View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

2 20.00%
  • Easy

6 60.00%
  • Moderate

2 20.00%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Grid 2 forum, part of the G; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Forget I Was Ever Here

This platinum receives Very Easy from me. This may be the easiest racing platinum I have earned if played on easiest difficulty, however if you play on another difficulty is could prove to be difficult at times. Online trophies can be boosted besides one which I hope they fixed that glitchy trophy other than that this game is easy to learn and play.

It is time for me to go underground

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Easy

There are a couple of trophies that take a little practice/skill - "California Dreaming" and "Gone in 60 Seconds", and the Rival trophy can be annoying without boosting [I managed to get it from my Weekly Rival in a Drift event, but it all depends on if you get paired with someone who plays.]

If you have friends on RaceNet and have them as Rivals, it gets easier.

Playing on Very Hard isn't that bad - the AI can be a bit aggressive, but it's not completely impossible. If all you care about is that trophy instead of the challenge - just play one of the first events. If you've finished everything in the career before obtaining this trophy - try a Custom Event, you can get it there as well.

Winning a week of Global Challenge I can see stopping a lot of people. It's not hard - but it's finicky. I'd recommend being on when the timer is reaching the end and then checking once it expires.

Overall, it's not too bad. It's challenging enough that you'll feel like you accomplished something, but not so hard that you'll want to quit or feel like you can't do it.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate due to the Glitch. Everything else is pretty easy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would say easy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would say easy. The only difficult trophy would be beat the rival trophy, gone in 60 seconds (seriously rely on skill here) and Global Domination since it could glitch and screw you up. Other than that everything is do able. For the California Dreaming and Gone in 60 secs trophy you can do it in custom event and set the flashback to unlimited.

The Girl Gamer

Easy: All trophies are easy to do, except Gone in 60 Seconds will take practice on finding the perfect line. I basically didn't brake at all in the corners to beat 60 seconds. Getting the 250,000 points in a single drift isn't that bad as long you put unlimited flashbacks. A lot of people are saying California Dreaming is tough, but I didn't found anything tough about it and got it on my 1st try.

Global Domination trophy glitched on me during the 1st week. The 2nd week it popped by doing this:

- Back up your save data.
    - Go to the Online portion of the game.
    - Go to Rivals.
    - Go to Change Vehicles and change to any car.
    - Go to Global Challenges and while you are leveling up with the XP you earned for being 1st place in the leaderboard, the trophy should pop.

Do not go to Global Challenges first once the week resets cause the trophy will never pop for that week and you have to do another week again. Follow the steps I did to get it to pop.

Lvl 9 - Gold

very easy... got the 2 hard races in less than 3 tries and I got global domination after reloading save from the cloud.... took 4 save rewrites put it popped and I only had to boost the beat your rival trophy