Mega Combo tips

This is a discussion on Mega Combo tips within the Hydrophobia: Prophecy forum, part of the H; This is probably fairly old news, but for anyone who's having trouble racking up 7,000 points in a single combo ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Mega Combo tips

This is probably fairly old news, but for anyone who's having trouble racking up 7,000 points in a single combo for this medal (like I was), the good news is that you actually don't need anywhere near this many points. This may be as a result of the game being patched to decrease the amount of points required, but while I was playing last night in order to get the Mega Combo medal and, subsequently, the Celebrated trophy, I selected my Semi-Automatic rounds and shot a glowing gas tank as a henchman walked past it. The explosion killed him and also detonated a red barrel beside it. I then shot another couple of barrels in close proximity for good measure, and received a score of 1,250 points for the combo - which then unlocked both the medal and the trophy.

For reference, I did this in the CycloConverter B room in Act 2, where you can also obtain the Espionage medal, although there are also numerous other places where this combo could be pulled off. I was also playing on Hard difficulty, as this seems to award more points than Easy or Normal. The Semi-Auto rounds were used so that I wouldn't have to potentially interrupt the combo by charging up Sonic rounds - Semi-Auto rounds can be fired immediately.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A technique i found for this was to use the gel rounds at the start of act 3, shouting all the rounds and then pressing R2 causing them all to explode at the same time. got a score of 10,000+