View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

2 22.22%
  • Moderate

7 77.78%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Guacamelee! forum, part of the G; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

PRO Member

3. Moderate

I chose moderate because some will have trouble with two of the harder orb "dungeons" and some will not. Personally, I had trouble. I was so frustrated at one point that I had to take a break. This rarely happens with me, but these sections of the game can be difficult. But, with trial and error, most will beat it. The other aspects of the game are a cake walk. It was a really enjoyable game storywise.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

3. Moderate. Pretty much agree with what Highway said. The Tree top platforming and the Sierra mountain platforming for those orbs was difficult. Took lots of retries but through persistance they can be done.

I'll thow in a couple of the boss fights can be a little challenging also.

Overall a really good game.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I choose moderate. The tree top platforming area was a bit difficult, also the bosses (except calaca) in hard mode was challenging, but with some tries anyone can beat them. The game is pretty short so will not take a lot of thime for this plat.

PRO Member

As above stated but I'll go with easy since u got an infinite retries so eventually u ll get those orbs once u know the platform better, this game is sweet very enjoyable go try it u won't regret

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I voted easy on this one. Don't get me wrong, there were some troublesome parts in the game but none of it bothered me as the game was just awesome. He had some great moves and I really enjoyed the combat side of things, not to mention some good ole platforming fun, can't go wrong! Really glad this came on Ps+ and if you haven't played it, go do it now!

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

moderate getting used to some of the platforming can be difficult and the tiger fight is a pain but all else ok and enjoyable

Purger

Moderate. It will take a few tries to memorize the Tule tree and Sierra Morena platforming for the orbs.
    The Chicken costume makes the Tule tree platforming much easier.
    Everything else is pretty much a breeze.

SIG Concocted by ROBO3AG13

Lvl 5 - Silver

Moderate.

Tule Tree and Sierra Morena orbs will take some tries (but don't give up, you'll actually notice how you'll increasingly perform better!) and few parts in hard mode were definitely not easy, especially the boss fights and fighting those lightning skeletons in the end. This is much easier if you have two controllers - even if you play alone (just un-bubble the other player when your health runs low and continue with the other controller).

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

1.5 to 2 easy to moderate
    if you liked back in the day Metroid or Castlevania from the NES or SNES era even the GBA titles then your going to love this, nothing like a fun platformer, some of the orbs can be frustrating but with a little effort and memorization its not that hard, hard mode wasn't all that bad especially if you use the infinite health exploit, the chests weren't extremely hard to find and getting all the orbs does break the game with this games version of Metroid space jump, as for the DLC the skin pack isn't nothing to write home about and the level pack with some time and effort none of the challenges are that really hard (use of the orb special makes a lot of them a non issue with doing them and getting the one trophy) all in all its a great game and im glad I took a chance on this one (watched a youtube blog about it and thought it would be neat, and was I right lol) now on to the ps4 version