Road Map/Trophy help

This is a discussion on Road Map/Trophy help within the Guacamelee! forum, part of the G; Road Map Step 1. Playthrough the game like normal. I would recommend collecting the 5 orbs before facing the final ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Road Map/Trophy help

Road Map

Step 1. Playthrough the game like normal. I would recommend collecting the 5 orbs before facing the final boss, as that will make the next step shorter. But you don't need to have all of the chests and side missions done.

Step 2. After you beat the final boss the game will put you back at the main menu, choose continue. this will take you to the save point just before the boss room. Go back and collect all of the treasure chests and complete all the side missions. I would also recommend you do all of the special trophies such as "I Swat You," and "Stop Squirming etc,. Don't worry about the 150 and 300 combo trophies. those will be obtained in the next step.

Step 3. Once you have collected all of the orbs and faced the final boss the first time, it's time to beat him again, this time going for the trophy "Up Close and Personal." You should also be able to easily get a 300 hit combo for the trophy "The Never Ending Combo" here. You could do this before step 2 if you want.

Step 4. Beat the game on Hard and enjoy your shiny new platinum.

Trophy help

I have never written a trophy guide before so I have no idea what I am doing. But I am just going detail some of the harder trophies and how to obtain them

The easiest place to get the trophy "The never ending combo" is after you have collected all of the orbs and face Calaca for the second time. the orbs unlock SPOILER ALERT the ability to fly unlimitedly as the chicken. You can rack up a good combo with the chicken on calaca. just fly away to avoid his attacks and remember to turn back into human form to break his shields. You just have to avoid his attacks long enough to get 300 hits on him. its not as hard as it may sound. This is also the easiest way to unlock "up close and personal.

"Catch the rainbow" is the only other trophy that might give you trouble. Do this in the first chamber of the 3rd room in the cave area. (from the central city it is at the bottom left corner past the mine carts.) This puts you in a small room with a single enemy with a shield on. pretty much the best possible conditions. you have to chain together the goat run, goat fly, and all of the special circle button moves. Pretty easy.
    other than that it is just collectables and side missions. I did these without a guide no problem. But if you know of a good guide that you would recommend maybe post it in this thread.

As I said before this is my first ever attempt at writing any sort of guide so I'm sorry it doesn't have any bells and whistles. I use this site all the time but I rarely ever post. I noticed that there was no information for Guacamelee so I figured I would try to help. I'm sure eventually someone with a little more knowledge will be able to write a full trophy guide but until then I hope this helps some of you

Forget I Was Ever Here

Why don't you accumulate enough post so you can call a guide….It's nice to help out though if someone is already doing the guide

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I anticipate getting "The Never Ending Combo" trophy in the mines. A throw adds +5 to the combo and there is a room where a lot of Alux's spawn. I plan to just keep throwing them around at each other and hit the 300 combo. It should be easier and faster than against Calaca. This strategy almost worked for me in the Temple of Rain while playing on hard, which should help because it takes longer for the enemies to be killed. There is a long hallway where a bunch of green skeletons spawn. I kept throwing them around and hit a 294 combo.