Guide to Using All Weapons & All Ground Kills in Hotline Miami

This is a discussion on Guide to Using All Weapons & All Ground Kills in Hotline Miami within the Hotline Miami forum, part of the H; WEAPON CHECKLIST : Assault Rifle (gun has 24 rnds) Baseball Bat (melee use) Baseball Bat (ground kill) Baton (melee use) ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Guide to Using All Weapons & All Ground Kills in Hotline Miami

WEAPON CHECKLIST:

Assault Rifle (gun has 24 rnds)
    Baseball Bat (melee use)
    Baseball Bat (ground kill)
    Baton (melee use) Only located in Chapter 13 (Assault).
    Baton (ground kill) Only located in Chapter 13 (Assault).
    Beer Can (throwing weapon)
    Brick (ground kill)
    Brick (throwing weapon)
    Crowbar (melee use) Only located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 1st floor.
    Crowbar (ground kill) Only located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 1st floor.
    Dart (ground kill)
    Dart (throwing weapon)
    Double Barrel Shotgun (gun has 2 rnds)
    Drill (melee use) Only available if you wear the Carl the Grasshopper mask.
    Drill (ground kill) Only available if you wear the Carl the Grasshopper mask.
    Fireaxe (melee use)
    Fireaxe (ground kill)
    Frying Pan (melee use) Only located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 2nd floor.
    Frying Pan (ground kill) Only located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 2nd floor.
    Glass Bottle (throwing weapon)
    Golf Club (melee use)
    Golf Club (ground kill)
    Hammer (throwing weapon)
    Hammer (ground kill)
    Katana (melee use)
    Katana (ground kill)
    Knife (melee use)
    Knife (ground kill)
    Lead Pipe (melee use)
    Lead Pipe (ground kill)
    Machete (melee use)
    Machete (ground kill, be sure to get the full 3-chop decapitation execution)
    Magnum Handgun (gun has 6 rnds)
    MP5 (gun has 32 rnds)
    Ninja Star (throwing weapon)
    Pool Cue Stick (melee use) Easily located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 1st floor.
    Pool Cue Stick (ground kill) Easily located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 1st floor.
    Pool Cue Stick Broken (melee use) Easily located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 1st floor, break the pool cue first.
    Pool Cue Stick Broken (ground kill) Easily located in Chapter 5 (Full House), 1st floor, break the pool cue first.
    Pot w/ Water (melee use, slings water) Easily located in Chapter 2 (Overdose), 2nd floor.
    Pot w/ Water (ground kill) Easily located in Chapter 2 (Overdose), 2nd floor.
    Pot Empty (melee use, slings water) Easily located in Chapter 2 (Overdose), 2nd floor, get the water out first.
    Pot Empty (ground kill) Easily located in Chapter 2 (Overdose), 2nd floor, get the water out first.
    Pump Shotgun (gun has 6 rnds)
    Scissors (ground kill)
    Scissors (throwing weapon)
    Scorpian SMG (gun has 20 rnds)
    Silenced Pistol (gun has 13 rnds)
    Silenced Uzi (gun) You only get this by equipping the Richter the Rat mask.
    Sledgehammer (melee use)
    Sledgehammer (ground kill)
    Uzi (gun has 30 rnds)

Above is a checklist for all of the weapons in Hotline Miami that you could miss, and a video showing & explaining how to obtain every one. There are 4 weapons that you cannot miss: the briefcase in the Prelude, the trophy and throwing knives in the Final Chapter (15), and Biker’s butcher knife. You cannot avoid using those if you’ve completed the story (and Epilogue).

COMPLETING THIS ENTIRE CHECKLIST WILL EARN YOU 4 TROPHIES:
    Knife for Pros” for using all melee weapons at least once
    Pitcher” for using all throwing weapons at least once
    Guns For Show” for using all guns at least once
    Always On Top” for performing every ground kill in the game

There are only 9 weapons that do not spawn that you can miss and their locations are mentioned in the checklist. All of the other weapons will spawn randomly and can easily be obtained by exploiting the numerous spawn points on Chapter 5. The video shows how to get all 9 of the weapons that do not spawn, and also shows how to take advantage of Chapter 5 to get all of the other weapons that do spawn.

You need to have unlocked all of the weapons (by getting a total of 800,000 points added up across all Chapters).
    You need to have completed the entire game (even the Epilogue).
    You need to have both the Carl the Grasshopper and the Richter the Rat masks.

