I know this game is Hard. But is it GOOD?

This is a discussion on I know this game is Hard. But is it GOOD? within the Hard Corps: Uprising forum, part of the H; Contra sucked, All it was known for was being legendary for how hard it was to complete. Is this game ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I know this game is Hard. But is it GOOD?

Contra sucked, All it was known for was being legendary for how hard it was to complete.

Is this game the same? Or does it have some kind of story or unique gameplay to make it fun?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have played it with a friend on his playstation it is very hard but i think its a fun 2 player game for sure

Resident PHD

Actually Contra was awesome. What was so good about Contra was how tight the controls were (and still are) it was very rare to find a game that was that smooth back then and it is held in high regards because it deserves it.

As for this game I have no idea I just was coming to the defense of Contra.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Plats-O'-War!!

To be honest, IMHO, Hard Corps is a copy of Contra. Is it good? It's alright. If you played any Contra game, then you'll know the controls for Hard Corps. And, how dare you speak badly of Contra?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I actually haven't even played contra.
    From what everyone tells me, I have established that > You get 3 lives in contra > It is extremely difficult to play > That is all.

I am just curious if this follows the same thing, or is there something more...unique to it...something that makes it stand out and worth buying, or if I would be better off playing contra...

Look...Point is...Does this game follow a ridiculously difficult standard? Or is it a game for people who like to have fun and just play a game? <3

Edit:
    Eh.. Couldn't get an honest non-fanboy response out of this, so. Went ahead and bought it <3 Hope it isn't a waste

EditEdit:
    4 days later, Still playing it <3 Cant stop. Love it <3<3
    Last edited by AdorableNirvash; 04-17-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableNirvash View Post
    Contra sucked, All it was known for was being legendary for how hard it was to complete.

Is this game the same? Or does it have some kind of story or unique gameplay to make it fun?
    That's a joke right?
    Contra was a great game and the challenge added a lot to it and its replayability. I just started Hard Corps and it's not an exact Contra copy but it has that same gameplay and a very similar feel. Though it is very close to a copy.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    That's a joke right?
    Contra was a great game and the challenge added a lot to it and its replayability. I just started Hard Corps and it's not an exact Contra copy but it has that same gameplay and a very similar feel. Though it is very close to a copy.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Deal with it.