Hang Ten mission

This is a discussion on Hang Ten mission within the Grand Theft Auto V forum, part of the G; I am upset. Why? because I collected all the spaceship parts, submarine parts, stunt jumps, knife flights, under bridges, did ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hang Ten mission

I am upset. Why? because I collected all the spaceship parts, submarine parts, stunt jumps, knife flights, under bridges, did all side missions, did all random and misc missions. And sadly, after all that, I am stuck at 99.2% because the Hang Ten mission never showed up for me, and it looks like I'm screwed because I can't trigger it, it isn't in my replay missions, and I'm stuck at 68/69 missions. I have contacted R* about the issue and after doing some research, it seems that I am not the only one with this problem. If you guys have had this happen, please contact them as well because they can't fix problems unless we let them know what they are. Does anyone else have insight on this problem? Have a fix?

Here is the link to R* customer support in case you have any single player glitches. Rockstar Support
    Last edited by juliuspleezer; 10-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I haven't had it on this mission. My next mission is Mr. Richards. However none of the waypoints for Solomon are showing up. Franklin and Trevor don't have any missions left, and so Michael and this mission are the one I need to complete to move on. Unless I'm missing something completely obvious, I'm screwed.
    I've contacted R* but will contact them again using your link just to up the support a bit.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy3112 View Post
    I haven't had it on this mission. My next mission is Mr. Richards. However none of the waypoints for Solomon are showing up. Franklin and Trevor don't have any missions left, and so Michael and this mission are the one I need to complete to move on. Unless I'm missing something completely obvious, I'm screwed.
    I've contacted R* but will contact them again using your link just to up the support a bit.
    Thanks dude. The more they hear from us, the sooner it gets fixed. I think they should be able to add in a patch that makes these missing missions show up in the replay section but I'm no expert so we'll just have to wait and see how it gets handled.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Brian J, Oct 11 04:38 pm (EDT):Hello Julius,
    Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.
    We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Sony on their support site:
    Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
    1. Turn the console off and on.
    2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
    3. Update your console software.

Clearing the Game Data Utility:
    1. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
    Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
    2. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
    3. Press the button and select [Delete].
    4. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion.
    5. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
    6. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
    7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
    8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second PS3 to see if the same issue is occurring.
    Cheers,
    Brian J

I can't imagine this will fucking help at all but I will update this thread after this all fails.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The Saga continues...my response to their "support" team

The response I received was completely unacceptable. You support team obviously didn't even read the details of my problem. Regardless of the ridiculous suggestions I was given, I followed them only to find that they had absolutely no effect, which is the exact effect I was expecting. For a company that sold a record-number of units of GTA 5 and made well over a billion dollars off of it, I expect a much higher level of support. I was, after all, one of the people waiting in line to purchase your product and purchasing said product at full price. As I have not received a full product (missing the Hang Ten mission), I believe I would like my issue fixed or else I would like a full refund for the purchase price. Send this request to someone in your company who a)has the means to fix this issue and b)cares enough to do so.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thier support isn't really great for a company that is so huge! My request just got posted on the forum as a thread! Which I could've done myself, but they just thought "sod it, we'll let others do the work". I hope there is a fix soon, or my GTA 5 will be gathering dust whilst I play my NHL 14 season.

EDIT - My response from R* is exactly the same as yours JP. They've asked me to "Provide screenshots"...Of what?! The empty map with no mission markers? A picture of my middle finger maybe? Useless.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have done 69/69 missions

Have you guys played through all the missions that you can with all 3 characters?
    Mint sig by In2 & Mint Avy by Abstract

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Head28 View Post
    I have done 69/69 missions

Have you guys played through all the missions that you can with all 3 characters?
    Yeah, the only things I have available are Franklin's assassination missions and Trevor's rampage missions (not the first one, the others after it).

Lvl 4 - Silver

Has anything come of this yet as my game is still stuck?
    Would deleting the save file and starting again be worth it? and would that delete my online character?

Lvl 6 - Silver

starting again would maybe sort the issue, but it's a pretty big gamble.

and no your online character is saved to the server, not the console

PRO Member

I haven't even heard of the hang ten mission yet, when is it supposed to appear in the game?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    starting again would maybe sort the issue, but it's a pretty big gamble.

and no your online character is saved to the server, not the console
    I mean, thankfully, I've only done the missions and nothing else (beside the Kifflom! trophy), so I'd re-do the missions then just start finding space parts etc etc when I've done the missions IF they work. But then, as you say, it is a pretty huge gamble. Im just not sure how long this will go on for until R* realise it's a huge issue and fix it.