Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hitman Absolution is a Mess, PC Gamer Rips it apart.

This is a discussion on Hitman Absolution is a Mess, PC Gamer Rips it apart. within the Hitman: Absolution forum, part of the H; Hitman: Absolution "Is A Mess", Gets Torn Apart In PC Gamer Review If Hitman: Absolution is on your Holiday list, ...

INTJ

Hitman Absolution is a Mess, PC Gamer Rips it apart.

Hitman: Absolution "Is A Mess", Gets Torn Apart In PC Gamer Review

If Hitman: Absolution is on your Holiday list, you may be in for a big disappointment.

The Christmas 2012 issue of PC Gamer contains a review by Tom Francis who did a number on Hitman: Absolution with some very unflattering things to say about it. The fact that the review's sub-header reads "Hitman: Absolution is a mess. The police do not expect Blood Money is involved" should say everything.

IO Interactive and Square Enix may have very little to be proud of as every portion of the game is said to be bad. The review pans the game for its art style and overuse of bloom, poor story, small levels, pointless objectives (e.g. open a door), no saves, bad AI.
    Key points:
    Art style is bad and bloom is overused

Story is terrible

Levels are, for the most part, very small

Objectives are usually to open a door, not to kill someone

PC port is bad with controls that tell you to "gently" press LMB. Performance is 15~fps on 2/3 review machines

No saving discourages exploration

Weapons do not carry over across missions

AI is bad

Game encourages you to kill guards, unlike other Hitman games

Most assassinations are cutscenes and in a lot of them 47 fails to kill the target, rendering all of your work pointless

Contracts mode is pretty decent

For all their efforts, the game receives a score of 62 out of 100 with a verdict that reads "A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great."

PC gamer Scans:

http://imgur.com/a/V9tNa

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Kid, not loser

Yeah, it seems to be a bad PC port. I think GI gave it a 8.75 though, so I say it's still worth checking out.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be a bad PC port. I think GI gave it a 8.75 though, so I say it's still worth checking out.
    a game magazine that is only sold through gamestop that gave hitman absolution almost a year of advertising and pre-order bonuses?

seems legit.

another fun thing i read in the scans, the Guards respawn when you kill them.

this is what happens when your game lead platform is a console.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this is what happens when your game lead platform is a console.
    It has nothing to do with the lead platform and everything to do with retarded developers...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the lead platform and everything to do with retarded developers...
    Consoles have demographics.

Everyone is trying to appeal to the casual market these days.

im just going to post this again:
    http://i.imgur.com/79MOV.jpg

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I guess they want the Cawadooty audience.

Hitman series is dead, then.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Rangers F.C

It probably will be a bad game its already been a year of wreaking franchises like Max Payne and Resident Evil , I am playing Max Payne at the moment and its decent but has totally lost the feel of the game and sadly the best part of the game I have played so far was the bit in New York only which lasted a half hour . No doubt this game will be average too .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    It probably will be a bad game its already been a year of wreaking franchises like Max Payne and Resident Evil , I am playing Max Payne at the moment and its decent but has totally lost the feel of the game and sadly the best part of the game I have played so far was the bit in New York only which lasted a half hour . No doubt this game will be average too .
    Max Payne 3 Was actually really good, it just did the bad choice of releasing the same day as diablo 3.

it's a perfect example of Modernizing a game without ruining Core features. Like Deus Ex: Human Revolution did.

Lvl 8 - Gold

All platforms have demographics, all platforms have all different kinds of games. Are you actually trying to suggest that PC gaming is only for the "Hard core" or what ever the fuck they call themselves?

Rangers F.C

Fuck the casual market , if it keeps going the way its going the next Elder Scrolls character will have a machine gun and the enemies will have RPG's to try and get the COD crowd

Rangers F.C

Max Payne 3 Was actually really good, it just did the bad choice of releasing the same day as diablo 3.

it's a perfect example of Modernizing a game without ruining Core features. Like Deus Ex: Human Revolution did.
    Im at the part at the dock where they escape with the girl again and up until now have not got into it at all , when I played the other two on PC I loved every second , did you play 3 on PC cause that may be the problem for me I am doing it on PS3 ?

INTJ

Im at the part at the dock where they escape with the girl again and up until now have not got into it at all , when I played the other two on PC I loved every second , did you play 3 on PC cause that may be the problem for me I am doing it on PS3 ?
    I played it on the Xbox all the way through.

You are still early in the game. There's two more NYC Flashbacks coming up and Half way through is when you start getting very deep in the brazil city stuff.

i personally loved both the gameplay and story.

Toggle Spoiler

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Fuck the casual market , if it keeps going the way its going the next Elder Scrolls character will have a machine gun and the enemies will have RPG's to try and get the COD crowd

The Elder Scrolls VI : Borderlands then? Actually that would be perfection!

Waiting to actually play it before damning it myself, i already know it isn't exactly like the old ones so no expectations of brilliance, i'll be renting first mind, not that foolish as to buy it when such mixed reviews are about. 62 is better than average but that of course depends on the reviewers mindset.

Oh and Max Payne 3 was better than the last two, has anyone actually gone back and played Max Payne? It's horrid to watch and play. Max Payne 3 may be shallower than an African puddle but it does what it does ( stylish looking, noirish shoot em up ) very well.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Just a shit port yeah? God I hope so. I'd hate for the Hitman franchise to go to shit especially as I have the pro edition on preorder

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

seems that big part of the budget went to advertising (make it look better then it is in reallity ) and to stay within the budget they gived a lobotomy to the franchise.......

INTJ

Skip to 5:18

the top comment sums it up

QTEs, 47 reveals himself in front of hundreds of people with cameras, get Silent Assassin rank anyway.

What the fuck is this? All they had to do was copy Blood Money with new levels, how did the fuck it up?

Lvl 9 - Gold

I thought it was pretty good having played the original game on ps2 its only really a setting change to Brazil, try playing the game in noire mode *can only play that in new york minute for whatever reason though... would of been perfect for the actual story mode*

The multiplayer in it is pretty good it just suffers from low amount of players and a few issues it had on release that made people stop playing it.

Crocodile Hunter

and life moves on....

Sig by Apokolypz

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Skip to 5:18

the top comment sums it up
    what the fuck was that all about? That was retarded

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

The only sane person here

And I like how the big companies are reviewing this game giving it 80/100 or B+ scores

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast