Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hitman absolution guarantees to completely ruin series

This is a discussion on Hitman absolution guarantees to completely ruin series within the Hitman: Absolution forum, part of the H; Originally Posted by One Because those that do like that sort of gameplay are now welcome to enjoy the experience. ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Because those that do like that sort of gameplay are now welcome to enjoy the experience. Pleasing both audiences.
    The problem is that pleasing both audiences is hard. They focus on gunfights and stealth gameplay will suffer for it. If shooting enemies is easy, sneaking is not necessary at all and it takes away from stealth gameplay.

And my comment on the guote wasn't directed to you, but to players expecting a shooter from a stealth game in general. MGS example you used isn't good. Sure, you can run around killing all enemies you encounter but the game HIGHLY discourages that because you won't last long with alarms going off. Remove that discouragement and there's no downside to just running and gunning. If the game's geared toward that approach, stealth gameplay will suffer.

Since Aug. 09

oh man i hope the ending is atleast good!

Dominate!

PRO Member

uhhh...unless you are forced to go guns blazing (which as far as i understood you are not) why is it such a bad thing? if you don't like it don't do it

Worst case scenario: don't buy the game, and continue playing the old games

And honestly im not that surprised, as it seems like most games thats come out in 2012 has sucked more or less in some way :/

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

Sounds fun.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I really don't like the fact you can see through walls and the enemies path of movement, it just makes it easy

Other than that, looks like a good game
    The game might have an option to shut those paths off and it could even be a trophy to not use that feature.

Like other people have said you don't need to play the game run'n'gun. I suggest that you play the game the way you have all the other Hitman games.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    uhhh...unless you are forced to go guns blazing (which as far as i understood you are not) why is it such a bad thing? if you don't like it don't do it
    because it gives idiots a option to act like a idiot instead of playing smart like a intelligent person should.

http://imgur.com/auYgB.jpg

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    It's called reaching out to a wider audience, which in my opinion is the smartest thing they could do with this game.
    When other games do that (Skyrim, Fallout 3, & CoD MW2 come to mind) people complain about how the game is dumbed down for casuals, but here's it's "reaching out to a wider audience"

Why don't we call it what it is, with the influx of shooters in the industry this gen, many gamers have no clue how to play anything else, so game companies are turning their games into the type of games that the CoD people will want to play.

Kiwi Defender

This goes completely against the Hitman series. If it was a new IP I wouldn't really care, but this is a game that should have enough sales due to it's fanbase, and then they go around making stupid changes to appeal to a wider audience when it will probably just harm the game as a whole? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with devs? I'm all for change and innovation, but this isn't good change nor innovation, it's down-right moronic.

Also, the pic is hilarious.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I'm still hoping for an HD collection of the other games.

Commander McBadass

Why does each time I see a thread started by Ps360 the only thing I can think of is 'Come on, not another unjustified hate thread made by that guy'.

My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM

Gotham's Reckoning

Quite frankly being a fan of the Hitman games, I'm not happy with the changes done to the game like getting different voice actors, getting rid of the composer Jesper Kyd and that bullshit sixth sense feature or whatever it's called (what was wrong with the map?). And the whole guns ablazing thing, Agent 47 is a SILENT ASSASSIN, he kills people silently, where does going Rambo on everyone come into that title? Seriously if people want that type of thing, why can't they go and play COD and leave these games alone?

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_King View Post
    Why does each time I see a thread started by Ps360 the only thing I can think of is 'Come on, not another unjustified hate thread made by that guy'.
    except this time it is justified.

I'm A Walking Anime......

it has run n gun because it might have a multiplayer. not saying its gonna happen but anything can happen
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Amen, Its been confirmed, and the trophy list is out, just waiting on it to release!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I'm still hoping for an HD collection of the other games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Its going to be a "copy what i do" online, kind of like the game horse when playing basketball. And there's a trophy for completing 100 challenges, so if the challenges and run'n'gun players start making the online games, your going to have to copy what they do to beat the mission. So yes run'n'gun could really screw up the multiplayer for more than just there self!

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    it has run n gun because it might have a multiplayer. not saying its gonna happen but anything can happen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12