A lot of the weapons are needed for more than one Trophy. For instance, you have to use the machete as a melee weapon, but you also have to use it in an execution for a ground kill. Also, you have to use the dart as a throwing weapon, but you also have to use it in an execution as a ground kill. So in the checklist every weapon is alphabetized and all of the ones that you can use for a ground kill are on there twice specifying “ground kill” so you can check off exactly how you used it.

IMPORTANT: If you use a weapon and then die before reaching a checkpoint, the game will not save the fact that you used it. So you should ONLY check off a weapon when you’re sure that you just used it and then completed a stage. I recommend saving the weapons you want to use for the last enemy in a stage so that you know you got that usage.

The Glass Bottle and the Beer Can look very similar; the Glass Bottle has a longer neck coming out of it.

The Lead Pipe and the Golf Club look very similar; the Golf Club has a slight L-shape to it and is longer.

If you don’t know which guns are which I’ve included the total number of rounds for each gun in the list. Only two guns that spawn have the same number of rounds, but one is the Pump Shotgun and the other is the Magnum Handgun, so you can easily tell the difference between those.

And the “link” mentioned in the video is to this thread in case you’re wondering.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is going to be handy, thanks a lot man.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hello everyone,

I used the most-excellent checklist listed above and created an interactive Google document that allows you to actually mark off weapons and items as "Complete" or "Incomplete" based on the activity necessary. You can also sort it by Complete/Incomplete/NA as you would a normal spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TeU9MSEE#gid=0

If you want to use this, simply click, "File>Make a Copy.." in Google Spreadsheet and it will copy the Spreadsheet to your own Google Drive folder for use. (I also added the Glass Bottle as a ground attack item, which wasn't mentioned in the checklist above. Enjoy!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by salesmunn View Post
    Hello everyone,

I used the most-excellent checklist listed above and created an interactive Google document that allows you to actually mark off weapons and items as "Complete" or "Incomplete" based on the activity necessary. You can also sort it by Complete/Incomplete/NA as you would a normal spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TeU9MSEE#gid=0

If you want to use this, simply click, "File>Make a Copy.." in Google Spreadsheet and it will copy the Spreadsheet to your drive folder for use. Enjoy!
    Very well done! Thanks for sharing

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

No problem, I have a bunch of docs just like this I make for dozens of titles. I should probably start sharing them out...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have to say that I've executed all of the ground kills on this checklist and the trophy hasn't popped, even after adding the glass bottle ground kill. I have all of the other trophies, maybe after they patch it and I finish off the glass and dog trophy I'll reset the game and try it from scratch.

Any thoughts?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have to say that I've executed all of the ground kills on this checklist and the trophy hasn't popped, even after adding the glass bottle ground kill. I have all of the other trophies, maybe after they patch it and I finish off the glass and dog trophy I'll reset the game and try it from scratch.

Any thoughts?
    They’ve admitted that not only are the dog & glass panel Trophies glitched in such a way that they’re unobtainable for anyone, but the 4 weapon-based Trophies are also glitched “for some people,” which I take as a vague way of saying that they don’t really know what’s wrong with it, but hopefully the patch will address ALL of those issues as they claim. Clearly I wasn’t one of the people affected by the glitch involving the weapons Trophies, unless I just got lucky.

At the end of Chapter 13 (Assault) you have the option of killing Richter (the guy in the jail cell); if you choose to do so you’ll strangle him until his face turns purple. This may count toward the ground kills as it’s possible to leave him alive and still finish the Chapter.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BoneSickle View Post
    They’ve admitted that not only are the dog & glass panel Trophies glitched in such a way that they’re unobtainable for anyone, but the 4 weapon-based Trophies are also glitched “for some people,” which I take as a vague way of saying that they don’t really know what’s wrong with it, but hopefully the patch will address ALL of those issues as they claim. Clearly I wasn’t one of the people affected by the glitch involving the weapons Trophies, unless I just got lucky.

At the end of Chapter 13 (Assault) you have the option of killing Richter (the guy in the jail cell); if you choose to do so you’ll strangle him until his face turns purple. This may count toward the ground kills as it’s possible to leave him alive and still finish the Chapter.
    I went through the list a second time again and when I got to the frying pan from Chapter 5, it popped. Who knows? I know I had covered that at least three times.

All that's left are the two glitched ones now.

Oh and there's also one ground kill not listed on the chart, briefcase from the Prelude.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I went through the list a second time again and when I got to the frying pan from Chapter 5, it popped. Who knows? I know I had covered that at least three times.

All that's left are the two glitched ones now.

Oh and there's also one ground kill not listed on the chart, briefcase from the Prelude.
    I should also specify that prior to the second checklist play through, I sync'd my game save up with the PS3 version and played a few rounds on PS3 before syncing again and playing again on Vita. That might help someone.