2 Hour speed run - Glitch warning- costs you time.

This is a discussion on 2 Hour speed run - Glitch warning- costs you time. within the Ico forum, part of the I; Just a heads up! There is a possible glitch that can happen, and it happened to me on several attempts ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

2 Hour speed run - Glitch warning- costs you time.

Just a heads up!
    There is a possible glitch that can happen, and it happened to me on several attempts till I noticed why I kept failing.
    In the second last fight of the game, the section where Yorda is frozen and surrounded by the black ghosts, they spawn from the 50 odd containers spread either side of the room.
    The best way to beat them in the shortest time is to stay up where Yorda is and let the ghosts come to you, BUT, when you think you have killed them all and are waiting for the cut scene that supposed to happen when you have beaten them all, it might not trigger.
    You can be waiting up there with a frozen Yorda for more ghosts to appear for what seems a eternity, eventually one will show up, you kill it, then the cut scene starts, but by then it can be too late, and your finishing time will now be over 2 hours.

The problem as I have found out after this happened to me around 5 times is [The amount of swearing used on these failed attempts deserved a Platinum itself], if you turn around and view into the room, you will see, if this glitch is happening to you, one black ghosts stuck in a glitch at the container ICO escaped from, it can't make it up to where Yorda is.

So a tip, count the black ghosts as you kill them, there are 52 I think, when you get to around 48 start turning around and looking into the room to see if more ghosts are still coming, or if you have one stuck at the fallen container, if so jump down and kill it, then run back up to Yorda.
    It will save you a lot of frustration and otherwise successful attempts failing.

PRO Member

This happened to me on my regular run-through, but for me the ghost wasn't by the escape container, it was at the front of the room where you climb the stairs. This is still an important tip, tho, or you'll lose your time run, as blackwiggle said.
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Apotheon, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect