The worst online racing imaginable

This is a discussion on The worst online racing imaginable within the Grid 2 forum, part of the G; Okay, time for a rant. I have enjoyed the single player for this game quite a bit. It's reminiscent of ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

The worst online racing imaginable

Okay, time for a rant. I have enjoyed the single player for this game quite a bit. It's reminiscent of Gran Turismo 2 or 3 for me and I liked the blend of events. Good shit. I knocked out all the single player trophies without getting frustrated or spending a lifetime grinding so it was quite pleasant. Then we move to multiplayer and I have to say that this is the worst fucking online racing game ever made.

Here is the problem: you start out with some bollocks cars with no upgrades. Fine. The problem that goes with this is there is no class separation in this game. I was a level 1 and was paired up with 2 people in the level 40-50 range and a 99 and I was obviously out of my depth. This would be fine if ranking up was just for bragging rights but no, they not only have all the experience that comes with playing a lot but they also have all the fastest cars. So if you are a new person coming into the race against these high levels, you don't really have a chance to win shit. They should have broken it out so that people were racing with their peers, with similar cars. What the fuck chance do I have against a Bugatti Veyron with my Honda civic? So the competitive balance is all out of whack and leveling up is super difficult to do with every conceivable element working against you.

But here is the best part. Even with this bullshit system in place, I decided to go for it anyway. After all, I am a pretty solid racer (I have like 12 or 13 racing plats) so maybe I can overcome the insurmountable odds so I dive in only to find out that most of the people online are a bunch of bitches that are mostly concerned with bashing you off the road instead of racing. As if the experience of playing this shit show wasn't bad enough on its own, the grid 2 onliners ensure that it is even worse for you. Race after race, I would get a nice start and just as soon as the first corner comes, it's a fucking demolition derby and whomever is lucky enough to come out unscathed gets out clean and the rest of us are fucked.

I have never hated an online experience so much in my life and it is taking what feels like forever to go from level 9 to level 10 and all I want to do is finish this piece of shit game and sell it off. If any of you are the ones I'm talking about, I want you to know that you are a worthless piece of troll shit and I hope you die of aids, you fucking cocksuckers.

Okay, I feel better. Anybody else hate this shit too?

Plats-O'-War!!

I'm selling my copy of it tomorrow. Can't be bothered by just about everything wrong with the game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i was just gonna say Grid 2 when i saw the headline of the topic i picked the game didn't bother getting the Online trophies because this game without rewind sucks it just drifts too easy with a normal ps3 controller and as you said people Online are not racing more like waiting for me to wreck me off the road very annoying so i sold my copy code unused might rent it next year and boost the rest of the trophies to get the platinum but seriously Online sucks

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 7 - Gold

That sounds like GoW Ascension MP where as a low level you get to play against badass ruthless fucking killers lol
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. This game had some serious potential, but codemasters really dropped the ball with the online. Maybe if all races were non-contact or if they dq'ed people for playing bumper cars, it could have been a lot better. Or separated people by their rank so it was more balanced competition. This whole thing I think was designed to get people to buy the car unlock add-on for 7 bucks so they could compete with the vets. Pretty disrespectful to their customers if you ask me.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. This game had some serious potential, but codemasters really dropped the ball with the online. Maybe if all races were non-contact or if they dq'ed people for playing bumper cars, it could have been a lot better. Or separated people by their rank so it was more balanced competition. This whole thing I think was designed to get people to buy the car unlock add-on for 7 bucks so they could compete with the vets. Pretty disrespectful to their customers if you ask me.
    Honestly, if the cars weren't so damn drift happy, then I would feel better about it. Oh well, guess I'll just chalk it up as another notch on my belt

Forget I Was Ever Here

HATERZ gonna hate There is class separation for vehicle tiers...You need to spend time to earn your money and upgrade your vehicles and you cannot blame that on other people who have. Unless it has changed since the game has been released or maybe you are joining someones custom events where anything goes. My only reasoning for coming in here is that the MP in GRID 2 is not the worst racing game out there....

It is time for me to go underground

The One and Only

The ramming thing, that seems to be more and more common in racing games now than a few years ago I noticed. I had similar issues in Need for Speed: The Run where people would play bumper cars and there would be a clusterfuck at tight corners or whichever corner had 3-4+ people in it. Same thing with Need for Speed World, a PC game. (looks like Criterion really influenced NFS players to get violent with racing didn't they?) To hear that's an issue with Grid 2 is no surprise to me, but it's unfortunate that it's an issue on Grid 2 as well.

At least now I know to stay away from the MP of the game.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Banned

Yeah I agree and they need to fix it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I totally agree with you! I've played a lot of racing games and the online for Grid 2 is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. It's making me want to throw my controller! I'm trying to get the damn 'Natural Ability' trophy where you need to win a playlist event. I either get out in first for a while then some poor loser smacks into me and spins me out, i get dumped with players at levels 50+, I have shit slow cars compared to the higher levels, i tap the side of the track and spin out uncontrollably, tap the brakes and spin out uncontrollably.

The cars in the online section of the game handle completely different to the main races. It's like the cars have no weight to them and your driving on ice.

Currently Playing

Dead Nation | Killzone: Shadow Fall | Sly Cooper: Thief in Time | Strider | The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 & PS4 Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs
    WildeThang YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildethanggaming

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't think i've ever played a single racing game(from the dirt series, F1, NFS or Grid) without some random dickhead (usually playing from spain) trying to ram me off track,its worse with this game though, any other game you get pushed off to the side an roll once or twice if lucky, in grid 2 your in first place going into first corner... next minute you're in the air flipping about a thousand times.. it is annoying.. but what ive found playing it online if you cant boot them just keep on going & don't try to be the first into the first corner of a race they eventually get booted by everyone.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Talking about bitch-ass rammers: Need for Speed World. Solid online only PC game, completely trashed by retarded Brazilian scum. They have a HUGE reputation for being pieces of garbage. In that game, they are notorious for ramming and bragging about it, shouting, "BRASIL BRASIL!" and it's like STFU you twat waffle. That's why I'm so glad GTAO introduced non-contact races.