Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hitman absolution guarantees to completely ruin series

This is a discussion on Hitman absolution guarantees to completely ruin series within the Hitman: Absolution forum, part of the H; Hitman: Absolution rewards silent killers or trigger-happy gunmen (preview) | A+E Interactive What’s different about Hitman: Absolution from other shooters ...

INTJ

Hitman absolution guarantees to completely ruin series

Hitman: Absolution rewards silent killers or trigger-happy gunmen (preview) | A+E Interactive

What’s different about Hitman: Absolution from other shooters is that the game doesn’t punish you for deciding to go guns ablazing.

But what separates Hitman: Absolution from Solid Snake’s adventures is that Agent 47 can see the path of foes. They’ll be traced in red lines on the floor, and that allows players to navigate rooms better without being seen. There’s less tediousness to watching and learning a squad’s movement and carefully choreographing your route to their patrols.
    But first players will have to mow down waves of enemies. This shows the combat, which is cover based.
    He can shoot gas canisters strategically located throughout the orphanage to make his way to the objective.

Lastly, there’s a bullet time-type of feature, where everyone’s movement slows for the player and he can paint targets and hit a fire button to watch a few spectacular deaths.

Dear Hitman Absolution team:

Kill yourself

signed a hitman fan

http://i.imgur.com/cryA2.jpg

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Looks awesome.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Looks awesome.
    no it doesn't.

it completely ruins the whole fucking point of hitman

here, go buy the entire hitman series for $6.27, then see how good it is compared to this shit (Blood money is the best)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/283/

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

so hitman offers new ways to play and so its ruined? yeah ok.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Never played a hitman game before even though I always wanted to... hmm.
    I guess I'll just wait and see how this plays out.

OH, and that whole bullet time thing reminded me of RDR... o.O
    It's just a flesh wound.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    no it doesn't.

here, go buy the entire hitman series for $6.27, then see how good it is compared to this shit (Blood money is the best)

Save 75% on The Hitman Collection on Steam
    It's called reaching out to a wider audience, which in my opinion is the smartest thing they could do with this game.

Not everyone likes playing Sam Fisher, so let them go guns blazing. Fans like you are more than welcome to use as much stealth as you'd like to, and get rewarded for it as well. Didn't Splinter Cell Conviction do the same thing? That game is great.

It just seems to me that you are annoyed with the action approach they have taken, but this kind of gameplay isn't entirely forced on you.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

xbox420

no it doesn't.

Save 75% on The Hitman Collection on Steam
    Fkng Blood Money was dope! I'm not too keen on the run 'n' gun idea either.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    so hitman offers new ways to play and so its ruined? yeah ok.

It's called reaching out to a wider audience, which in my opinion is the smartest thing they could do with this game.

Not everyone likes playing Sam Fisher, so let them go guns blazing. Fans like you are more than welcome to use as much stealth as you'd like to, and get rewarded for it as well. Didn't Splinter Cell Conviction do the same thing? That game is great.

It just seems to me that you are annoyed with the action approach they have taken, but this kind of gameplay isn't entirely forced on you.

Hitman is about not being a run-n-gun idiot.

It's about planning out a mission, deciding what to do at any point, what stuff to bring, who to assassinate and where to assassinate him at.

The moment you add that Cover-based shooter bullshit into the gameplay it's fucking ruined.

fuck the wide audience, they are too retarded and they kill good games.

Nope, nothing

I really don't like the fact you can see through walls and the enemies path of movement, it just makes it easy

Other than that, looks like a good game

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

The moment you add that Cover-based shooter bullshit into the gameplay it's fucking ruined.

fuck the wide audience, they are too retarded and they kill good games.

INTJ

-pic-

don't be suprised when the game is terrible when it comes out.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not everyone likes playing Sam Fisher, so let them go guns blazing.
    That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Not every one likes going guns blazing either. That's like suggesting ArmA should become a run and gun corridor shooter because not everyone likes mil-sims... If you don't like that sort of game, why play it?

Anyway, from what you've quoted off that site PS360; it sounds pretty crap, and I can't believe the website is trying to sell it to us...

Is 2012 the year for killing off old franchises or something?

Carpe Diem

That red line bullshit, can you turn it off? The more I hear of this the more it sounds quite poor.

Blood Money was the shit every mission was brilliant fun, particularly A New Life and Murder of the Crows. Shame it was never realased for the PS3 at some point

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Not every one likes going guns blazing either. That's like suggesting ArmA should become a run and gun corridor shooter because not everyone likes mil-sims... If you don't like that sort of game, why play it?
    Thank you, I'm honored.

If you don't like going guns blazing, don't go guns blazing. What more do you want me to tell you? Once again, SC:C did it, and that game was probably one of the best of the series.

Stealth still plays a huge role in the game, stop acting as if the whole idea of it was scrapped and Agent 47 is the new age of Rambo.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Calm down... Jeez. The game hasn't even been released yet and there are multiple ways to play. They do say that guns-blazing is the wrong way to play and you could do it in Blood Money if you wanted. I think Xbox even had an achievement for killing lots of people. You will probably still be able to get through each mission undetected and playing it like a true Hitman.

As for Instinct you can play without it as I read that the hardest difficulty gives you no hints at all.

Platinum Dohvakiin

The point of the Hitman series was stealth. If you didn't want to be like Sam Fisher. than you didn't play a HitMan game to begin with. Going in guns blazing. Does ruin the game. I don't care how 'fun" it may be to do so. It negates the entire purpose the series was created. I'm sorry. I'm all for reaching a wider audience and stuff. But not at the cost of f*cking up a franchise.
    And you're right it's not forced on you to go guns blazing. But not being penalized for it is just as bad. Hitman was about planning. How to get in, get out and hardly anyone knew you were there. Now instead of trying to figure out how to do that. You can literally just say "F*ck it. And go in duel wielding .45's." Like it's CoD. Why worry about if there's a guy around a corner. When you can now see through walls. Why study enemy routes. When now you can instantly know where they are going.
    Sure you don't HAVE to play it that way. But it shouldn't even be in a game like this in the first place. It's like having the option in Gran Turismo. To have NFS style handling. Sure you're not forced to play it that way. But it still doesn't belong in the game. But the avg gamer doesn't give a crap. As long as it's "FUN". Who really cares if it goes against everything that was the core elements in the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 8 - Gold

It's not just Hitman, more and more games today are trying to appeal to trigger happy gamers, which is a shame. Another thing I didn't like is the instinct mode they showed in the gameplay. Every other Hitman game required players to plan ahead and this feature will eliminate that and allow players to rush in without having to worry about enemy positions and studying their patrol paths. There are rumors that this "instinct" can be disabled and I hope it's true.

Another thing to note is that David Bateson probably won't be voicing 47.

Not everyone likes playing Sam Fisher, so let them go guns blazing.
    Then why buy a game series known for stealth gameplay? If they want to run around shooting stuff they can buy one of hundreds of shooter games out there.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    IThen why buy a game series known for stealth gameplay? If they want to run around shooting stuff they can buy one of the hundreds of shooter games out there.
    Because those that do like that sort of gameplay are now welcome to enjoy the experience. Pleasing both audiences.

Metal Gear Solid is full of stealth, not necessary however since I can still go around shooting people without much consequence.

You're going to tell me I can't buy a MGS game because I enjoy shooting people rather than sneaking around them?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Thank you, I'm honored.

If you don't like going guns blazing, don't go guns blazing. What more do you want me to tell you? Once again, SC:C did it, and that game was probably one of the best of the series.

Stealth still plays a huge role in the game, stop acting as if the whole idea of it was scrapped and Agent 47 is the new age of Rambo.
    Ergh, it was all scrapped though. What made the previous Hitman games all good, like the recon, planning and preparing and what not has all be scrapped in favour of some serious hand holding shit.

NSFW

Because those that do like that sort of gameplay are now welcome to enjoy the experience. Pleasing both audiences.

Metal Gear Solid is full of stealth, not necessary however since I can still go around shooting people without much consequence.

You're going to tell me I can't buy a MGS game because I enjoy shooting people rather than sneaking around them?
    I can see where you are going with this... but it really doesn't work. I know from experience, then everytime I have an option to either go stealth or gunblazing, I try to be stealthy first, but always end cornered and just gunblazing them from panic. Run'n'gun defeats the purpose of the game, and the level design is almost destined to become horrible, since it now has to have a layout, that fits both the run'n'gun path and the stealth path. If I was charge of making a farming simulator game, but there was also a mass appeal to a flight simulator. I'm not gonna put both in the same game, since that defeats the purpose. The developers needs to use more time and energy in appealing to both parts, than making the game good.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast