How did you approach the Perfect Crime trophy?

This is a discussion on How did you approach the Perfect Crime trophy? within the Heavy Rain forum, part of the H; So, how did approach the perfect crime trophy? I know there are multiple ways on obtaining this trophy, such as ...

A plat a month!

How did you approach the Perfect Crime trophy?

So, how did approach the perfect crime trophy?

I know there are multiple ways on obtaining this trophy, such as killing off all the applicable characters as soon as you have the chance, or did you keep everyone and fail in every instance they could?

I'm on my perfect crime run now, and am curious on how you all did it.

Legalize it...

When I played I did both options at once for all the story trophies (chose one path, then quit and did the other without saving) then after went back and followed the guide for the Perfect Crime trophy, it was actually pretty easy that way...

Regional Manager of War

There is a perfect youtube video that goes in great detail on how to get the perfect crime trophy. I had no troubles getting the trophy to pop, and I did it twice. The Easy Way: Heavy Rain - Perfect Crime Trophy - YouTube, this is the video I used

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's pretty simple, you just need to kill/fail everybody else but the killer. The only tricky part is where you have to clean all the fingerprints, make sure you get all of them before you leave.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Man am I frustrated right now. Just played through the whole game for the fourth time starting at Hassan's Shop without skipping and I let the killer kill Madison and Norman, but as Norman saved shaun because I thought it was required, the killer still killed Norman but Shaun went free and ethan was in jail so he was still alive. I also killed lauren, hassan, and kramer and cleaned up all prints at manfred's. Based on the trophy's description I completed all the damn criteria yet I did not get the trophy. Well there goes another 6 hours wasted.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

Local Drunk

I just got rid of everyone and cleaned the shop then I got my trophy, that's it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Quote Originally Posted by GomletX View Post
    Man am I frustrated right now. Just played through the whole game for the fourth time starting at Hassan's Shop without skipping and I let the killer kill Madison and Norman, but as Norman saved shaun because I thought it was required, the killer still killed Norman but Shaun went free and ethan was in jail so he was still alive. I also killed lauren, hassan, and kramer and cleaned up all prints at manfred's. Based on the trophy's description I completed all the damn criteria yet I did not get the trophy. Well there goes another 6 hours wasted.
    Not sure, but I think Shaun has to die, hence "Perfect" crime. Chapter select from The Doctor and continue from there (by killing Madison there), then Norman killed by Mad Jack right after. In all it should only take 1-2 hours since a lot of the game is skipped with them dead and Ethan caught (all the night club scenes, killer's place, solving the puzzle etc). The game only takes about 20 minutes to finish from On the Loose when Ethan gets caught. The only thing you have to 'play' is kill Kramer and his henchmen and then you're basically watching scenes until the end of the credits.

That's the way I played it, since a lot of scenes are skipped the earlier everyone is dead, even though it's roughly halfway (if not further) into the game already. Other than that all the mandatory letting the NPCs die off and clean all the prints at Manfred's.

Retired Staff Member

So many people stress over this trophy. I don't know why. I just killed everyone except the killer and got it.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

the way i got this trophy was this
    1 let hassan get killed in the shop from the robber (after of course getting that trophy for talking him down)
    2 on a separate playthrough started up with ethan right after the lizard trial and let him get caught
    3 broke him out with Jayden
    4 killed Madison with the mad doc (let her drink the drink then didnt try to escape /quicker way was to start to escape then have mad doc stab me to death
    5 killed Jayden at mad jack
    6 wipe all the finger prints off of stuff in the shop (by rushing the dialog through you are almost guerenteed to keep lauren from touching anything other then the balrena figure and i dont even bother touching the body for some reason doing that would always have me end up in the cop station the next scene
    7 let ethan get caught again (now hes in jail and you get that messed up ending for him WOW)
    8 killed lauren by letting her get drowned
    9 let kramer die from a heart attack (he had a heart LOL)
    let the rest of the story finish out and when the news reporter comes on the trophy pops super simple

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Had to go back to hassan's shop let him die and pick up from here. For the rest i'm following the guide.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm trying this on my first play through. I let Hassan die and I'm now about to forgive Madison. I hope it all goes well