Never played but thinking of getting

This is a discussion on Never played but thinking of getting within the Ico forum, part of the I; Thinking of getting this in the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack. I am being honest in saying I have never ...

Renegade Time Lord

Never played but thinking of getting

Thinking of getting this in the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack.

I am being honest in saying I have never played them both but people are saying that they are good. So I am thinking of getting it on Friday when I get Dark Souls and Batman: Arkham City.

Are there any tips that you guys and girls can give me?
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 9 - Gold

.............seriously?

Have you ever looked at the front page of this site....

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ga...co-review.html

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ga...us-review.html

Lvl 3 - Bronze

These are two classic titles that either originally didn't sell as many copies as they thought they would [in ICO's case, I think that was because the game was the first of it's kind and the reviews said it was very short], or in SOTC case, were only on sale for about 3-4 months then became a deleted title.
    Both games got very good reviews, ICO 8.5-9/10, SOTC 10/10.
    I think it was regional differences between PS2 versions that just became too expensive to do multiple print runs in SOTC case, that's why it was deleted so quickly.
    I've seen plenty of posts over the years from people trying to beg, borrow of steal a copy of SOTC, you'll see why if you decide to get it.

PRO Member

I got it and i love it i was 1 of the luck few who own the original copies for the ps2. I would suggest maybe renting it first just incase your not a fan of that type of game but IMO they r master peaces and in my alltime top 5 games.

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

go for it you cant go wrong with these two games -
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    .............seriously?

Have you ever looked at the front page of this site....

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ga...co-review.html

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ga...us-review.html
    Yes seriously, I have no reason to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    These are two classic titles that either originally didn't sell as many copies as they thought they would [in ICO's case, I think that was because the game was the first of it's kind and the reviews said it was very short], or in SOTC case, were only on sale for about 3-4 months then became a deleted title.
    Both games got very good reviews, ICO 8.5-9/10, SOTC 10/10.
    I think it was regional differences between PS2 versions that just became too expensive to do multiple print runs in SOTC case, that's why it was deleted so quickly.
    I've seen plenty of posts over the years from people trying to beg, borrow of steal a copy of SOTC, you'll see why if you decide to get it.
    I seen Ico on the PS2 and was unsure but then I was younger so I could not go out and buy it myself. Same as Shadow of the Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengriff View Post
    I got it and i love it i was 1 of the luck few who own the original copies for the ps2. I would suggest maybe renting it first just incase your not a fan of that type of game but IMO they r master peaces and in my alltime top 5 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorry777 View Post
    go for it you cant go wrong with these two games -
    I got the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus today from Gamestation but I am on nights so I will have to wait till the weekend till I can play it (Along with Dark Souls, Batman: Arkham City, Rage and Bleach: Soul Ressurection)
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

PRO Member

I see you got it already, so my reply is completely unnecessary, but I'd recommend picking it up. ICO is one of those games I got when it first came out, and even though it is a short game, my memory of it has carried over the 10 years since I first played it. Not the game itself, not the plot, not the gameplay, but the experience overall was so unique that it's stuck with me all this time. I'm playing it now and loving it all over again.

Shadow of the Colossus, however, I've never played, so I can't really have an opinion. But from what I've heard and read, it'll stick with you the same way. So for $40 for the two (unless you get a sale like I did and pay $16) it's a definite must-have.

Hope you enjoy them!
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Apotheon, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

The only sane person here

You should play Ico and Sotc both great games of last gen plus trophies.

The Temple of the King

I'm wondering what you thought of either one of these games. A friend of mine got me this game for my birthday a week ago (after he heard that I was getting The Last Guardian) and I just got to the third save point a minute ago. So far, it is a unique experience, but I can see many frustrations with this game already. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the game (or enjoying or whichever).

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've never played neither ICO nor SOtC back on the PS2 (in fact, I wasn't a PSx-and-console-guy back in those days).

Recently I bought the HD pack for the PS3... and it was really disappointing. They surely are great games. ICO reminds my a lot "Another World" from the Amiga days, and SOtC is very neat in its uniqueness in struggling only with huge-and-very-bad-guys. However, they do show their age. The HD conversion is not as good as one would imagine, the gameplay tastes "old" and the game controls are plain hell (seriously, from time to time both games are nearly unplayable).

So, it has been surely a pleasant experience playing them... but, given the option to buy Deus Ex, Infamous 2 or Batman Arkham City with the same money... well, I'll stick to the latter ones.

Just my two cents.

PRO Member

I was so sure to getting this till i figured that needs multi walkthrough i hate that so changed my mind

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They need multi play-throughs, but you can finish ICO in under 2 hours!, so even if you had to play through 3 times [first run to finish the game, 2nd to get the special weapon and watermelon finish, 3rd less than 2 hour speed run] your looking at around a total of 10 hours max.
    Is it that big a ask?

SOTC......well yeah, that's a bit more of a slog, if only for the amount of time it takes you to get to the sites where each colossus on both the normal + hard play through's, plus finding the lizards and fruit, the time trials you don't have to travel, you just trigger them from the temple as you want to attempt them.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Old thread but, I don't like this game particular much. The intro music is amazing but I ain't feeling the magic, the puzzles are simple and boring. The gameplay(I know it's not big part of the game) sucks. The camera is always changing angles which makes me miss, and he's swinging a stick not a fucking broadsword! It'ssss so incredible annoying :S

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14