Hydrophobia : Prophecy - Who Else is/has Played?

This is a discussion on Hydrophobia : Prophecy - Who Else is/has Played? within the Hydrophobia: Prophecy forum, part of the H; There's no forum for this game yet, so... I really liked this game. I already played through and beat it, ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hydrophobia : Prophecy - Who Else is/has Played?

There's no forum for this game yet, so...

I really liked this game. I already played through and beat it, and took down the "Challenege" Room. While the game went pretty quick, it was also pretty entertaining. It appears to have been just an Episode 1 deal, and I'll most likely pick up the future installments should they continue it. It was like Tomb Raider meets Dark Sector.

You can also leave feedback to the developers about the game. You can vote up/down various categories of gameplay, graphics, story, etc. I think that's pretty cool they gave PS3 users a pipeline right to the developer.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Player Hater

I've got it, I've played, I've enjoyed it. Haven't finished it yet, but I'm liking what I've seen so far. It reminds me a bit of beyond Good and Evil for some reason. Getting it for free for being a PS+ member is awesome, because I would have bought it anyway. Shame there's no plat. A game like this is crying out for one.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I downloaded today, already only finish first chapter....

looks pretty good, anyway.....

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yep i played it pretty good game easy and short im still missing two trophies for 100% though.

Prayer Warrior

it's a fun game.....for sure puts me in the mind of tomb raider. my only real complaint is it's very short

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fun, Short game. VERY glitched! Prevents getting some trophies. Particularly the deep breath and nemesis medals.

Resident PHD

Ok I beat the first act. Can anyone tell me (without spoiling anything) if they actually explain anything in this game. They threw you into this mess with no build up and the way it is being paced it doesn't feel like I will get my explanation.

It is ok for now, but playing a game like this makes you appreciate UC storytelling that much more.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Ok I beat the first act. Can anyone tell me (without spoiling anything) if they actually explain anything in this game. They threw you into this mess with no build up and the way it is being paced it doesn't feel like I will get my explanation.

It is ok for now, but playing a game like this makes you appreciate UC storytelling that much more.
    The story does unwind as you move on. It will fill you in on the past and why things are happening in the present. By the end, I knew why I was doing what I was doing. It wasn't the greatest story of all time, but it wasn't the worst either. The gameplay exceeded the storyline.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    The story does unwind as you move on. It will fill you in on the past and why things are happening in the present. By the end, I knew why I was doing what I was doing. It wasn't the greatest story of all time, but it wasn't the worst either. The gameplay exceeded the storyline.
    Cool, I am playing Chains of Olympus right now but I will be going back to it after that. I really don't like the flashback mode of storytelling because it takes a good storyteller to do it right. Lots of writers like using it because it allows them to get into the action right away, but if you aren't good at it then people will stop reading/watching.

At least with Videogames there is gameplay to go along with that but a book or movie you are just left with a bad story.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE