missions? Last time I noticed some "?" on a mini-map and I would play now but I needed to sleep and I saved game data by sleep on bed. Next day, I started play GTA V game then now some "?" didn't show up, it made me frustrated. I don't want start it over.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    After you modded the car, did you call Lester and choose the getaway vehicle option? You have to do that for the mission to progress.
    I have done that with many types of modded cars by each of the characters. Calling Lester only gets his voice mail. No option pops up when selecting his name.
    [/URL]

Top 10 's

VII

When you find a location, try calling Franklin to see if it lets you tell him where the car is as he is usually the getaway driver

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    That's a different mission. I think that's also for the "Obvious" approach, which it doesn't sound like he's chosen.

This is the one that requires the 3 Gauntlets found around the city - you can use ANY Gauntlet - but if you want a Gold medal, you have to get the ones that were depicted in the e-mail.

If I'm not mistaken, you can pick them up with any of the characters - check all of their e-mails for the message from Lester - which should have photos of the cars. If you chose a good hacker, you'll also have images of their exact location.

Vid showing that you don't need the exact cars to finish.

Note that the e-mail from Lester doesn't have a real e-mail address - it's a bunch of letters and numbers @eyefind.com. The title is "Car Locations".

If you don't have the e-mail anymore, then just get in ANY Gauntlet, just remember that it has to be a Gauntlet, and nothing else. Take it to a Los Santos Customs, and fit it with the Heist mods, and the yellow line should take you to the lock up.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    That's a different mission. I think that's also for the "Obvious" approach, which it doesn't sound like he's chosen.

This is the one that requires the 3 Gauntlets found around the city - you can use ANY Gauntlet - but if you want a Gold medal, you have to get the ones that were depicted in the e-mail.

If I'm not mistaken, you can pick them up with any of the characters - check all of their e-mails for the message from Lester - which should have photos of the cars. If you chose a good hacker, you'll also have images of their exact location.

Vid showing that you don't need the exact cars to finish.

Note that the e-mail from Lester doesn't have a real e-mail address - it's a bunch of letters and numbers @eyefind.com. The title is "Car Locations".

If you don't have the e-mail anymore, then just get in ANY Gauntlet, just remember that it has to be a Gauntlet, and nothing else. Take it to a Los Santos Customs, and fit it with the Heist mods, and the yellow line should take you to the lock up.

I have chosen the OBVIOUS approach, I got the boring machine and the train cars.
    I have tried the 3 gauntlets also to no avail, both searching and getting my own.
    There is no listing under ANYONES name including Lester to help at all.
    None of the messages that pop up on the videos pop up when I get in the exact same cars and do the exact same thing.
    [/URL]

Top 10 's