View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

3 8.82%
  • Easy

12 35.29%
  • Moderate

19 55.88%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Hitman: Absolution forum, part of the H; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

It's All Spandex!

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been waiting for a new Hitman game for 6 years, after the release of Blood Money, and finally got it. Some say that the game is awful and that the franchise is lost, others say it's amazing, for me it's a bit of both.
    In my opinion it's still a good game and one you can enjoy and have fun, but in the attempt to reach out for a wider audience some key elements, like stealth or the disguise system suffered a big blow and got worst, the disguised system was hit the most. If you happen to get a disguise that has a mask, enemies will still spot you (even if it's a welding mask or a balaclava) and if you're playing on a difficulty higher than normal, detection is almost instantly witch makes it impossible for a stealthy playthrough forcing you to a CoD playing style.
    The platinum is not hard, the most challenging playing in a Professional difficulty, other than that the trophies are easy and fun, like killing someone by throwing a fire axe directly into their skull (strangely satisfying ) or killing someone accidentally (yeah right accident).
    Contracts mode is unique and rewarding allowing you to create a hit with up to 3 targets with specific tasks like hiding all bodies or not being spotted and witch costume and weapon to use on the kill, completing contracts will earn you money to upgrade weapons or buy costumes and weapons you didn't find on the game.
    The Collectibles in Hitman Absolution are Evidence and they are not hard to find or many of them. They are a few for each level but if you explore by the end you will only be missing a couple. The game also has many enjoyable easter eggs.
    There's almost no glitches, only bad mechanics like the poor disguise system I only found one but it was big, it's so big that the game will freeze somewhere while playing the story mode, you'll power down your PS3 and when you turn it back on you'll find all your Hitman Absolution save data corrupted, forcing you to start the game all over again (WTF IO!?), if you ran into this the solution is playing the game offline and not installing the patch 1.01.
    That being said I give it a 3/Moderate.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 7 - Gold

Easy- Only hard part about this Platinum was beating this game on hard on your first playthrough. Especially it was tougher for me as i never played a single hitman game before. The other trophies are bloody simple

Roo Commander

Easy - Didn't have much trouble at all.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This was one of the easiest platinum trophies you can get. The game is short and most trophies are unlocked by just beating the game. Finding the evidence is straight forward since unlike most games they aren't hidden very well, and the online trophies are as easy as playing 3 well made contracts and having a friend that also has the game.Hard is exactly the same as normal with the exception of 1 or 2 added enemies and can be breezed through in less than 3 hours.All in all i voted this as very easy,its no metal gear, but when this game works (not glitching and deleting saves) its a really good game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i voted Easy.

This was the first Hitman i played on professional difficulty, and more than 1 level, even though the first Hitman was the first game i ever played, i don't know if it counted as it was only for 15 minutes or so :p

Anyway, if you take your time being stealth during your professional playthrough than the game might take a while and some thinking, or you can just go out shooting everybody, which won't always work though...

No trouble at all, unless there are some levels you try to go all rambo in, and the disguise system sucks balls, good game though.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Piece of cake, i'm not proud of this plat at all, i think there should be a trophy for purist difficulty, and for all the challenges, but it's a very good game, love it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Voted Easy I was expecting it to be a bit harder, still a fun game worth playing

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate - Cause beating the game on hard dfficulty is not that simple.. you have to try a lot of times to understand how the game works.. after you understand the essence of the game it starts to be a bit easier.. but after all it's an excelent game and i highly recommend to everyone!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I went with Moderate as well. Professional difficulty had its moments where I struggled a bit until I really learned the game. Collectables were easy and the contracts mode was fun and not a hindrance at all. Great game!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I give this a moderate difficulty. Online is very easy though and been done in 2-3 hours. Only difficult bit was playing and finishing the game on Hard difficulty. This is the first the time I have ever played a Hitman game and I really enjoyed it, there is so many ways to finish a level. Really fun game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I went moderate do the Hard difficulty, but then again I fought some of the games systems more then I should have.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted moderate but I couldnt help trying to do things right I felt dirty killing everyone
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate - only due to hard differculty playthrough.

PRO Member

Voted Moderate. Mostly for hard play through. I started straight away on hard. So going into the game not knowing what to expect I struggled in some parts for hours at a time. Love how you can aproach the levels different ways.

Only complaint I have is the disguise system. Some parts it was almost pointless to have a costume because you can be detected so easily.

Trophy wise most of it you can unlock without trying to hard for the trophies. Only ones that take effort is for completing all the play styles, Completing 100 challenges and finding all the evidence.

Overall I loved the game and would recomend it.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 2 - Bronze

3-Easy

All the trophies were easy. The game starts off as a pain if you dont play stealth games but after a while you get used to it and it becomes easy. I had no problems with the challenges since you only needed to complete 100 out of +200. Some of the playstyles glitched for me but i was able to complete them later. I got the platinum in 3 playthroughs: 1st on medium to get the evidence and part of the challenges and playstyles, on my 2nd playthrough i completed the remaining challenges and playstyles on hard but when i was on the blackwater park mission my ps3 turned off and corrupted my file forcing me to do another playthrough on hard.
    My Platinums: WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, CoD Classic, CoD World at War, CoD MW2, CoD Black Ops, CoD MW3, CoD BO2, Ratchet & Clank a crack in time, Gow 1, 2, 3, GoW Ascension, GoW Ghost of Sparta, WWE12, Terminator Salvation, Medal of Honor, Uncharted 3, Jak and daxter, Jak 2, 3, Battlefield 3, The Walking Dead, Dead Island, Sound Shapes(PS3), Infamous 1, 2, Saints Row the third, Ratchet & Clank all 4 one, Hitman Absolution, Sly 1, GTA 5, BF4, Sound Shapes, CoD Ghosts, resogun, Dead Nation AE.

Mini Ninja

Easy. I breezed through most of the trophies, with the exception of the Absolution gold trophy. I played through on Normal initially (first time playing a Hitman game), and the game on Hard is a lot trickier. Patience and timing is critical, but it isn't impossible to "Rambo" through some of the levels if you're careful enough. Overall, pretty straightforward trophy list.

Finally GTA V done.

3 Moderate or 5/10 This is one of the few games that going through the story is harder than the rest of the trophies. It was my 1st time playing a Hitman game and I found some parts tough. It did get easier as I got used to the game but that wasn't til more than halfway I was done with it. It's defientely not the hardest game at all but I've played much easier than this. Great game to play though.

PRO Member

Moderate, hard if without guide if with guide, this game is complicated need patience and can't rush an awesome game but so complicated
    Last edited by AngeldeLeo; 11-01-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate - As for never playing a Hitman game before, or really a stealth game in general, this was a bit challenging, but very very easy with a guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast