Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hitman Absolution is a Mess, PC Gamer Rips it apart.

This is a discussion on Hitman Absolution is a Mess, PC Gamer Rips it apart. within the Hitman: Absolution forum, part of the H; Having played it for quite a bit now I have to agree with PC Gamer. It is a mess. The ...

Break from gaming

Having played it for quite a bit now I have to agree with PC Gamer. It is a mess. The AI is atrocious, levels are very shory short, most parts require you to simply walk through a door, disguises are almost useless, and I see little to no replay value. It's by far the most boring Hitman to date. They need to hurry up and release the HD collection. Contracts mode will get better once the game officially releases and there are more created missions

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

INTJ

Wot I Think: Hitman – Absolution | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

What do you call a hitman who is on the run from his omniscient former employers as well as a powerful weapons dealer and every cop in the world? A fugitive, perhaps? Fugitive: Absolution would be a more honest title because 47 doesn’t do contracts anymore, at least not during the story mode, and apart from the iconic cranium and piano wire, Absolution only feels like a Hitman game in a small fraction of its compact levels. Even the moments that shine almost as bright as the excessive bloom fail to match up to the most brilliant moments of the series’ past, and there are long periods during which IO’s work operates like a less abrasive Kane and Lynch rather than a successor to Blood Money.

The plot, although not a prequel, is a weird blend of reboot and origin story. It removes 47 from his role and sets him on a mission of revenge and rescue that will most likely leave more cops dead than killers. Because he is no longer actively working as a hitman, he doesn’t actually do ‘hits’ anymore and so requires motivation other than a paycheck, and that requires narrative, which requires dialogue, which is dreadful.

Somebody will no doubt prove me wrong almost as soon as the game’s out, but there are a lot of levels I’d struggle to cross without killing guards. It’s certainly less tedious than waiting for them to finish their dialogue and move into a suitable position, and because most maps are so small and self-contained, the consequences are reduced. Kill every person in a courthouse and when you enter the cells beneath it, the police have no idea what just happened upstairs. There’s no continuity between one loading point and the next, even when it’s just a door. At times, 47 even loses his disguise between levels and the weapons he had gathered, even if the context of that shift was stepping out of a building and onto the street.

As the king of Chinatown dies, there’s a cold, creeping sensation. It’s nothing to do with questioning the ethics of the kill, even if a few innocents did die along the way – it’s the fear that the story will return. The apprehension doesn’t linger for too long though because the next mission, set in a hotel, also offers a target and a conventional opening. At this point it’s easy to think that the narrative isn’t actually lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce, but when a hit ends with a scripted failure, doubt returns like an ice cold noose.
    YOU WERE WARNED.

Angel of Death

It got great reviews everywhere but on that site basically. 'm not going to discredit the review, but it definitely must be based on the one guy's bad experience, so I'm not going to be convinced by anything in this review. I'll stick to IGN.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    It got great reviews everywhere but on that site basically. 'm not going to discredit the review, but it definitely must be based on the one guy's bad experience, so I'm not going to be convinced by anything in this review. I'll stick to IGN.
    your going to stick with the company owned by the biggest lying news station of all time?

ok

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'll judge it by myself, although not being able to save is horrible. It'll be like Codename 47 all over again where you just try and get to the objective since exploring can cost you 30 minutes of lost time.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 11-20-2012 at 06:00 AM.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Ouch, I still can't resist checking it out but I may wait it out now for a price drop.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

I got this game for $29 from a third party key vendor. If i am going to be disappointed i might as well do it for cheap.

(This is being played on hard difficulty, which is in the professional section of the difficulties. Purist is no interface at all which is stupid and the one below it is just hard mode with a different name)

the first mission (chinatown) already gives me massive doubt, i shot all of them up in a pile (SOMEONE GOT SHOT, GOING OVER THERE TO CHECK THE BODY, shoot them in the head behind cover, repeat.) then left the game after sniping the target with a pistol half way across the map. I was on high alert for 30 seconds, then i went to a pile of dead cop bodies, picked up a disguise, then walked out of the mission.

36,000 points, Veteran score. The world's average is 15,000 points.

what the fuck have they done.

Screenshots so far:

A Cop can't sit in a chair properly, clips the whole thing:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=109185328

Mission 1 Results:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=109185309

Commander McBadass

Can't you just s*ut the fu*k up and enjoy the game. You complain about the bugs and A.I.? Blood Money was way messier then this one even if it was a brilliant game. They've changed the way missions are done? I've played each single mission of every hitman over and over again and even if at first I was a bit disapointed with absolution, I think at least now we care about the main story and characters. 'Oh the game is more about killings cops and shooting everyone', you just have to sneak, wait and know the maps and you won't have to kill anyone. You don't like the spidey vision where you can see throught the walls or the Point Shooting where you can headshot 10 enemies in a row? Then don't fu*kin use it. Come on, it's like saying that the entire mass effect serie is crap because of the last 5 min.

My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM

Protein powder

I quite enjoyed this Hitman ! Actually I think its the best hitman to date ..

Roo Commander

I've only played it for a few hours (up to the church part) but I'm really enjoying it, having some good fun. Can't comment on it being the best or worst Hitman game as I've never played the other games.

Perfecting since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    a game magazine that is only sold through gamestop that gave hitman absolution almost a year of advertising and pre-order bonuses?

seems legit.

another fun thing i read in the scans, the Guards respawn when you kill them.

this is what happens when your game lead platform is a console.

Gameinformer is actually a really good magazine. They just get a bad vibe from trolls like you because it is sold at Gamestop. And on the internet it is not cool to like Gamestop.

Sig by Bladia

Cipher sent us to hell

I'm about halfway through the game and I quite enjoy it. My favorite Hitman is still Blood Money but I like what they've done with this one. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I don't see where most of the negative opinions are coming from to be honest.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Lvl 8 - Gold

After finishing the game I really don't know what to think...

One of my biggest issues with the game is the fact that missions aren't as complex as they were before. You basically follow a path the game has set for you, get to the target and then you have a few options. What I liked about previous games is that you were left in front of a building with several floors with a target inside. It was up to you to plan the hit, execute it and get out. That's missing from Absolution because the game's basically guiding you through these corridors to the next area.

Another thing. Weapon selection is gone. I know 47 gives his gear to Birdie but couldn't he store the weapons he collects in that car of his? That way you'd be able to select your own weapons before a mission instead of being forced to carry the same stuff, although a silverballer is more than enough.

And last, but not least...the disguise system. I've seen people complain about this and I somewhat agree. I see what they were trying to do with it but it feels like the games confused and doesn't know how it should be played. Do you use disguises or do you just sneak around? Even with a disguise you have to sneak around because the detection times are abysmal. You could walk into a room and be instantly spotted because you didn't know there were enemies inside OR that the area was off limits.

Lvl 8 - Gold

After finishing the game I really don't know what to think...

One of my biggest issues with the game is the fact that missions aren't as complex as they were before. You basically follow a path the game has set t you, get to the target and then you have a few options. What I liked about previous games is that you were left in front of a building with several floors with a target inside. It was up to you to plan the hit, execute it and get out. That's missing from Absolution because the game's basically guiding you through these corridors to the next area.

Another thing. Weapon selection is gone. I know 47 gives his gear to Birdie but couldn't he store the weapons he collects in that car of his? That way you'd be able to select your own weapons before a mission instead of being forced to carry the same stuff, although a silverballer is more than enough.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post but I can't delete one since the site seems to be acting up.

And last, but not least...the disguise system. I've seen people complain about this and I somewhat agree. I see what they were trying to do with it but it feels like the games confused and doesn't know how it should be played. Do you use disguises or do you just sneak around? Even with a disguise you have to sneak around because the detection times are abysmal. You could walk into a room and be instantly spotted because you didn't know there were enemies inside OR that the area was off limits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12